Pet Shop

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

khengteik
ALPHA

Aug 11, 2009, 11:14 PM

Post #1 of 60 (6813 views)
Shortcut
Pet Shop Can't Post

just wondering... anyone here actually interested in opening a petshop but no budget @ space @ time

A dog is a man's most loyal friend.

vylauren
Dog Kichi

Aug 12, 2009, 2:22 AM

Post #2 of 60 (6795 views)
Shortcut
Re: [khengteik] Pet Shop [In reply to] Can't Post

khengteik, are you planning to open yourown pet shop?

khengteik
ALPHA

Aug 12, 2009, 2:24 AM

Post #3 of 60 (6791 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vylauren] Pet Shop [In reply to] Can't Post

hahahaha... thinking of borrowing some floor space... hehehehehe

vylauren
Dog Kichi

Aug 12, 2009, 2:44 AM

Post #4 of 60 (6790 views)
Shortcut

What about opening Pet Cafe instead? sure many dog lovers will love to dine together with their lovely pets

chrislimyy
K9 Kaki

Aug 12, 2009, 4:55 AM

Post #5 of 60 (6781 views)
Shortcut

nowadays it's very difficult to look for responsible breeders... as they all focus on one single thing... which is profit...

chrislimyy
K9 Kaki

Aug 12, 2009, 4:58 AM

Post #6 of 60 (6776 views)
Shortcut

for pets cafe, it's very difficult to operate such a kind of business in our country... it depends on the area... we have to be sensitive towards other religions... if the shop is located at a place whereby it has 99 % non muslims population, then it shouldn't be a problem... Crazy

lcly.my

Aug 12, 2009, 6:42 AM

Post #7 of 60 (6774 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrislimyy] Pet Shop [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
for pets cafe, it's very difficult to operate such a kind of business in our country... it depends on the area... we have to be sensitive towards other religions... if the shop is located at a place whereby it has 99 % non muslims population, then it shouldn't be a problem... Crazy

ya, agree...
but, if possible, to make it open to all pet..
example 1st floor special for dogs plus other small pets.
2nd floor for cats and birds...
something like tat..

at least it balance up, not too focus on ''dogs'' only and it may cause sensitive issue due...(u know la)

khengtiek.are u really serious on tat?
Frown

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 12, 2009, 4:15 PM

Post #8 of 60 (6763 views)
Shortcut

Floor space to do what?

~Nature's Way: Raw Food for Health ~

~ Pet ID Tags: A MUST For Every Pet! ~

vylauren
Dog Kichi

Aug 12, 2009, 7:13 PM

Post #9 of 60 (6755 views)
Shortcut

May be put it as Dog Cafe instead of Pet Cafe?

Perhaps factory lot renovated? Rent is cheap, Isolated, Got land for parking area and spacious to allow dogs move freely, and mayb put dog theme park as well?

Just crazy suggestion, anyway.

khengteik
ALPHA

Aug 12, 2009, 10:52 PM

Post #10 of 60 (6746 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ALL] Pet Shop [In reply to] Can't Post

wow.. so much inputs.... hehehe....

acsyen: wanna borrow a small space to put some stuff... maybe home made cookies.... not sure yet...

chris: thats true.. however there are a few breeders that are very selective breeders... mayb about 10% of them... :)

vylauren: as chris has said, location is a problem to open such cafe's... i do not think that there is a law that states no pets allowed in food shops. most shops are not animal friendly and has animals not allowed signs due to the location and also the customers.

btw, renovated factory lots are very rare if not expensive.... those that are available for rent is usually very far out or the surrounding area is not suitable for animals....

lcly.my: its not practical to have 2 floors... maintenance would be a problem... and if the shop is an intermediate shop, alot of work needs to be done to provide proper ventilation to get rid of the animal smell (pee+poo+saliva+other fluids).

anyways, i'm just tinkering around looking for more info etc.... as for now, i do not have any plans of opening a petshop. But even if i decide to open a petshop, focus would only be on selling accessories, dog food and dog grooming services. maybe boarding for dogs and also temporary place for rescued dogs...

However, i do know that petshops survive from sales of dogs... therefore, will need to find for something to counter back the loss for not selling dogs....

There are too many things to consider if one wants to open a petshop... location, size of shop, price of rental, etc etc etc....But if there is enough like minded people, maybe can discuss about this in more detail and something might work out....

but whatever it is, i'd like to stress out again i'm not planning to open a petshop or anything..... I'm totally useless when it comes to business....

(This post was edited by khengteik on Aug 12, 2009, 10:55 PM)

chrislimyy
K9 Kaki

Aug 13, 2009, 4:01 AM

Post #11 of 60 (6730 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lcly.my] Pet Shop [In reply to] Can't Post

cats and dogs under one roof??? Crazy

chrislimyy
K9 Kaki

Aug 13, 2009, 4:02 AM

Post #12 of 60 (6730 views)
Shortcut

haha... dog theme park... thats new... but have to make sure that all the dogs that enter are spayed or neutered... if not, we won't know what they will do there... hahaha

chrislimyy
K9 Kaki

Aug 13, 2009, 4:04 AM

Post #13 of 60 (6730 views)
Shortcut

for dog biscuits and these kind of things u can always try to post online... as long as the pricing the reasonable, will work just as fine... and this is FREE rental...

