Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Lost & Found: Lost, Missing or Stolen Dogs:
[FOUND!!] LOST SIBERIAN HUSKY in Sri Gombak - Mommy Misses You!!

cathyK9
Novice

May 24, 2009, 11:29 PM

Post #1 of 10 (2438 views)
Shortcut
[FOUND!!] LOST SIBERIAN HUSKY in Sri Gombak - Mommy Misses You!! Can't Post

Hello all,

My Siberian Husky ran out of the house (Phase 6, Taman Sri Gombak) at about 3 pm on 22 May 2009 (Friday) and has been missing until now.

Dog Name: YURI (Male)
Breed: Siberian Husky
Colour: Grey, Black and White. Brown eyes.

He's just wearing a choker chain collar. Please, please call me if you have seen him.. 012 688 8873.

Reward will given to anyone with information which leads to YURI's safe return. Please help. I miss my Baby very much!

Thank you,
Cathy

(This post was edited by cathyK9 on Jun 9, 2009, 1:04 AM)
Attachments: Yuri.JPG (213 KB)

hapy
Dog Kichi

May 25, 2009, 6:16 AM

Post #2 of 10 (2418 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cathyK9] LOST SIBERIAN HUSKY in Sri Gombak - Mommy Misses You!! [In reply to] Can't Post

hi, never give up. Add oil

Good luck and God bless u

cathyK9
Novice

May 25, 2009, 5:59 PM

Post #3 of 10 (2404 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hapy] LOST SIBERIAN HUSKY in Sri Gombak - Mommy Misses You!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you for your wishes Hapy,

I've just moved back into the area to stay with my parents. If anyone have any other ideas on finding Yuri, do share. Here's some which I found from reading the various posts here.
  1. Post on SPCA, Puppy.com, Petfinder.my - Done
  2. Engage flyer company to distribute flyers to the area (I'm not familiar with all the areas here since I moved out fm Gombak many years ago) - this week
  3. Advertise in Chinese papers for weekday/weekend posting - The area has a higher Malay population. Not sure if this would help, but no harm trying. Can anyone help me with any info on this if you've advertised before?
  4. Flyers on vet clinics, petstores, 7-11 - wherever possible.

Thanks...
Cathy

renaoh
Enthusiast

May 26, 2009, 1:14 AM

Post #4 of 10 (2392 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cathyK9] LOST SIBERIAN HUSKY in Sri Gombak - Mommy Misses You!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Allow me to share a long story with you on this humid and boring day. This is about a male dog whom I re-home two years ago to a friend.

This friend of mine lost her pet in Dec 08 due to the negligence of some staff in a vet’s clinic while boarding him there. When she came back from her holiday and was told of the accident, she was frantic and angry of the clinic’s lackadaisical attitude and they didn’t seem to be affected by the incident at all.

In desperation and worried about her pet’s health and safety, she went to the printers and printed thousands of flyers and engaged the services of local newspaper delivery uncles & aunties to insert them into the postbox of every household within a 5-mile radius from the clinic. On top of that, she gather the help of friends and relatives and on weekends to have them paste the flyers on lamp post, telephone poles, local council garbage tanks etc. Advertisements were inserted in the local papers and the daily evening walk-about for two months around the taman-taman near the clinic, while calling out her pet’s name and enquiring from the residents she happened to meet along the way. She sends out emails and posted on online forums. She did everything she could think off to increase her chances of finding her pet.

Although the odds were against her and months of anguish and no news at all, she was determine to find her pet and never gives up on hoping and praying that her pet is alive and in safe hands. And then, a miracle happened for her. Five months after losing her pet, she got a call in the middle of the night two weeks ago from a girl who was partying 9 miles away that she saw a dog that looks like my friend’s dog in one of the houses near the party. That girl had the good sense to take her camera phone and video the dog while the dog was doing his poo-poo in the garden! After making the arrangement to meet in the morning, my friend rushed to the girl’s house and viewed the video and was convinced that the dog was hers. She quickly droved to the address given, but the owner of the house was not in and there were no sound of any dogs inside the house.

Not giving up hope, she went back again in the evening and waited for almost 2 hours before the owner showed up. When she approached the car, she saw her dog inside and the funny thing was, the dog was still wearing the collar that she bought for him!!! And the dog was jumping with joy inside the car when he saw my friend. He missed her too.

To end the long story, my friend re-united with her pet after being apart for five months.

cathyK9
Novice

May 26, 2009, 2:26 AM

Post #5 of 10 (2379 views)
Shortcut
Re: [renaoh] LOST SIBERIAN HUSKY in Sri Gombak - Mommy Misses You!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Renaoh,

Thanks very much for sharing your encouraging story. It gives me hope that I can be reunited with my baby.

I've contacted a Flyer company that distributes for Tesco, Honda and the likes - the flyer will be out tomorrow to 10,000 households in Sri Gombak and surrounding neighbourhoods. I hope some kind soul out there would see the flyer and help me find my baby.

