Home: Behavioral Problems: Dominant Dog Issues:
Prong Collars

Hector10
Novice

Sep 29, 2009, 8:04 PM

Post #1 of 6 (64873 views)
Shortcut
Prong Collars Can't Post

guys, where can i get a prong collars around KL Malacca region?

i heard prong collars helps a lot especially for those dominant dogs owners.
many thanks..

Knotidoc
Enthusiast

Sep 30, 2009, 7:59 AM

Post #2 of 6 (64856 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Hector10] Prong Collars [In reply to] Can't Post

First & foremost do U have the know how on its application? Secondly. have you seen one? If the answer is no, best you forget what you are looking for, you might and will fractue the wind pipe of your pet and you will regret in having bought it. Go to SEA Park Pet Supplier in SEA Park P.J. you might find it there.

An ordinary SS choke chain is just as effective and less damaging that is if you use it correctly.

Opinion expressed may appear unorthodox & unconventional, sometimes even controversial but facts given are assured of their accuracy.

Hector10
Novice

Sep 30, 2009, 9:36 AM

Post #3 of 6 (64850 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Knotidoc] Prong Collars [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks for the info, i'll go to in coming weeks..
yea i know, luckily my uncle knows how to use it. he had his training with k9 unit us army.. thats why am lookin for a that particular collar..
many thanks!!

GoldenAddict
Canine Addict

Dec 25, 2009, 11:00 PM

Post #4 of 6 (63822 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Hector10] Prong Collars [In reply to] Can't Post

Prongs are one of the BEST training tools out there. Those who are against them & think they're cruel, obviously have not used one before. They look like torture devices but they're not. Prong collars are WAY safer than choke chains because when you jerk the dog with it, the pressure goes all around the dog's neck whereas the choke chain, the pressure goes only one side of the neck. If jerked too hard, it can snap the neck in half. Prong collars won't cause that damage. And you will get GREAT results using this tool. Trust me!

The fact is, using ANY training tools can be dangerous if used incorrectly. The head halter for example, what happens if the dog runs till the end of the leash? Can we say, broken neck??? I sometimes use the prong collar to train my soft Dalmatian(most of the time with a choke chain) & she does all her commands perfectly well.

I actually got mine at a dog carnival in MidValley few months back but it's not really good quality. You will have to order yours online. Check out Ebay, there are plenty on there but you have to make sure you get the right size for your dog. They come in small, medium, large & extra large.

"Multi BIS (local) GreatGrowkenn Agnes CGC" is ranked #5 (all-breed) in Best Malaysian Bred Dog Of The Year 2010"

(This post was edited by GoldenAddict on Dec 25, 2009, 11:18 PM)

littlelit
Novice

Dec 1, 2010, 7:15 AM

Post #5 of 6 (49799 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GoldenAddict] Prong Collars [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't need one to train my little schnauzer right? they are just for big dogs that are harder to handle? cause they really look like torture instruments to me.

GoldenAddict
Canine Addict

Dec 4, 2010, 9:47 AM

Post #6 of 6 (49729 views)
Shortcut
Re: [littlelit] Prong Collars [In reply to] Can't Post

No, prong collars are not just for big dogs. I've seen plenty of big time obedience competitors use prong collars on Jack Russells, Miniature Poodles, Shelties, etc. It depends on YOUR knowledge & the temperament of the dog.

Hope I helped.

"Multi BIS (local) GreatGrowkenn Agnes CGC" is ranked #5 (all-breed) in Best Malaysian Bred Dog Of The Year 2010"

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my