K9 Maniac

May 23, 2009, 9:35 PM

Post #77 of 219 (58572 views)
Shortcut
Re: [melmel] DBKL DOG POUND CRUELTY [In reply to] Can't Post

SPCA chairman Chin adopts two rejected ¡¥island¡¦ canines NADIRAH H. RODZI

Malay Mail Friday, May 22nd, 2009

EAT UP: Chin feeding her adopted dog from Pulau Ketam

WHEN Christina Chin set eyes on two dogs rescued from an island off Pulau Ketam, she knew she had to own them.

"They are just adorable," said Chin, who named the two female dogs Piccola and Piccolo.

Piccola is a two-year-old bitch and Piccolo, believed to be Piccola's baby, is only a few months old.

Asked why she decided to adopt the dogs, Chin, who is the chairman of the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals said: "Piccola and Piccolo touched me in a way I can't describe. When I laid my eyes on them I was possessed. Maybe it was their eyes and the way they looked at me."

She said usually, when there was a problem regarding animals, the SPCA would help to find places for them to stay.

"Once in a while I would adopt a dog, but never two at the same time," she said.
She added that Piccolo was in a slightly better condition than her mother who had a bad skin condition
when first rescued.

"Picollo was traumatised and depressed while Piccola was nervous and fierce.

"It was understandable because on the island they were fighting for survival. They looked very sad.

"Both dogs were scared of my presence and subdued. But now, they're becoming a little more active.

Although they are still traumatised, they have opened up a bit," she said.

What happened to the dogs of Pulau Ketam recently touched a lot of people, even those who do not have pets.
Chin said the people felt the pain and agony of the 300 dogs abandoned on an uninhabited island off Pulau Ketam without food and water and left to fend for themselves.

Since then, efforts have been made to find and bring the dogs back. Some have already been brought back and are being cared for by SPCA and other animal welfare organisations.

"It's sad to see these lovable animals suffer. You can actually hear them cry from far away," said Chin.

While many are furious with the action taken by the villagers of the island for abandoning man's best friend on the deserted island, many are now lending a hand.

Two dogs were rescued on May 11 and another 10 dogs were rescued a few days later.

They are currently being treated mostly by the SPCA for dehydration, food deprivation and depression.

(This post was edited by melmel on May 23, 2009, 9:44 PM)

nphew

May 24, 2009, 3:49 AM

Post #78 of 219 (58564 views)
Shortcut
Re: [luv_leehom517] DBKL DOG POUND CRUELTY [In reply to] Can't Post

Don't know of any yet. That's why I said IF.

khengteik
ALPHA

May 27, 2009, 1:18 AM

Post #79 of 219 (58510 views)
Shortcut
Re: [eric07] DBKL DOG POUND CRUELTY [In reply to] Can't Post

U can talk all u like and shoot all you like....

Myself has been a target of SPCA VOLUNTEERS in the petfinder forum when i brought up the issue of EDUCATION FOR ADULTS

Now, SPCA will have to go and EDUCATE the ADULTS at Pulau Ketam.... however, since SPCA people was soooo against it when i brought this issue up, why bother to go and educate the adults at pulau ketam?

Same case with TNR... another forummer in petfinder brought this issue up there.... but also kena shooting from SPCA VOLUNTEERS.

From what i read in the newspaper, FFF was the people who initiated the rescue work... but now SPCA is given the reigns.... Seems to me that SPCA only reacts when got crisis....

A dog is a man's most loyal friend.

(This post was edited by khengteik on May 27, 2009, 1:34 AM)

eric07
Novice

May 27, 2009, 5:50 PM

Post #80 of 219 (58490 views)
Shortcut
Re: [khengteik] DBKL DOG POUND CRUELTY [In reply to] Can't Post

Lucia Foo, a co-founder of FFF ? homeapet.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=7022&start=80

nphew

May 28, 2009, 5:22 AM

Post #81 of 219 (58453 views)
Shortcut

Who is Lucia Foo?

eric07
Novice

May 28, 2009, 7:57 PM

Post #82 of 219 (58411 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nphew] DBKL DOG POUND CRUELTY [In reply to] Can't Post

One organisation broke in SPCA vounteer's house last night at midnight to look for Kuning but failed to locate Kuning.

Police report lodged against this organisation on their criminal act.

The volunteer is pregnant and now has complications, bleeding and hospitalised. A baby life is at stake, This case is classified as attempt to murder by the authority

(This post was edited by eric07 on May 28, 2009, 8:02 PM)

nphew

May 29, 2009, 5:22 AM

Post #83 of 219 (58365 views)
Shortcut

It's like talking to a wall........on your latest posting, let me guess, must be FFF again.

stumbled on this blog, do check it out

www.mycen.com.my/rescue/updates.html

Let me also guess that you are one of the "mighty evil mites"

I am going to shut up now.

melmel
K9 Maniac

May 29, 2009, 5:46 PM

Post #84 of 219 (58357 views)
Shortcut

Quoted from Jacinta Johnson, SPCA :

Am sitting here typing with fat Balooba on the dining table, wrestling with the power plug. It’s been awhile since I’ve blogged as you can see, and this is just my small voice speaking in a crowd of blogs, forums and twitters.

