Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
A lots of stool !!!

jason
Enthusiast

Nov 21, 2001, 8:10 AM

Post #1 of 16 (3247 views)
Shortcut
A lots of stool !!! Can't Post

I just wonder why my young boxer produces a lots of stool in a day??? I'm feeding her twice a day, morning and evening. The amount per feed is about a cup. How it could happen? or because of the food type that I'm feeding? Please help, thanks.

Derrickok
Novice

Nov 21, 2001, 9:25 AM

Post #2 of 16 (3244 views)
Shortcut
Re: A lots of stool !!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Please,Please, Mr.Jason,
If you want us to help you, you must tell us specfically,preciesely and exactly how old is your Boxer, what sort of cup, teacup, buttercup, or brassiere cup Ops! please take it as a joke, no offenses meant. and most importantly what brand of dog food you are using and what is your definition of a lot of stool. Please give us some idea so that we know where to begin.
OK?

jason
Enthusiast

Nov 21, 2001, 12:36 PM

Post #3 of 16 (3236 views)
Shortcut

ok Derrick ... my little boxer is now 5 months old, the cup size that I mentioned could contain about 100 - 150g of kibble, the brand is ScenceDiet large breed Canine Growth, and she usually have to potty 4 to 6 times a day!!! So, what are your views?? thanks first...

Derrickok
Novice

Nov 21, 2001, 4:01 PM

Post #4 of 16 (3225 views)
Shortcut

Wonderful Jason! Now that I have some infos to go on, perhaps I could help you with lots of stool problem.By the way, please don"t feel offended with the way I shot those questions at you. At the end of the day, I am sure it is only logical that you provide details of your problem, only then I am able to assist.
The quantity U mentioned 100-150g of kibble per feed is far too much for a boxer puppy of 5months old. Follow this instruction carefully please. Your boxer puppy only require 200-250g intake of kibble per day, and this amount should be given in 3 separate portions. If I am not mistaken, in your earlier post, you did say that you are feeding him twice a day, which means two cups a day. What is the condition of your puppy, fat, skinny, or acceptable? If the answer is acceptable, then what you do is the two cups divide into three feedings.
As a thumb of rule, the stool volume in relationship to actual intake should be about 30-35%.
Can you also tell me if the stool is nicely formed, like a durian cake that you could pick it up with your fingers or is it soft like kaya. If it is nicely formed and firm, then the kibbles are properly digested and absorbed. If it is in a form of kaya like, then your puppy is not disgesting the food properly and that could be due to being over-fed.
The ScienceDiet kibble you are feeding your puppy is suitable. So there is no question of inferior kibbles.
Give it a try on what I have recommended you and let me know of the outcome.
Regards.

jason
Enthusiast

Nov 22, 2001, 9:22 AM

Post #5 of 16 (3215 views)
Shortcut

thanks first ...
From your suggestion, I think I am feeding too much or overfed. My little boxer is ok and is not too fat or skinny. I will try to feed less per meal as you said, but I feel that she has less appetite when I tried to feed her 3 times a day ... may be I should stick to twice a day. For the stool, it is nicely formed like durian cake ... and recently, Mr. Ooi from JB recommended me his 'product' of US Grain - Regal -. From the info in the website, it claimed that this product will produce less stool and more palatable for puppy. So, what is your view, derrick?

regards,
jason

Rainbow
Canine Addict

Nov 22, 2001, 11:22 AM

Post #6 of 16 (3213 views)
Shortcut

Hi Jason..I recently switched to US regal..also through Mr Ooi and my adult dogs coat condition and overall eating habits improved..they seem to be eating more especially my old 9 yr old dachshund...they used to eat science diet..my 6 month old dachshund puppy started US grain regal puppy feed yesterday but I can't see any difference..cause she was eating the adult one before..but maybe with the extra proteins and stuff in the puppy food, I might be able to see the difference in a few days time..:)

Derrickok
Novice

Nov 23, 2001, 9:00 AM

Post #7 of 16 (3207 views)
Shortcut

OK lah give it a try.
By the way, for your inmformation, this Mr.Ooi or rather I call him Zero Zero One is a very good friend of mine. He is a Committee member of MKA JB Branch. He is also an ethical breeder. Since you have come into contact with him, from now on, you could cry on his shoulders. If he is not prepared to help you, please post a note in puppy com and I'll come to your rescue.
By the way, next time U see him and have decided to change to Regal please blackmail him for me. Tell him that you will only change to Regal if he joins this Forum. If he asks you who taught you, you just tell him join and he will find out.
Regards.
Derrickok.

