Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Mixed Breed: Mixed Breed and Mongrels:
Is Japanese Spitz a pedigree or mongrel?

kevinchan
Novice

Jun 16, 2009, 11:03 PM

Post #1 of 11 (27128 views)
Shortcut
Is Japanese Spitz a pedigree or mongrel? Can't Post

I have adopted a male japanese spitz from my friend since October last year.I named him as Boy BOy. However, I can hardly find books on japanese Spitz.. Is it because Japanese Spitz is mongrel? Attached is the pics of Boy Boy :)
1. boy boy in long coat
2. boy boy in X-mas hat after shaved
Attachments: Boy Boy.JPG (15.8 KB)
  Boy Boy in x-mas hat.JPG (22.3 KB)

icelads

Jun 16, 2009, 11:59 PM

Post #2 of 11 (27124 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kevinchan] Is Japanese Spitz a pedigree or mongrel? [In reply to] Can't Post

boy boy is so cute!!!

googled "Japanese Spitz" at internet and found some info about it. one good thing about your question is to prompt us to find out more about this breed. but whether it is pedigree or not, it doesn't matter right?

kevinchan
Novice

Jun 17, 2009, 12:13 AM

Post #3 of 11 (27123 views)
Shortcut
Re: [icelads] Is Japanese Spitz a pedigree or mongrel? [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks..YUp, it really doesn't matter to me.I just ask out of curiosity as i can't find japanese spitz in any catergory in the forum. If not mistaken, Samoyed should be the close relative of spitz as they look alike. Boy Boy is a very obedient dog (although sometimes he is bit naughty). Currently, he had protected my property from being stolen by a thief that broke into my house. :)

icelads

Jun 17, 2009, 1:14 AM

Post #4 of 11 (27118 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kevinchan] Is Japanese Spitz a pedigree or mongrel? [In reply to] Can't Post

Wow!! Wikipedia says its a companion dog, never thought it can be a guard dog as well!!!!

i guess its not in any of the catagory, and seldom see in any dog books is becoz American Kennel club doesn't have this breed in the list!! only UK, Australia, NewZealand ofcourse not forget Japan kennel club has it (Canadian Kennel Club also have!!)

not to say you, but myself i also can't help it when at bookstore will try to find my puppy breed if it is stated there. :)

kevinchan
Novice

Jun 17, 2009, 1:37 AM

Post #5 of 11 (27117 views)
Shortcut

well, actually Boy Boy is very coward one. Haha.He only barks on other dogs, cats or monkeys.when the thunder roars, he will hide himself under the chair or table and never comes out. That day the theif has put all of us to slep, and luckily he slept in my room. Maybe becos the theif heard boy boy's movement, so the run. All my housemates' room were broke in except mine is still well lock..Gonna Thanks to Boy Boy

kiess82
Novice

Jun 17, 2009, 10:27 PM

Post #6 of 11 (27089 views)
Shortcut

indeed your boy boy is a good guard dog...how the thief get you people goes to sleep?
Joey

kevinchan
Novice

Jun 18, 2009, 7:47 PM

Post #7 of 11 (27063 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kiess82] Is Japanese Spitz a pedigree or mongrel? [In reply to] Can't Post

Don't know..probably something like a Spell or black magic..Really

icelads

Jun 18, 2009, 8:32 PM

Post #8 of 11 (27062 views)
Shortcut

scary...., may i know your location??

kiess82
Novice

Jun 18, 2009, 11:15 PM

Post #9 of 11 (27059 views)
Shortcut

the thief is so good that he uses the black magic but could it be your house mates?
Joey

kevinchan
Novice

Jun 19, 2009, 8:01 PM

Post #10 of 11 (27042 views)
Shortcut

in kajang..no la..i am the only one that didnt lost anything and me and my house mates are quite ok

Veanne
K9 Maniac

Mar 19, 2010, 8:42 PM

Post #11 of 11 (26073 views)
Shortcut

^^ my shiro is a mix spitz... but some say.. based on some of his pic, he look a bit like westies..

~L0v3 SHIRO 4 EveR~

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my