Last night, a group of people stood outside our volunteer Jorgs house. They said they were looking for Kuning, and knew Jorg had him. It was almost 12 midnight. Jorg and his pregnant wife were shocked, and had no reason to even let these people in but they did - trusting people as they were. In came a Selangor State Assemblyman, Furry Friends Farm volunteer Daniel and a few other people who looked to be from MBPJ. Bear in mind, the couple stay in an area under the jurisdiction of DBKL, so go figure.

They sat and told Jorg that Kuning has to be returned to the kelong, as he was vital for their rescue work. The rescue work had stopped because since Kuning dissappeared, there were no more dogs to be seen on the island. Jorg told them clearly that he did not take Kuning, which they were still unsatisfied with. The whole ‘entourage’ was treated to a tour of his small home - inside and out - which 8 dogs, 3 puppies and several cats call home. They are all rescued animals. I can just imagine their faces, causing so much trouble at midnight for a couple who only knew how to help homeless animals.

Jorg had more information to share on this dog which we all love and miss.From what we know of Jorg, he doesn’t mince his words and gets straight to the point.

According to him (and we found out this had been witnessed by other volunteers in the last 3 weeks), the kelong workers were not particularly fond of Kuning. One in particular was seen several times kicking Kuning roughly off the fish-farm into the water. In the hot sun or in the pouring rain, Kuning and Hitam are never allowed into the wooden cabin where the workers take shelter. While Hitam runs quickly to hide under his usual spot under another ‘hut’, Kuning is left outside on the landing without any shelter, to brave the weather and stormy seas on his own. One of the kelong workers had also complained that Kuning was not a good guard dog, and they didn’t like him as much as they liked Hitam. He also said he is willing to sell Kuning for RM1000, ironically the same amount being paid by a certain volunteer from FFF for his return. Also, while it has been widely reported that Kuning is one of the 300 abandoned dogs, who was rescued by the kelong - let it be known that he isn’t. We have know for quite awhile that Kuning is actually a Pulau Ketam dog, who happened to get into the kelong workers boat two months ago. All this contrary to what you may have read online somewhere, this information comes from the workers themselves.

Jorg and Murugan who have been out for rescue work on 14 days and counting, find it very puzzling that on blogs, forums, twitter and Facebook certain parties claim that Kuning was the ONLY hope of rescuing the other dogs abandoned on the island - and that without him, the rescue work is futile. People who have never even been out to the island or seen Kuning now proclaim loudly that until he is found, all hope is lost for the other dogs. Strikes us as a strange emotional twist thrown into the actual simple case of a missing dog. It’s a longshot - but could it possibly be that these rescuers actually can’t catch any more dogs because we’ve moved our dog-traps to the other island? Point to ponder.

The fact of the matter; now that 30 dogs have been rescued from the main area the rescue efforts have been concentrated in, there are no more dogs in that area. SPCA last week with the help and permission of a forest ranger went into inlets and tributaries in the neighbouring island, where there were clearly signs of more dogs. Our traps have been moved there, and are being monitored by other workers in the area. On Sunday, 5 dogs were seen barking at a monitor lizard in the mud - and we hope we will be able to rescue and remove them soon.

Accusations have been flying against a certain ‘ORG’ or ‘Society’ (that must be us), ever since we even started our rescue work weeks ago. Honestly, we don’t have the time to log in to forums and blogs all the time, but volunteers and supporters make it a point to call, email or text whenever they come across some accusation or other coming our way (we thank you for this, please keep these coming). Many of these supporters even make it a point to quickly save these defaming posts for future reference. I think its very sad that people claiming to be volunteers of certain organisations seem to write as they please, without even stopping to think how it will in the end reflect badly not on themselves, but on the organisations they claim to support.

(This post was edited by melmel on May 29, 2009, 6:26 PM)

melmel
K9 Maniac

May 29, 2009, 10:55 PM

Post #85 of 219 (58330 views)
Shortcut

Press Statement From SPCA
Release on May 29th 2009

SPCA’s message to all animal rescuers, animal lovers and the public
The Prevention of Cruelty to Animals and the rescue of abandoned animals, who have no voice but suffer miserable lives as strays, is indeed a noble cause and develops kindness and compassion in people and in turn this creates a better society that is caring, humane and protective of the vulnerable. In all good causes there will be transgressions by extremist groups who take things into their own hands, violating the privacy of people and not adhering to proper procedures in their efforts.

SPCA urges all animal rescuers to respect the privacy of all in their cause and to put an end to bickering that often stem from unwarranted sources. Sensationalising and distorting an issue, discourteous slandering of characters and general misinformation without finding out the truth are appearing in unchecked blogs and toxic forums.

Visit At Midnight To SPCA Volunteers House
SPCA is extremely distressed that Furry Friends Farm (FFF) supporter and volunteer, Daniel together with YB Edward Lee of MBPJ and his son Simon and Mark (from MBPJ) went to an SPCA volunteer Jorg Bandlow’s house at almost midnight on Wednesday, 27th of May 2009.