jason
Enthusiast

Nov 23, 2001, 10:15 AM

Post #8 of 16 (3204 views)
Shortcut

I see ... anyway, may I know how much you bought for a bag like 15 - 18 kg one? The price is the same with others?

jason
Enthusiast

Nov 23, 2001, 10:22 AM

Post #9 of 16 (3203 views)
Shortcut

May be he should look at you and give me a big discount then I will change to Regal definitely ... haha!! Derrick, I have emailed MKA centre and asked about membership registration, but they did'nt reply :( Anyway, I would like to join this big family in the Boxer Chapter, so, can I do it with Mr. Ooi here?

Derrickok
Novice

Nov 23, 2001, 11:01 AM

Post #10 of 16 (3202 views)
Shortcut

AAaYa Man, I am not a walking encyclopedia. I am only a crawling pocket dictionary. But I know enough to put you on the right track.
First you don't e-mail MKA centre. You Fax them and their Fax number is 03- 77282312.
Secondly, Zero Zero One or Mr. Ooi is definitely able to help you with the application form to join up as a member of MKA. In the application form to becoming a member of MKA there is also a column for you to become a member of the Boxer Chapter.
Finally if you want ULTRASONIC EXPRESS SERVICES please post your e-mail address to me and I shall e-mail you an application form NOW!!
What more do you want now when you have friends to go out of the way to help you?
Regards.
Derrickok.

Rainbow
Canine Addict

Nov 23, 2001, 3:07 PM

Post #11 of 16 (3196 views)
Shortcut

Hi Jason,,
If I'm not mistaken,,adult 15kg is about $160 and I know for sure puppy bites 1.8kg is $24..:) Had to buy the small bag in case my doggie reject..

jason
Enthusiast

Nov 23, 2001, 7:10 PM

Post #12 of 16 (3188 views)
Shortcut

Ok, Derrick.
Here is my email ... jstan@ . please provide me with the fees info and where to send in the application, thank you.

jason
Enthusiast

Nov 30, 2001, 8:25 PM

Post #13 of 16 (3178 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Rainbow] A lots of stool !!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Smile Hi Rainbow,

I would like to know something about US Grain Regal that you are feeding your dogs now. Any differences or not in terms of food quality and your dogs condition if you compared to ScienceDiet? Did your doggie produce less stool or the same as before?

regards

ear;docked tail;born 11/2001.

Rainbow
Canine Addict

Nov 30, 2001, 10:22 PM

Post #14 of 16 (3176 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jason] A lots of stool !!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Well Jason..I can't say much about the pup because there isn't much to compare with but for the adult, his coat has improved and overall he is eating more..which is a good thing because he's a fussy eater...his poo is about the same as before but, if compared with science diet..it would be lesser because he's eating more..does that make any sense to you!! Smile

I think that overall Us grain uses better quality ingredients then science diet..kind of like us grain is new and improved and science diet receipe is old and obsolete...that's what I gather anyway..have you tried us grain?? It might vary for your dog..

By the way, the reason I changed over to Us grain was because my dog's coat (long hair variety) wasn't very nice..kind of dry and dull so the vet suggested us grain because there's more oil in the food..so for me, I would say there is an improvement....kind of depends on your needs..if you want your dog to produce less stool..i don't know..maybe she just goes more because she is a pup...cannot control that well..maybe when she's older, will have lesser..but I'm not sure also lar..just speculating..Smile

¸..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ ·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ -:¦:- Rainbow -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

KawChai
Enthusiast

Nov 14, 2002, 10:09 PM

Post #15 of 16 (3132 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jason] A lots of stool !!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Jason,

Does your pup ( i think should be a dog now) still poo poo as much as 6 times after u change to other brand or feed him less ?

My puppy 3 months old, poo poo 6 times a day Crazy

I am feeding him Science Diet

Yuki79
Dog Kichi

Nov 14, 2002, 10:16 PM

Post #16 of 16 (3131 views)
Shortcut
Re: [KawChai] A lots of stool !!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Daren also poo 5-6 times a day! will they reduce the stool when they growing up and mature?

regards,

Yuki

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my