I'll check with newspapers tomorrow to place ads for this coming weekend.

Thanks again,
Cathy

cathyK9
Novice

May 27, 2009, 3:29 AM

Post #6 of 10 (2335 views)
Shortcut

Hello,

Yuri has been found. Just to share my experience so others may be encouraged should you lose your pets:

Yesterday evening, I engaged a Flyer Distribution company to distribute 10k flyers to the residential houses in Sri Gombak and surrounding areas. The reason I chose this company was they had a solid customers list - Tesco, Citibank, etc were their customers.

The demographics show that there were approx. 14k houses. The flyer company was really efficient in getting my leaflets printed to be distributed in the area the next morning (they printed the flyers overnight), all inserted in the Tesco booklets and distributed to all 10k houses by 1 pm today.

Last night, 2 of my friends and I went around all the shops nearby and posted as many posters as we could manage. Notices on Giant's Community Board, 7-11 stores, vet clinic, pet stores, mini markets, stores with high traffic, restaurants, etc.

This morning before heading to work, I went around and spoke with people who were in their house compounds, going up to them with a leaflet and asking whether they've seen Yuri.

A pointer from my colleague (thanks Jenn!) - Go speak with neighbours who own dogs.
Their dogs would be barking if they were to see another strange dog nearby. They're the ones who'd most likely notice another dog wandering about.

The first lady I asked (who has a dog of her own), told me, yes... she'd seen him wandering about 3 days ago and he was seen near the corner house which had 3 dogs. I went to speak to the corner house owner, and he said Yes, he saw Yuri and had given him water and some food. I gave each a flyer and asked them to call me if they saw Yuri again. I spoke to anyone I could find around the area and gave them a flyer.

An hour later, the corner house owner's sister called me and said she's got Yuri. She had transported him to Cheras to her house, and that I could come and get him. She was kind to rehome him (all the best intentions) and I'm glad I managed to get him back.

The Flyers worked. A Malay neighbour of the corner house called said that he's seen Yuri at the corner house, and that they've got my dog but wasn't sure if they'd let him go or kept him.

Long story short, Yuri is now safely home. He's now a happy boy and glad to be out of the sun.

Thank you all for the encouraging stories and pointers on how to find a lost pet. The forum had really helped as I scoured through the forum threads for ideas on how to search for Yuri.

Thanks again everyone. God bless...
Cathy

eddie_had
Novice

May 27, 2009, 7:28 PM

Post #7 of 10 (2313 views)
Shortcut

Hi Cathyk9,

I saw your flyer at one of the pet shop in Setapak.

It a good news that you found your doggie back. Take good care of him/her and spend more time.

I also wish I can find back my COBY soonest possible.

Frown

renaoh
Enthusiast

May 28, 2009, 12:42 AM

Post #8 of 10 (2290 views)
Shortcut

I am so very happy for you cathy, enjoy him as much as you can.

cathyK9
Novice

May 28, 2009, 3:44 AM

Post #9 of 10 (2282 views)
Shortcut
Re: [renaoh] LOST SIBERIAN HUSKY in Sri Gombak - Mommy Misses You!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Eddie, Renaoh,

Thanks very much for the well wishes. I am glad I found Yuri and he's now safely home.

Renaoh - your story was very inspiring and kept me going. Thank you thank you...

Eddie - I hope you'll be reunited with your COBY soon too. Don't give up. Renaoh's story is a great example. I believe the flyer you saw in the pet store in Setapak isn't mine, but belongs to another Husky Owner. Here's the Lost posting on Petfinder: http://www.petfinder.my/pets/5245/

Thanks again everyone...
Cheers!

cathyK9
Novice

Jun 9, 2009, 1:13 AM

Post #10 of 10 (1939 views)
Shortcut

Hi All,

I've had people who've called in to ask about the Flyer company that I used:

Mr. Francis Lim
LHL Concept & Management
012-216 3383, 019-350 5628

Toll Free: 1800-888-188
Fax: 1800-888-993
Email : lhlglobal / Info.lhlconcept
6, Jalan Tembaga SD5/2C,Sri Damansara,
Kepong, 52100, Kuala lumpur, Malaysia.
Office Hours : 9.00am - 6.00pm (Mon - Fri); 9.00am - 1.00pm (Sat)

My personal experience with this company has been very good. They had the flyers printed overnight and distributed first thing the next morning after my order was confirmed.

My husky was transported out of the Sri Gombak area within days - definitely out of the reach of the flyers, but people whom had seen Yuri, called and offered information. People would call and tell you if they've seen your dog. You can try the company if you wish. It only cost me RM 800 to get the flyers printed and distributed to 10,000 houses.

The Flyer company was really eager to help coz the owner loves dogs too. They were very happy to hear that I managed to get Yuri back. The owner even asked his workers to keep a lookout for Yuri when they were distributing the flyers.

All the best with finding your missing pets.
Cathy

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my