The group harassed Jorg, and his wife SPCA employee, Education Officer, Shahrul Baharin. The couple are dedicated animal rescuers and have rescued 13 dogs and several cats that share their humble home. Living this life to help dogs and working for SPCA to educate the new generation to be kind to animals has brought them so much distress that Shahrul, who is 3 months pregnant, is suffering from the trauma of this intimidation. Shahrul has lodged a police report that they harassed her and her husband, alleging that Jorg had stolen a dog called Kuning from Pulau Selat Kering, where the SPCA rescue and relief team were rescuing abandoned dogs. Jorg had told them that he did not take the dog, and the visitors were allowed to take a tour of the house to search for him – he was not there as stated.

SPCA Chairperson receives call at midnight
SPCA Chairperson, Christine Chin, received a call around midnight on 27th May 2009 urging me to call Jorg to “let us in to look for Kuning”. Despite my pleas that it’s almost midnight and why this witch-hunt is on, the caller says ‘ask him to open and let us in if he does not have the dog”. I said it was so late and it’s the house-owners prerogative but he would not listen. I was afraid that anything untoward may have happened and I called Jorg immediately who said the 4 men just left and they have their names and were going to make a police report straightaway.

Clarifying rumours that have appeared in blogs and frums
1. Rumors About FFF Eviction
Many rumors are circulating that SPCA is trying to influence the owner of the Furry Friends Farm land to evict them. However, to the contrary – The owner has been contacting SPCA since late last year to help her, as she had been trying unsuccessfully to get FFF to move away. The owner of the property said she was only worried about the welfare of the 80 plus dogs there, and asked SPCA if they could take the dogs in. However, SPCA declined as our shelter is really full, and we are constantly overwhelmed with the amount of animals being surrendered here. We leave it to the owner to decide how she wants to proceed.

2. Trespassers to FFF
There are also allegations that SPCA is involved in trespassing into the FFF compound in the last few weeks, but this is completely untrue. We have no idea who has been going in, they allege that someone has gone in and released all the dogs from their cages.

Note To Editors:
· The Society For Prevention of Cruelty To Animals (SPCA) Selangor is an NGO which serves Selangor and The Federal Territory.

· SPCA Selangor was established in 1958, with the aim of protecting defenseless animals and alleviating their suffering.

· The SPCA does not receive any government funding, relying entirely on donations from the public to support its services & activities.

· The SPCA Animal Shelter & Adoption Centre at Ampang Jaya temporarily homes 300-350 unwanted animals at any one time while seeking new homes for them. The animals are made up of surrendered pets, rescued cruelty case animals and stray or abandoned animals brought in by Good Samaritans.

· The SPCA would like to work closely with the people of Malaysia to elevate the welfare standards for our Malaysian animals – ensuring they responsibly neuter their pets, provide adequate food, space, exercise, care and medical attention, as well as encouraging them to be responsible neighbours.

(This post was edited by melmel on May 29, 2009, 11:29 PM)

khengteik
ALPHA

May 30, 2009, 2:35 AM

Post #86 of 219 (58312 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
It's like talking to a wall........on your latest posting, let me guess, must be FFF again.

stumbled on this blog, do check it out

www.mycen.com.my/rescue/updates.html

Let me also guess that you are one of the "mighty evil mites"

I am going to shut up now.

HEHEHEHEH... since when does talking to SPCA volunteers get any responses?? they are all in a world of their own and only will answer to the questions that are pro SPCA....

They condemn every single new idea that is brought up for discussion and will not give straight answers... however, when other people choose to ignore their questions.... they say we ignore their questions etc etc etc...

That is why i've choosen to keep my mouth shut when it comes to SPCA... aint worth my time typing and typing to discuss about certain issues.....

A dog is a man's most loyal friend.

melmel
K9 Maniac

May 31, 2009, 9:22 PM

Post #87 of 219 (58269 views)
Shortcut

Trespass & Threaten of Pregnant Shahrul Hse by FFF & Edward Lee at Midnite is reported in :

Guang Ming Press

www.guangming.com.my/node/48868?tid=3

Chinapress
www.chinapress.com.my/content...t=0530mb51.txt

Guang Ming Press
www.guangming.com.my/node/48938?tid=3

(This post was edited by melmel on May 31, 2009, 9:22 PM)

melmel
K9 Maniac

Jun 1, 2009, 8:20 PM

Post #88 of 219 (58245 views)
Shortcut

Notice Board from SPCA

Rescue & Relief : Day 9 - Day 12 Sat, 30th May 2009, 07:00pm

Day 9: Orang Asli Survey Island
Tuesday, 19th May 2009SPCA Rescue team together with a group of Orang Asli went to survey Pulau Selat Kering (PSK) to see if any new initiatives can be undertaken. Among the ideas discussed were plans to build a small hut on the fringe of the mangroves, so rescuers can stay overnight and monitor the movement and number of dogs. There was also a suggestion to use traps made of rope to catch the dogs, but we decided it was too risky and may end of hurting the dogs instead if they are not immediately removed from the traps.

