Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Dog Grooming:
help find kutu "cures"

yue
Novice

Nov 25, 2009, 5:05 AM

Post #1 of 11 (7395 views)
Shortcut
help find kutu "cures" Can't Post

hw to successfully kill kutu without putting the dog's life n da owner's life in danger???

help....kutu attacks....T.T
Attachments: DSC00008.JPG (14.6 KB)

wing0112
Dog Kichi

Nov 29, 2009, 6:59 AM

Post #2 of 11 (7358 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yue] help find kutu "cures" [In reply to] Can't Post

go to the vet or use frontline and then use the tick collar...

yue
Novice

Nov 30, 2009, 1:45 AM

Post #3 of 11 (7351 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wing0112] help find kutu "cures" [In reply to] Can't Post

tanks...but tick collars aren't water proof.....is there any other solution?

wing0112
Dog Kichi

Nov 30, 2009, 7:04 AM

Post #4 of 11 (7339 views)
Shortcut

well ur dog play with water everyday? if yes then i dont think ur problem of kutu will solve. the tick collar is quite effective and if u dont want to use it then..\

shave all the hair & catch it, use frontline and use 2 if needed.. and after that apply spot on frontline every 2 months.. so u no need use tick collar.. how to use it.. ask pet shoop or vet.

since now is rainy season.. do avoid bring ur dog to mix with others and also avoid grass area.a lot of kutu there..... if still this method cant be use.. then u have to figure it out urself dy la..

yue
Novice

Dec 6, 2009, 4:21 AM

Post #5 of 11 (7279 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wing0112] help find kutu "cures" [In reply to] Can't Post

oo...ok...tanks...

GoldenAddict
Canine Addict

Dec 26, 2009, 1:13 AM

Post #6 of 11 (6853 views)
Shortcut

Flea & Tick collars are hopeless gimmicks. They NEVER work! The same thing with flea & tick shampoos. Just get Frontline PLUS & apply it onto your dog. Problem solved!

"Multi BIS (local) GreatGrowkenn Agnes CGC" is ranked #5 (all-breed) in Best Malaysian Bred Dog Of The Year 2010"

(This post was edited by GoldenAddict on Dec 26, 2009, 1:21 AM)

Riccaval
ALPHA

Dec 27, 2009, 7:59 AM

Post #7 of 11 (6819 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wing0112,yue] help find kutu "cures" [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
go to the vet or use frontline and then use the tick collar...

I agree with tick collars......no tick problem since using them. Frontline not as effective for me.

(This post was edited by Riccaval on Dec 27, 2009, 8:16 AM)

GoldenAddict
Canine Addict

Dec 27, 2009, 10:35 PM

Post #8 of 11 (6807 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wing0112, Riccaval, yue] help find kutu "cures" [In reply to] Can't Post

By the way wing0112, you cannot use Frontline & then simply put on a flea & tick collar immediately after that. That would literally KILL the dog!!! It's too strong. And anyway, I wouldn't even waste my money on gimmicks(like the collar) that are hardly effective & unsafe.

Do you know that many of these flea & tick control products have a dangerous ingredient in them that is also found in pesticides used in common household products? The ingredient is called pyrethrins or pyrethroids. Look it up. This ingredient has made MANY dogs & cats seriously ill for the past few years & some have even dropped dead from it. Frontline does NOT have this ingredient in their products so it's *safer* but I still wouldn't simply apply it onto my dogs unnecessarily UNLESS they are really infested in those blood sucking vermins. I wouldn't panic if there's only one or two or even four ticks on them.

It's actually the ENTIRE HOUSE that needs to be fumigated to break the cycle. They're everywhere INSIDE the house. They're hiding & breeding in dark places. No point you just protect your dog with these products because the fleas & ticks will STILL jump on them or if they're desperate enough, they will feast on the HUMAN BEINGS that are living in there.

"Multi BIS (local) GreatGrowkenn Agnes CGC" is ranked #5 (all-breed) in Best Malaysian Bred Dog Of The Year 2010"

(This post was edited by GoldenAddict on Dec 27, 2009, 10:52 PM)

lteh9262
Novice

Jan 24, 2010, 3:12 AM

Post #9 of 11 (6343 views)
Shortcut

u can use bayticol a tick bath to bathe yr dog. mix wit a bit of water n spray whole garden n dog sleeping place. after 2 days use da frontline da type dat drips into to dog skin. not spray type. then buy a kind of lemongrass concentrate available in supermarket. mix wit water n spray daily around dog sleeping place. i used this method once. n never had tick problem eversince. i maintain wit da lemongrass spray twice a week n also frontline once in 2 months

Knotidoc
Enthusiast

Jan 24, 2010, 3:49 AM

Post #10 of 11 (6340 views)
Shortcut

NONE WHATSOEVER I have been fighting this problem for over 55++ years. You name it I have tried it. The best you can do is to have it under control. And the only danger to your dog is hopefully it won't get bitten by one that carries the tick fever parasite.

Any Professors here who claimed to have eliminated tick problems completely you are cordially invited to solve it for me. I shall pay you RM 10,000.00 when the job is successfully excuted.

Terms & conditions are very simple. All medication, chemicals and method of deployment are at your account. Warrenty period is 2 years. Letter of Credit will be established for 24 months upon maturity.

Opinion expressed may appear unorthodox & unconventional, sometimes even controversial but facts given are assured of their accuracy.

(This post was edited by Knotidoc on Jan 24, 2010, 3:55 AM)

Knotidoc
Enthusiast

Jan 24, 2010, 5:43 AM

Post #11 of 11 (6332 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lteh9262] help find kutu "cures" [In reply to] Can't Post

Do you know the cost of all the material you mentioned? In terms of area that is to say sq metre what is the effective coverage?

Can you please give specific dilution bcoz I don't know how much is your bit of water.Sly

Opinion expressed may appear unorthodox & unconventional, sometimes even controversial but facts given are assured of their accuracy.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my