Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog and Puppy Training: House Breaking:
Anybody have experience training beagle?

swteng73
New User

Jul 17, 2009, 1:56 AM

Post #1 of 1 (7075 views)
Shortcut
Anybody have experience training beagle? Can't Post

Hi all you dog lovers,

I'm a new beagle owner and just from reading website I understand beagles are hound dogs that love to track smells and its said that they are harder to train.

Is this true? Do you any of you agree? Do any of you successfully train for good obedience and mind sharing how?

Currently my pup is 9 weeks old. He seems to be doing well on crate training. I keep him in the crate during the night. I keep him in the crate the whole night cos I think it will train him to be more comfortable in the crate the whole night especially when and if I need to send him to boarding at a later stage as he matures. He seems to be handling quite well and doesn't howl or bark. I will bring out for food once in the morning and do a walkabout and some basic "come" as well as "sit" training. But so far he seems to poo poo more in the crate. Partly because I'm at work and no one is at home.

When I take him out for his pee pee and poo poo, he does like to sniff about. I read on some obedience site that good beagle training can result in them being obedient in terms of listening when to follow, when to stay and when to track freely. But how ah? How do I start? Is there any trainer out there who conducts training for beagles? I'd like him to be able to stay, heel, and track smells (when commanded). Anybody here has successfully trained for this way?

Actually I'm kinda qurious, how many beagle owners are out there? :) Would love to network wit you guys and learn.

Thanks for reading and hope to hear from you all.

I love my Beagle!

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my