Unloading food and supplies for the dogs

Two dogs were spotted in the distance running among the trees. The two floating platforms which Marjorie and Karin helped build were moved into the inlets and tied down, to see if there were any dogs in the area.

We were very happy to see paw prints on our platform built in the mangroves, the dogs had climbed the ladder up to eat, drink and rest

The Inspectorate team made contact with the Forest rangers and made an appointment to meet them at their office tomorrow. They had acquired a clearer and more detailed map of the island, and wanted to enlist the help of the rangers to explore the possible areas the abandoned dogs could have moved to.

According to the rangers, no one was allowed to enter the mangroves or build/ attach any structures to it without getting written permission from the Foresty Dept. We apologized to them for not informing them of our activities earlier as we were not aware, and immediately sought their permission to carry on with our rescue work, which they granted.

Day 10 : Rangers To The Rescue!
Thursday, 21st May 2009

Inspectors Cunera and Murugan met with En Mohd Yusof from the Jabatan Perhutanan (Forestry Dept) his morning to find out more information about the mangroves, as well as the inlets and tributaries at PSK. There are noticeably less dogs visible at the location they were abandoned, and to date rescue groups have only managed to rescue 30 dogs. There is a possibility the dogs swam over to the other islands during low tide. Together with a representative from Jabatan Laut (Marine Dept), they studied a map provided by En Mohd Yusof to find out which areas are accessible during low-tide and high-tide.

Mapping on both GPS systems

En Mohd Yusof arranged for a boat to take around Pulau Selat Kering and neighbouring Pulau Che Mat Zin, as well as the elusive Pulau Babi @ Pulau Rusa, where Sungai Lima villagers had allegedly abandoned two dogs. During high-tide we passed Pulau Babi, which was completely submerged in water – the water rose to reach half the trees height. Our hearts sunk. There is no land or even roots/ branches that the 2 dogs could cling to, they had either drowned or swam to a neighbouring island.

Pulau Babi @ Pulau Rusa is submerged deep in the water during high-tide, without even roots for the dogs to cling to

Fallen and twisted trees, a result of a storm the previous day

Together, we explored several inlets and traveled around PSK but could not see any dogs. Upon approaching our feeding platforms in the inlets, we noticed that while one platform appeared to have been untouched by dogs, the other platform had dog (and monkey) paw prints all over it! The food on the platform also had obviously been eaten, and there was a pile of dog faeces next to the platform. Finally, signs of life!

The first platform appeared untouched

The second platform had foot prints, and the food had obviously been eaten

How many dogs remain on this island?

Placing food and water on the other platform built into the mangroves

Kuning Is Missing
We heard yesterday that Kuning and Hitam went missing from the kelong from other animal rescuers. Both dogs (Kuning especially) have been very supportive and helpful during our rescue mission on the island, we hope that they are safe will return soon.

Lovely Kuning and Happy Hitam playing Day 11: Traps Moved To New Location

Friday, 22nd May 2009Today Jorg and a volunteer went to survey the island again based on the new information obtained. As there were no more dogs visible at the location they were abandoned at, they moved the traps to the inlets where we saw signs of more dogs yesterday. No dogs had been caught in the traps for the last few days.

The traps will be placed securely on our floating platforms, and will be monitored by other Indonesian workers in the area, and they will notify SPCA if any dogs are trapped in our absence.

Karuna and Cuddly will be back from the vets tomorrow!

Day 12 : Jabatan Laut Chips In
Sunday, 24th May 2009

Thanks to the good folks at Jabatan Laut, we have a boat to use today! Representatives from the Malaysian Nature Society (MNS) came with us, to survey the mangroves and offer ideas for our rescue mission. The team split into two later, with several staff and volunteers going to Pulau Ketam and the rest remaining on Pulau Selat Kering.

Pulau Ketam dog looking warily at us

Due to the low-tide, the big boat could not enter into the inlet to the floating platforms. No dogs had been caught in the traps yet, but the team saw a group of 5 dogs barking at a monitor lizard on the shoreline! The dogs ran away as we approached, but as soon as we backed away a safe distance, they came out to the shore again and harassed the monitor lizard. With the help of the Indonesian workers nearby, we hope to rescue and bring back these dogs soon!

(This post was edited by melmel on Jun 1, 2009, 8:24 PM)

melmel
K9 Maniac

Jun 9, 2009, 10:09 PM

Post #89 of 219 (58133 views)
Shortcut

SPCA Noticeboard - KETAM

fund raising by Digi 4 Ketam
: www.spca.org.my/v51/

The Story Of Mr Miracle Fri, 5th Jun 2009, 06:50pm Early last week, Inspector Murugan, volunteer Jorg and the crew from TV2 went on a trip to survey the population of dogs in Pulau Ketam. They hired bicycles and rode through the island from 5pm ¡V 8pm, accompanied by one of the village heads. During this period, they counted 15-20 dogs.

As they were approaching a little landing, they saw a dog in the water under a walkway. The villager said that this dog was really a nuisance and very aggressive. The tide was rising, and the dog sat helplessly in the water swaying with the current. Murugan quickly grabbed a leash and leaned over the walkway towards the water. He skillfully looped the poor dog, and used a second loop around its body to pull it out of the water.

