Home: Dog & Puppy Health: Skin Conditions and Diseases:
red spots..rashes??

luv_leehom517
K9 Maniac

Aug 26, 2009, 5:30 AM

Post #1 of 6 (5770 views)
Shortcut
red spots..rashes?? Can't Post

Hello all...my mum juz shaved my dog botak today..suprisingly..we saw there's many red spots on her skin..izzit due to over protein in food?is there any DIY way to cure it?

kelwts
Dog Kichi

Aug 26, 2009, 9:43 PM

Post #2 of 6 (5754 views)
Shortcut
Re: [luv_leehom517] red spots..rashes?? [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Hello all...my mum juz shaved my dog botak today..suprisingly..we saw there's many red spots on her skin..izzit due to over protein in food?is there any DIY way to cure it?

Hi . It all depends on how the red spots look like . As the dogs skin is very sensitive , the shaving could also cause some red spots to appear just like when a human shaves with a not so sharp shaver . This red spots will normally appear at the end of the hair particle. Try to leave it for two to hree days and see how it goes . A little baby lotion or baby oil will also help ... if it itches .

If itis heat rash , try to reduce the protein intake ifor the dog . 22-23% Crude protein should be fine .This of course also depends on the breed of dog.

Good Luck

luv_leehom517
K9 Maniac

Aug 26, 2009, 11:31 PM

Post #3 of 6 (5745 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kelwts] red spots..rashes?? [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for your reply..i bought the cream edi..n im feeding her chicken liver n drink coconut water today..is good for the skin rite?hope it heals faster la..btw..she doesnt feel itchy at all..

kelwts
Dog Kichi

Aug 27, 2009, 10:33 PM

Post #4 of 6 (5732 views)
Shortcut

That's good . Remember to go low on the proteins for the time being . Hope she gets well soon.

luv_leehom517
K9 Maniac

Aug 27, 2009, 11:12 PM

Post #5 of 6 (5731 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kelwts] red spots..rashes?? [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks..the cream seems useless la..i went to the car porch at late night juz to pluck some aloe vera yesterday..haha..the aloe vera is reallllyy useful!!hehe..juz bought johnson baby oil..btw..issit ok if my doggie licked the oil?

kelwts
Dog Kichi

Aug 28, 2009, 6:29 PM

Post #6 of 6 (5718 views)
Shortcut

Should be ok . These oils and creams should have been tested by labs and should be ok . My baby daughter was always trying to suck her hands and toes when she was a baby and that had cream and lotion . I guess its ok

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my