Looking for miniature schnauzer

Zul
New User

Oct 8, 2009, 1:30 AM

Post #1 of 7 (11226 views)
Shortcut
Looking for miniature schnauzer Can't Post

Hello all...

I'm wondering if anyone know a good miniature schnauzer breeder around KL or Selangor area. We are seriously looking for a miniature schnauzer to be part of our family. We are very happy if anyone could assist us in recommending a good breeder as we believe to buy from breeder is better than to buy one from a pet shop.

Thank you.

elyssa
Novice

Mar 4, 2010, 11:41 PM

Post #2 of 7 (10706 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Zul] Looking for miniature schnauzer [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Zul,

I know it has been very long since you posted this. From the profile pic, my guess is you got one already. Know what? Mine has the exact colour as yours :P. I just got mine a month ago. He will be 4 months old this mid-March.

How is your dog doing? My puppy is so bity right now..and his teeth are quite sharp..ouchie..

GoldenAddict
Canine Addict

Mar 5, 2010, 6:39 AM

Post #3 of 7 (10702 views)
Shortcut

Hello Zul,

In case you didn't know, some pet shops are now getting their pups from "home breeders". Surprise! Surprise! Ofcourse purchasing from a breeder is always preferable however there are some not-so-good breeders out there that do not health test their dogs nor give any health guarantees, etc. So if you're planning on getting a pup from a breeder, you need to be very careful on which kind of breeder you choose from.

Anyway, I wouldn't mind recommending you a couple of good Miniature Schnauzer breeders that I am in contact with in FB. Kindly e-mail me at amber.faith(at)yahoo.com if you're interested.

Hope I helped.

"Multi BIS (local) GreatGrowkenn Agnes CGC" is ranked #5 (all-breed) in Best Malaysian Bred Dog Of The Year 2010"

(This post was edited by GoldenAddict on Mar 5, 2010, 7:38 AM)

Zul
New User

Mar 5, 2010, 4:21 PM

Post #4 of 7 (10676 views)
Shortcut
Re: [elyssa] Looking for miniature schnauzer [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Elyssa...

Thanks for your reply. I haven't get my puppy yet. The earliest I can get it is by early April. She was born about a couple of weeks ago. Will be ready to bring home by early April. Can't wait to have her home.

Do you send your puppy to any obedient training? This is my first time having puppy. Kind of nervous and worried if I can't handle it well.

Take care.... Perhaps we might bump to each other at the dog park one day.

Zul
New User

Mar 5, 2010, 4:26 PM

Post #5 of 7 (10675 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GoldenAddict] Looking for miniature schnauzer [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Amber,

I contacted MKA for recommended breeder. They give me a few number. After checking with my pet store, the breeders are well known for good quality Miniature Schnauzer.

I wanted for black & silver M.S which is quite hard to get. Most breeder have the salt & pepper but I'm quite lucky. My patience pay off. One breeder got a black & silver puppy early this month. I can bring her home by early April (Hopefully).

Thanks for your help ya.

elyssa
Novice

Mar 5, 2010, 5:39 PM

Post #6 of 7 (10669 views)
Shortcut

Oh..that is so exciting huh? Wow..you really did your research huh on the breeder. Very good la you.

As for me, mine is Salt & Pepper but his colours seem to be black and silver. I just asked the breeder to give me details of his parents cos the breeder told me both his parents are S&P

I understand how you feel because this is my first puppy too...lots to learn. For me I did some research online and read books for about a month before I got little DJ. But I must say, it is easier in paper than in reality. I have so much to learn on how to train my little one. I also have to learn how to train myself to be a good 'mum' :P..hehe

I am sending DJ for OB training at the end of this month. By then he would have his lats vaccination already :)

GoldenAddict
Canine Addict

Mar 5, 2010, 7:53 PM

Post #7 of 7 (10665 views)
Shortcut

Actually, the best way to look for the right breeder is to actually to go to the dog shows (there's one coming up on the 28th of March at SCP, rooftop level) & meet the MS breeders & their dogs face-to-face. This is neutral territory & you can chat with the breeders & get an idea about them & how they treat their dogs, etc.

If you haven't read the 'Responsible Breeders vs. Irresponsible Breeders' post & my other posts yet, please do so that you educate yourself a little more about which breeders to choose from & which breeders to stay away from.

All the best with your decision.

Hope I helped.

P/S: Amber is my dog's name. My name's Melissa.

"Multi BIS (local) GreatGrowkenn Agnes CGC" is ranked #5 (all-breed) in Best Malaysian Bred Dog Of The Year 2010"

(This post was edited by GoldenAddict on Mar 5, 2010, 7:56 PM)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my