The dog was exhausted, and suffered from wounds on its body and neck area. We suspect it has been fighting with other dogs. He was easy to handle, and seemed surprisingly friendly ¡V contrary to what the villager had said.

We transferred him into a cage, and gave him some food and water. He seemed very grateful and relieved.

The team went on their second ¡¥tour¡¦ from 11pm- 1.30am. They counted another 50 dogs. Mr Hing Beng Soon from the Ketam village guided the way. They also found out that pet dogs seemed to be kept chained outside the house or roaming freely within the house ¡V they were mostly not allowed to roam around outside on their own.

The next day, we loaded up into the boat to come back to KL, with our new friend Mr Miracle. He was sent to the vet as soon as they got onto the mainland, and was discharged yesterday after more than a week of treatment. He is back with us now, and he is so lovely! His body has been shaved, and his wounds are healing well. He pleasantly sniffed our office dogs, and looked around with his peaceful gaze ¡V he seemed so content, so grateful.

We¡¦re busy making arrangements for our Pulau Ketam campaign on the 27th & 28th June. Lots of logistics to be taken care of, as well as coordination of our resources. This is not our first Kempen Kembiri, but this is the FIRST time we¡¦re carrying out a campaign on this scale and under these very pressing circumstances. We will need support from all our donors, volunteers and staff, and we are working with both the Department of Veterinary Services (DVS) and Majlis Perbandaran Klang (MPK) as partners in this endeavour. We are happy to work with any volunteers and animal rescuers who offer their help for this campaign.

We need some Hokkien-speaking volunteers to form street teams and walk through the village, approaching the villagers about importance of neutering pets and strays, as well as responsible pet ownership. We have sponsors lined up to provide "freebies" to villagers like dog food, treats, etc. to encourage their participation!

To sign up as a volunteer, please drop Jacinta a line at jacinta.spca . Transport from the Klang Jetty will be provided, as well as food and beverages. More details next week, as the campaign firms up!

Our rescue team will also be back at Pulau Selat Kering this week. Please pray for their safety, and for the dogs who are still in the mangroves.Our 12 rescued dogs are recovering well with us, as well as the wounded dog we rescued from the waters under the walkways in Pulau Ketam.

(This post was edited by melmel on Jun 9, 2009, 10:13 PM)

melmel
K9 Maniac

Jun 9, 2009, 10:40 PM

Post #90 of 219 (58128 views)
Shortcut

Trespass & threaten Pregnant Shahrul at Midnite , d truth :

Quoting pregnant Shahrul (after she was discharged fr hospital) :

Hello my dear friends (including those who "don't fancy me"),

I'm gonna write in a "rojak" language here. Mind not so straight . Sudahlah kawan-kawan, jangan gaduh lagi ya. Shahrul just want to tell the truth here, about what had happened, but please.... jangan jadikan issue lagi ya.

We are all animal lovers kan. That's what we are. Why must hate one another for no reason? Why must this happened? What good does it do to us? Nothing my dear friends. Yes I am really sad and hurt due to this event.

Yes, those four men came to our house around 11.30 pm. We were already sleeping and heard loud knocking on our door. Thought i was imagining it. But it got louder and stronger. The four men were as mentioned, YB Edward, son Simon (a lovely guy), Daniel and Mak from MBPJ. Surprisingly, Pamela does not show her face, instead she was busy harassing some neighbors. That's what the neighbors told me when i got back from the hospital. Not being there and only referring to her recording, how did she know the actual condition of the house and the animals in my humble shelter? For us, if we fail to clean the house after 3 days, we consider it as filthy. If anyone has visited our place, especially the vets, they themselves said our place is real clean. We never leave our babies in their own filth. We clean the shelter twice daily without fail. They get to play 3 hours in the morning and 2 hours in the evening.

I wonder why didn't she have the balls to show her face that night? Why be the culprit who lead all these men to the house and made a fool out of them.

Don't ask me how they found out where we live. Well, must be some devil who leads the evil to disturb the peacefulness. These kind of people will never be happy nor satisfied if someone is not hurt or destroyed. I wonder... is there an award for their doings? These kind of person always feed on bad energy which are hate, envy and anger... Don't they have any believes? Don't they believe in karma? Don't they even believe in GOD?

Well, YB Edward and Mak asked if they could take a look at our shelter, which is in the back of the house and Daniel insisted to come in to the house or else he cannot sleep that night.

YB Edward and Mak were lead to the back of the house and saw no KUNING, only to see "black and white, brindle, black and brown, white and light brown and some cats in cat bungalows". Daniel went in to the house and was disappointed to "not see what he wanted to see". No KUNING to be found. He searched all the rooms including under our small dining table which can't even fit a small size dog .

Dear friends, with a kind of culprit behind these men.... do you think they will stop from coming if we do not allow them to go on with the spot check? Do you think they'll leave us alone? I doubt so. The devil will not be happy until ITS BEING FED WITH SUFFERINGS...

