Home: Behavioral Problems: Aggresive Dogs and Puppies:
Finding best training program

pauline67
New User

Nov 3, 2009, 8:38 PM

Post #1 of 5 (7236 views)
Shortcut
Finding best training program Can't Post

Dear all, will appreciate your help greatly in recommending the most suitable training program for my dog and us.

He has just bit a neighbor's dog then another neighbor. Family is now very stress about neighbors being unhappy with us.

We will like to send him to a boarding school training program place to defuse the tense environment at home.

We also recognised that since he has bitten the adult, he is very likely to bite another person. Very concerned that a child is bitten. We have many playing wandering children in our neighborhood.

I have done a bit of research on the website, the only one i have come across with boarding is G Pet in Kota Kemuning. Two conditions made this a bit hard for us, we live in Ampang and the cost for the training is RM 2000 plus lodging of RM 250. It is a very hefty amount.

Do any of you have other recommendation?? He has already gone for basic 10 wks program but this biting of an adult is a new behaviour, we are very concern.

Much appreciated for any help.

pauline67
New User

Nov 3, 2009, 8:57 PM

Post #2 of 5 (7232 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pauline67] Finding best training program [In reply to] Can't Post

Sorry, i forgot to include the breed and age of dog.

He is a shar pei and is 1 yr 4 months old. He is also the only dog at home

Knotidoc
Enthusiast

Nov 4, 2009, 2:15 AM

Post #3 of 5 (7220 views)
Shortcut

You are facing an uphill task. Your pet being a shar Pei and is 1 year & 4months old may pose a problem to you in the near future if you do not quickly find a solution to its behaviour.

The characteristic of a SharPei as you know is typically a working as well as a guard dog. It turns aggressive at 1year+ because its time for him to be protective and defensive.

I don't think your pet cannot be trained but if you don't have the budget and the time then there is nothing to say.

If you are interested to hear what I have to say and recommend perhaps you could call O16-9O4 6299.

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 9, 2009, 10:04 PM

Post #4 of 5 (7206 views)
Shortcut

Only a certified dog behaviorist can help you. Don't go to those that are self certified ones. They're lousy I can tell you that. The only person I know that is certified now in KL/PJ is Cheng See 012-2584315.

~Nature's Way: Raw Food for Health ~

~ Pet ID Tags: A MUST For Every Pet! ~

icey_melon
New User

Dec 2, 2009, 9:42 PM

Post #5 of 5 (6978 views)
Shortcut

Hey!

I've been searching for a dog training center too. The one that I think is good is also the one at Kota Kemuning, but as you have mentioned, RM2250+++ is quite a hefty sum[not to forget my dog just bite our car's engine oil tank which needs repair up to RM5k! Pirate ]

He is a big size dog so cant really bring him to trainings like everyweek. Do share with me if u found any training centers

Thanks!

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my