Home: Behavioral Problems: Peeing and Poo Problem:
Toy poodle problem

cocogeckos
Novice

Jun 15, 2009, 4:03 AM

Post #1 of 10 (9025 views)
Shortcut
Toy poodle problem Can't Post

I need to train my sister toy poodle.When it is sniffing, i try to put it on a tray with newspaper in the toilet.It will not stay on the tray.I keep putting it on the tray but it duwan to pee.I take it out of toilet and it pee...this happen 2 time already...what to do?Unsure

cocogeckos
Novice

Jun 15, 2009, 4:06 AM

Post #2 of 10 (9022 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cocogeckos] Toy poodle problem [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh and in toilet, it just walk around and lay on floor...Frown

mizeakira

Jun 15, 2009, 5:27 PM

Post #3 of 10 (9015 views)
Shortcut

Hi,
I understand how you feel as my toy poodle had this problem at the first place.

Now, she is well trained. She pees on the papers and listen to commands. Do not give up. Your puppy will get it one day.

My tips is to bring her to the toilet first thing in the morning after she wakes up and after meals. Dogs will usually pee at this time just like humans.

If she does not want to do it. Sit there and wait for her a while. If she still does not do it, maybe you can leave her alone and close the door. Check on her after 5 minutes to see if anything happen.

When she do it, praise her like mad.. Give her treats.
Continue doing this until she gets it. This is the way I taught my puppy and it worked for me.
So good luck in trying.
FrownmizeakiraFrown

cocogeckos
Novice

Jun 16, 2009, 12:21 AM

Post #4 of 10 (9001 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mizeakira] Toy poodle problem [In reply to] Can't Post

I mean, I cant keep the puppy in the tray...It will just walk out of it.Unsure

mizeakira

Jun 16, 2009, 9:18 PM

Post #5 of 10 (8989 views)
Shortcut

Can you make the toilet area bigger?
When my dogs were younger, they get a much bigger toilet space so that they will get use to the concept of peeing on the newspaper.
As they gets the idea, I will decrease their toilet size as appropriate.
So maybe this will help?
FrownmizeakiraFrown

cocogeckos
Novice

Jun 17, 2009, 1:56 AM

Post #6 of 10 (8983 views)
Shortcut

thanks!

luv_leehom517
K9 Maniac

Jun 17, 2009, 6:11 PM

Post #7 of 10 (8972 views)
Shortcut

this is a very common problem..my poodle oso like this last time..u just dun force her to the tray..wait till she peeing half way..i mean like when she sniff n SQUADED down tat time n almost peed out oni u put her in tray..or u can tied up ur poodle in ur room at night..then she will sure pee in ur room one..scold her n say no firmly..but no wwhacking..the first few times ur dog will still pee in the room..after a few scolding..n u tie her up in ur room..when she wanna pee..she will whine n u need to bring her to toilet..once she pee in the toilet..u shd praise her n give treats..repeat a few times until she know how to pee in toilet..then release her in ur room..once she wanna pee..she will automatically go toilet..

Forever
Novice

Dec 10, 2010, 3:34 PM

Post #8 of 10 (7717 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

I would like to know instead of going to toilet, anyway to train the 2 months plus poodle settle the business on the newspaper? my poodle never do it on the newspaper as i prepare and alway do it around my dining area.

mizeakira

Dec 17, 2010, 6:48 PM

Post #9 of 10 (7694 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Forever] Toy poodle problem [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

You can train your poodle to do its business on the newspaper. Whenever it start sniffing around and is going to pee. Carry it and bring it to the place where you place the newspaper.

After it finish doing its business, then praise it and give it some treats. With this repetitive training, It should be able to get the message.

During this, there will be mistakes. Ignore it and reinforce with the training.

Hope this is clear and can help you.
FrownmizeakiraFrown

Forever
Novice

Dec 20, 2010, 4:48 AM

Post #10 of 10 (7652 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

My poodle a little big different, once i see her wanna to do business i quickly bring her to the prepared place but immediate she will stop to do the business.

I also try put the paper when i see her wanna do business, same thing she will stop do the business.......

But i have trained her for 2 weeks plus, at least she start to do business on the right place but as still some accident happen la ....

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my