I do not want to put the entire blame on these men... i believe they were provoked and made to believe the lies which had been fed into their heads. I know, how? YB Edward, a reputable man like you, with your position, and having to raise a beautiful (character) wise son... i can tell from this YB, you are not a bad person. Why came all the way when PJ area needed you that night, the same night JAYA SUPERMARKET COLLAPSED? But please do not let yourself to be fooled by an idiot who is also destroying the reputation of another "animal organization" whom she is volunteering for or EVEN YOUR REPUTATION.

Later that night, it was almost 1am, received a phone call from a man call Ritchie Omar offering me RM1000 if KUNING is returned to him and he is willing to take KUNING since he has a big area and a beautiful place. WHAT? Those men came to take KUNING and to be returned to the kelong and now, this guy who claimed to be a good friend of those men wanting to "ADOPT" KUNING?!!! WHAT A TWIST!!!!

MBPJ, it is totally out of your jurisdiction to come all the way to Kuala Lumpur in the middle of the night to check on our animals and made unwise comment. We are proud to be the only residence who happen to be Muslim, to have care and to take in all the strays in Tengkat Tong Shin and Alor. Do you know that there is no stray dogs in that area anymore? I personally have been doing this for the last 8 years. Way back before i was married, I am brave enough to be in that "black area" and befriended every TOM DICK and HARRY. Its a survival cause. If you feel that the dogs shouldn't be in the small cage, why not get us a bigger place in an area where most people would understand what we are doing... Do you even understand about dogs? What will happened if you have the numbers like we do with "packs among packs" and limited space? Do you actually let them roam freely and fight each other and create more noises so we could invite more complains? What are the rest of the people doing there other then complaining instead of helping? Send them to SPCA? They have enough and most of our dogs are what people call "Old dogs" and chances to be re homed are slim.

Dear friends, YB, Mak and Daniel acted like somewhat we say... like some sort of "abang besar" (Taiko). Pointing fingers and unpleasant voice tone to my husband. This is uncalled for. They all kata , "RETURN KUNING, RETURN KUNING TO US (as though KUNING is theirs) or else they make police report... bla...bla...bla... I wonder if the Kelong people really make the police report... anyways, I can find out, not difficult. Zamri, the Kelong owner doesn't even care or want the dogs to be on the kelong (fish farm). All he has is a few INDONESIAN workers who happen to jaga KUNING. But there is no shelter for him up there. I wonder what happen if it rains or if there is a storm?

Lies has been spread about us stealing KUNING FROM THE KELONG AND WORST STILL IT WAS SAID KUNING WAS IN A CAGE. God, please show these lairs the right path of life.

There were too many things happening after that night. We've been personally attacked with all sort of accusations in THE DEVIL'S BLOG. She is so freaking free, infact she works for free for the devil (i mean the real Satan ya, nothing to do with another human or organization). I call this person THE DEVIL'S LITTLE HELPER.

OK... i also received a lot of phone calls from the medias. Would like to take this opportunity to thank them for the truth published in the papers.

Oh ya, received a phone call from one of the reporter of The MM, asking for a copy of my medical report. Told me to fax to her. I said maybe in the evening. After thinking and thinking.... why does she need my medical report for? Is she too, working for the devil? Sorry, have to be really careful.

My MEDICAL REPORT is only meant for the police and the lawyers.

By the way, MY BABY IS STILL IN MY WOMB. HE OR SHE IS GOING TO BE FINE (InsyAllah) even AFTER THE BLEEDING THE NEXT MORNING due to the unwelcome visit.. PLEASE PRAY FOR HIM OR HER. AM 7 WEEKS AT LEAST. WAS A THREATEN MISCARRIAGE. HE OR SHE WILL CONTINUE WITH OUR LEGACY...

What am i to do next is not to be told here...

Peace people.

eric07
Novice

Jun 17, 2009, 9:45 PM

Post #91 of 219 (58052 views)
Shortcut

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Follow up - Princess, Sarah, and Shannon Died @ Furry Friends Farm

Caption (above): The place where Princess was buried.

According to those who were there when she died, there weren't any early symptom when it happened. It just did. It broke our heart, but we will stay strong, for all other fur kids. May they rest in peace.

(This post was edited by eric07 on Jun 17, 2009, 9:50 PM)

eric07
Novice

Jun 20, 2009, 10:25 PM

Post #92 of 219 (57995 views)
Shortcut

More insider news on Ketam by Tracy :

forums.petfinder.my/showthread.php?p=48738#post48738

(This post was edited by eric07 on Jun 20, 2009, 10:54 PM)

melmel
K9 Maniac

Jun 23, 2009, 10:43 PM

Post #93 of 219 (57929 views)
Shortcut

SPCA Notice Board

INTI Students Stand Up For Animals!

Sun, 21st Jun 2009, 06:32pm Mid-week,

the SPCA team headed to INTI College Subang Jaya to officiate the INTI Society For Animal Welfare (I-SAW), and what a great time we had with the students and staff! The students had set up a fundraising and educational booth on our behalf from Monday to Friday, and had invited us to give an educational talk and bring some animals for adoption on Wednesday. The students worked hard ¨C collecting signatures for our Animals Matter To Me campaign, distributing our magazines and educational leaflets, selling our merchandise, collecting donations, while also promoting the AnimalCare project supported by the Subang Jaya Buddhist Association, which aims to improve the welfare of strays through treatment and neutering. They also had a membership recruitment for the newly-formed Society, which filled up in no time!

