Home: Behavioral Problems: Peeing and Poo Problem:
How to toilet train an adult dog?

crystalruby763
New User

Dec 12, 2009, 5:20 AM

Post #1 of 2 (5995 views)
Shortcut
How to toilet train an adult dog? Can't Post

I recently adopted an adult male Maltese. He been stay in the cage at the pet shop for more than 8 months, he is now 10 months old.
The main problem is, he doesn't know where to pee & poo, he did it everywhere and whenever he feel to. No matter how we beat or scold him, he seem don't understand.
Is there a way to train him? as he is already 10 months old and been stay in the cage for so long.

icelads

Dec 16, 2009, 9:05 PM

Post #2 of 2 (5949 views)
Shortcut
Re: [crystalruby763] How to toilet train an adult dog? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Crystalruby,

Try to confine him at the area where you want him to pee/poo soon after every meal, and only release him after he pee/poo and praise him good dog soon after he pee/poo.

other time its very hard to know if he is sniffing place to pee/poo unless you observe him closely. and if he pee/poo at the wrong place, just scold him bad dog, and clean up the place and put the dirt at the place you want him to pee/poo for moment then only clean it up.

This is what i did to my furkid. i even talk to her in human language and ask her too do business at the right place, she seems to understand it :)

and i think 10 months old is still a puppy, don't give up training him, i think still can be rectified :)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my