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 13, 2009, 4:57 PM

Post #14 of 60 (6728 views)
Shortcut

Wanna borrow my website n sell online? I am launching my range of raw food in less than a month.

(This post was edited by acsyen on Aug 13, 2009, 4:58 PM)

chrislimyy
K9 Kaki

Aug 13, 2009, 7:47 PM

Post #15 of 60 (6718 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acsyen] Pet Shop [In reply to] Can't Post

wow... this is new... will be looking forward to it... haha

khengteik
ALPHA

Aug 13, 2009, 8:03 PM

Post #16 of 60 (6714 views)
Shortcut

ermm... i'm not sure yet about what to do..... just thinking oni...

even if i were to sell food, i prefer to have a place to put them 1st... and if got ppl wanna buy... then oni start putting in websites.....

vylauren
Dog Kichi

Aug 14, 2009, 12:05 AM

Post #17 of 60 (6699 views)
Shortcut

What if Pet shop to sell all stray puppies after vaccinated and dewormed?

Stray puppies if taken care well, will look as good as branded one. Sure price is cheap-cheap lah. may be rm100?

Can earn by more people buy ( if well respond ) and same time can help puppies relocate. but really have to find very cheap place for this business.

Another crazy thought of me

vram46
Novice

Aug 14, 2009, 6:22 PM

Post #18 of 60 (6677 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
What if Pet shop to sell all stray puppies after vaccinated and dewormed?

Stray puppies if taken care well, will look as good as branded one. Sure price is cheap-cheap lah. may be rm100?

Can earn by more people buy ( if well respond ) and same time can help puppies relocate. but really have to find very cheap place for this business.

Another crazy thought of me

Thats a good idea FrownFrown

-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-
Cats and women will do as they please. Dogs and men need to relax and get used to the idea.
- Robert A. Heinlein

khengteik
ALPHA

Aug 16, 2009, 4:07 AM

Post #19 of 60 (6637 views)
Shortcut

Its not ez to find a shop which is not only strategically good with low rental.... Usually good location means high rental..... well.. unless that there is someone out there who owns a shoplot which is vacant.... then maybe can do this type of business ler....

chrislimyy
K9 Kaki

Aug 17, 2009, 7:33 PM

Post #20 of 60 (6595 views)
Shortcut

easier said than done... you will need to have strategies in advertising, promoting, and marketing... to have a low rental shop in a "so-so" location... u will need as much advertising as possible...

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 17, 2009, 8:42 PM

Post #21 of 60 (6593 views)
Shortcut

Why don't you start by rescuing 1 or 2 pups and vaccinate, deworm and spay them then rehome them for RM100? Also I notice you have a MS. Will you be 'buying' 1 stray puppy soon? Or maybe getting a stray as your own dog after this MS? Many ppl will say mongrels are best but they end up getting a pedigree cos they will say I wan a small dog but strays/mongrels are not small/big enough or don't meet my requirements.

vylauren
Dog Kichi

Aug 18, 2009, 10:40 PM

Post #22 of 60 (6565 views)
Shortcut

Dear Yen,

I wish i cld do that. it is really my dream to bring home strays n love them as much as i love my 2 dogs.

In fact i envy your freedom to save those pity animals w/o restriction from anyone, and you able to adopt many puppies n

dogs. so i assume u stay in banglo?

Now staying in condo with 2 small dogs already ( bought at same time w/o informed myfamily, assumed they were ok )and unit half belong to my family.

and didnt know my family really against dogs.

Everytime pay me a visit, will shoo my dogs away. and asked me to put them for adoption as they will dirty the unit.

I love strays, they more obidient but not able to take them home, so far only able to feed them.

for now only able to keep a lunchbox with kibbles and feed the strays if i met them.

Do realize it takes more effort to be animal lover, perhaps after moved to my new house, and if neighbours ok then can

adopt 2 strays as guard dog. As i dont want to put my dogs in compound and those neighbours who against dogs will poison my dogs, so better to check the neighbourhood first before making my decision.

khengteik
ALPHA

Aug 18, 2009, 11:06 PM

Post #23 of 60 (6562 views)
Shortcut

i've always wanted a big dog... but ended up with a mini yorkie... :p

vylauren
Dog Kichi

Aug 18, 2009, 11:11 PM

Post #24 of 60 (6561 views)
Shortcut

Dear Chris,

As i said earlier, this idea is just a crazy thought of mine.

Of course not easy to make this comes true, it involves a lot of money. kind of charity not business purpose.

If those stray puppies not adopted, as they grow bigger, needs a land as a animal farm.

Please forgive me with my crazy idea if offended anyone.

nphew

Aug 19, 2009, 6:06 PM

Post #25 of 60 (6524 views)
Shortcut

I have been wondering about doggy odor especially large dogs, my favorite large dogs are Labrador and Goldies but all the Goldies I encountered have very bad doggy odor. Just wondering if it is normal or maybe they were badly kept. You see my medium size mongrel (15kg and 20kg) do not smell at all, I only bath them once a week. Knowing that you had handle a Gigantic lab before thought of asking you this.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my