We are very lucky to have Dr Chan Kah Yein also give an educational talk at the event, as she is an active animal rescuer and strong advocate of trap-neuter-release programs!

One of our ginger kittens found a great home with student Izzat and his family, who love cats! SPCA staff were on hand to answer questions on neutering, adoption, volunteering and about the Pulau Ketam tragedy as well.

fund raising by Digi 4 Ketam : forums.petfinder.my/showthread.php?t=2362

Support SPCA on 27th June 2009 - Neutering Campign in Ketam

(This post was edited by melmel on Jun 23, 2009, 10:45 PM)

melmel
K9 Maniac

Jun 23, 2009, 10:48 PM

Post #94 of 219 (57924 views)
Shortcut

SPCA Notice Board

Rescued Dogs Getting Healthier, Happier

Sun, 21st Jun 2009, 06:32pm

All the dogs are doing very well! 5 out of the 13 are now roaming happily in the compound, friendly and better socialized now. Our regular dedicated volunteer Roli spends a lot of time with the others who are still nervous and defensive, hoping to slowly earn their trust.

Dr Chan Kah Yein and her friends had worked very hard to collect donations from the members of the Subang Jaya Buddhist Association and members of the public during Wesak Day till today to sponsor the treatment of 12 rescued dogs at the private vet. We are very grateful for their donations and unwavering support throughout this trying time!

(This post was edited by melmel on Jun 23, 2009, 10:49 PM)

melmel
K9 Maniac

Jun 23, 2009, 10:59 PM

Post #95 of 219 (57920 views)
Shortcut

SPCA Notice Board

One More Dog Rescued on Thursday!

Sun, 21st Jun 2009, 06:32pm

On Thursday this week, the team of Animal Inspectors Cunera and Murugan, vet Dr Lim, Pastor Clarence and two Orang Asli volunteers managed to rescue a beautiful sunshine-coloured dog from Pulau Selat Kering. This brings the number of total dogs rescued to 14 ¨C 12 females, and 2 males. 15, if you include the macho Mr Miracle from Pulau Ketam.

Pastor Clarence and Cunera sat on one of the floating platforms for half an hour, waiting for the dog to come closer. Pastor Clarence swiftly threw a looped nylon leash around the dog's neck, and Cunera grabbed the other end of the leash and held tight. The dog put up a fierce struggle, and started to bite the leash ¨C luckily Murugan and the others came quickly and secured the dog on the boat safely.

As they were re-filling the dog food bowls, they noticed one of the drums on our platforms (that helps it stay afloat) had gone missing. The rope securing it appeared to have been cut, strangely enough. On Friday, we heard that yet another drum had disappeared. One of our dog traps also had been moved to another location. With the help of the orang asli, we will be spray painting the drums and dog-traps to identify them so that they don't go missing - as this will really jeopardize the rescue mission and the safety of the remaining dogs. (message fr melmel : Stop sabortage spca rescue mission in P.Selat Kering)

Starting from this weekend, a small team of orang asli will be assisting us to feed, water, and monitor the traps daily. The Animal Inspectors will teach them how to bait the traps, and will go with them every few days to monitor the situation. Everyday, new cases of animal cruelty and neglect are reported to the Inspectorate, requiring their immediate attention and action ¨C this is really a trying time for the duo who have been juggling between the rescue work and more than 60 reported cases a month.

The lucky dog was sent to the vet upon arriving in Ampang, where he is being given a full check-up

(This post was edited by melmel on Jun 23, 2009, 11:02 PM)

melmel
K9 Maniac

Jun 23, 2009, 11:19 PM

Post #96 of 219 (57912 views)
Shortcut

Besides Trespass & threaten Pregnant Shahrul at Midnite to look for Kuning,

quoting pregnant Shahrul :

Let me tell you something... after the stupid visit, someone sent JAWI (Jabatan Agama Islam Wilayah Persekutuan) to my home on a Sunday!!! Asking for my marriage certificate!!! SO I SHOVED IT UP THEIR STUPID FACES!!! Telling us this and that about having cared for the rescued animals at my house.

Yesterday, ANOTHER SUNDAY!!!! Someone sent DBKL to my house... they back out after knowing it was me... they told me someone "NOT FROM MY NEIGHBORHOOD" told them to take away my dogs.... GUESS WHO???!!

