Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Behavioral Problems: Barking & Growling Problems:
HELP!! Barking at the same direction every night...

haze0205
Novice

May 20, 2009, 8:54 PM

Post #1 of 6 (11282 views)
Shortcut
HELP!! Barking at the same direction every night... Can't Post

Hi All,

I have a very serious problem here and I hope someone can help me.

My dog started to bark every night to the same direction since 2 weeks ago. Last time I used to locked him in his cage every night for him to rest and sleep. But because he dislikes being locked up, I released him 24/7 since more than a month ago. He is free to walk around the house every day and night. For the first 2 weeks he was released, there isn't any problem.

But it started like 2 weeks ago... He started to bark at one direction (somewhere near his cage) continuously. My dad and I need to go down every time he barks to find out what is happening. My dog will stand at about 2 feet away from the area he barks at. But when my dad and I look at that spot, there is nothing there. Around that area is only his cage and some decorative items on the floor.

My dog has the habit to bark at every moving things, for example, cockroaches, lizards, plastic bag being blown etc. When I asked him to shut up, he will do so and walk to me. But after I gone back to sleep, he will start barking. This repeats every night until we can't have a good sleep.

Can anyone tell me why is this happening? I really need solutions to cope with this issue and I believe my dog also wish to have peaceful nights.

Callie

wahthye
Dog Kichi

May 21, 2009, 5:01 AM

Post #2 of 6 (11274 views)
Shortcut
Re: [haze0205] HELP!! Barking at the same direction every night... [In reply to] Can't Post

maybe he/she wanna sleep in the cage?

or he/she saw something dirty there? lolz.... old ppl say dog can c those dirty stuff... lolz FrownFrown

Sashan
Enthusiast

May 26, 2009, 7:49 PM

Post #3 of 6 (11195 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wahthye] HELP!! Barking at the same direction every night... [In reply to] Can't Post

Maybe theres a mouse there or something? Try moving his cage and washing all behind it with some dettol/clorox (rinse with lots of water) to remove whatever smell there is there?

haze0205
Novice

May 28, 2009, 6:59 PM

Post #4 of 6 (11137 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wahthye] HELP!! Barking at the same direction every night... [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't think he wants to sleep in his cage. He hates to be locked up in his cage and that's why I let him roam freely out of his cage.

Err~ At first I thought it's something "dirty" as you said. But after a few nights of observation, I don't think it's something "dirty". My dad found out that nowadays, he doesn't only bark at one direction. He will bark everywhere. For instance, he will bark at the ceiling fan, bark at the sofa, bark at the dining table etc.

haze0205
Novice

May 28, 2009, 7:05 PM

Post #5 of 6 (11136 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sashan] HELP!! Barking at the same direction every night... [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Sashan,

Yes, I already did all the necessary cleaning at his cage area but it doesn't help. As I mentioned above, his barking style has changed.

Previously he was barking at his cage direction but now at everywhere. And I noticed one thing, he will bark at something which is not supposed to be at one place. For instance, when I put a cup on a table which the table usually will be empty, he will bark at the cup. There was once my mum came back from shopping and she temporarily put all the shopping bags on the sofa. He saw those shopping bags and barked at it. I asked him to stop barking but he still stared at those shopping bags and still attempt to bark. Once I remove those items from the sofa and brought it upstairs, he stopped.

Weird fella...

yurimaster
Novice

Jul 9, 2009, 7:06 AM

Post #6 of 6 (10629 views)
Shortcut
Re: [haze0205] HELP!! Barking at the same direction every night... [In reply to] Can't Post

i dont know if u believe it or not...sometime these dog see things at night where human cant see with eyes at a specific location especially at nite. i hope u know wat i try to warn u here...

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my