(This post was edited by melmel on Jun 23, 2009, 11:20 PM)

melmel
K9 Maniac

Jun 28, 2009, 9:06 PM

Post #97 of 219 (57767 views)
Shortcut

SPCA & SAS Mass Neutering Campaign 4 Ketam Dogs / Cats & Door-to-Door Education Talk 2 Ketam Villagers @ 27 June 2009 Sat :

Thks 2 SPCA, SAS, DVS (esp Dir Gen -Datuk Dr' Aziz ), Klinik Kembiri, Petster (esp William & J-Ye), KDU, Inti & other volunteers :

Report in Chinapress :
www.chinapress.com.my/content...t=0628lk10.txt

Report in GuangMing Press :
www.guangming.com.my/node/50796?tid=3

Report in Sin Chew Press :
www.sinchew.com.my/node/120100?tid=1

(This post was edited by melmel on Jun 28, 2009, 9:10 PM)

melmel
K9 Maniac

Jul 9, 2009, 8:22 PM

Post #98 of 219 (57623 views)
Shortcut

Quoting Jesscinta :

hey guys KDU college in kelana jaya are having a charity event with the intention to raise money to help our dogs in need.
They are bringing down 5 puppies from pulau ketam for kind people to adopt.
theres performances and booths and alot of things happening, so do come, if not come drop by quickly to show ur support and donate what u can.
it will be much appreciated!

The event is on saturday, July 25th 2009
it starts at 10am til 12am (26th Sunday)

You got that whole day to attend so please do to prove to people that Malaysians care! Thank you!

Mark it down on ur calendars people!

(This post was edited by melmel on Jul 9, 2009, 8:23 PM)

melmel
K9 Maniac

Jul 9, 2009, 8:29 PM

Post #99 of 219 (57619 views)
Shortcut

SPCA Notice Board :

Kempen Kembiri: Neutering & Education Campaign Receives Encouraging Response at Pulau Ketam

On the 27th of June, we made our way over to Pulau Ketam to conduct our first sterilization and education campaign on the island, which was very successful and brought together the SPCA, Dept of Vet Services, University Putra Malaysia (UPM), Stray Dog Committee chairman Mr Loo and volunteers for one noble cause. The Director General of the DVS Dato' Dr Abdul Aziz bin Jamaluddin and his officers were also present to show their support for the operation and chat with the volunteers and residents!

The neutering of 23 dogs (pets and strays) and 7 pet cats was coordinated and carried out by staff from the DVS, SPCA and UPM from 10am ¨C 5pm. The vets and staff arrived the day before to set up the JKK hall and make logistics arrangements with Mr Loo. Volunteers from Save A Stray (SAS) were on hand to assist with the surgery and recuperation. The hall was bustling with activity.

A 30-strong education street-team led by SPCA was also on the ground on Saturday to go door to door to promote neutering and persuade the residents to register to neuter their pets and community dogs at the next session. The team included volunteers from Petster Magazine, INTI College Animal Welfare Society, KDU College, AnimalCare and other enthusiastic individuals. The volunteers were very focused and worked hard to counsel the residents of Pulau Ketam and get them to register their pets to be neutered ¨C they also managed to immediately bring in two more dogs for neutering within the first hour! At the end of the day, we were all encouraged and deeply motivated ¨C with more than 30 animals neutered on Saturday, and 24 animals (12 cats, 12 dogs) registered to be neutered at the next Kempen Kembiri on the 25th and 26th of July 2009!

The Petster team and volunteers from KDU College also managed to rescue two litters of puppies from under a house ¨C 12 puppies in all ¨C and took them back to be fostered and adopted out! Another volunteer also immediately adopted Toby, a dog that had been surrendered by her owner at the JKK Hall. SAS also took 2 injured stray dogs and 4 puppies into their care, and will attempt to rehome them after being treated at a private vet.

Meals and beverages were provided by the DVS and SPCA for the 55 people who were involved in the whole operation. Mr Loo was also very kind and supportive, helping with the logistics and other arrangements for the post-op care for the dogs.

Overall, it was a wonderful experience for everyone involved ¨C a time to get together, learn and share our love for the animals in an effective way - that would improve the lives of both the animals and people on the Pulau Ketam island. We thank all the organizations and individuals who had helped with this campaign ¨C each of you have played an important role in making it a success!

Please stay tuned for our plans for the second Kempen Kembiri on the island during the last weekend of July!

(This post was edited by melmel on Jul 9, 2009, 9:01 PM)

melmel
K9 Maniac

Jul 12, 2009, 8:19 PM

Post #100 of 219 (57491 views)
Shortcut

SPCA Noticeboard

Pulau Selat Kering Rescue Updates

Tue, 7th Jul 2009, 07:10pm

In the last 10 days, the SPCA Selangor Rescue & Relief team have rescued another 8 dogs and puppies from Pulau Selat Kering and the neighbouring mangroves, bringing the total to 22 dogs rescued by the team. With the assistance of Pastor Clarence and several orang asli, the team have been returning almost everyday to scour the island for dogs, refilling the food and water stations and build several platforms among the mangroves for the dogs to rest and escape the sea-water.

All the dogs are recovering well at the SPCA Selangor Office after treatment at the private vet, with the first batch of 12 vaccinated dogs being transferred to the Animal Shelter for neutering and subsequent adoption. Their photos and details will be uploaded to our website by the weekend, please do view them online and visit them at the shelter and see if you can give one of these dogs a home – they really need to learn to trust and love again.

Volunteers who are experienced dog-handlers are welcome to visit and help to socialize the dogs on weekends. For more information on these socialization sessions and to sign-up, please contact jacinta.spca !

(This post was edited by melmel on Jul 12, 2009, 8:21 PM)

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my