Home: Behavioral Problems: Behavioural Issues - General:
My New puppy cries alot!

AngelBee_85
Dog Kichi

Apr 29, 2009, 4:52 PM

Post #1 of 17 (16481 views)
Shortcut
My New puppy cries alot! Can't Post

HELP!! my new pup is crying and whining all the time... I don't know what is his problem.
At first I thought he was lonely and misses his mum so I slept next to him... That didn't help!
He still cries... Unsure I tried training him by saying "NO" it also didn't help. I tried playing with him
to bond + making him tired but he hardly responds and still doesn't stop crying. But when I walk
in and out of the house he will follow just continues to whine when walking with me... Its like he
wants to tell me something but I really don't know what?? He is eating (He loves food!) and drinks
alot but after that he cries again... This is like a mega mix kind of thing... None stop!! I'm so tired
as I couldn't sleep whole night! I need to solve his problem before my neighbour complaints...

Please help if anyone got any TIPS!! I'm running out of ideas! I had before many pups and dogs but
never once i came across such problem.. I even let him sleep in the room with aircon with me but
that didn't seem to help. Not even by letting him sleep on my bed. I really wanna help my Coconut!
Hope anyone could help me before my husband decides to send him back to my aunt Frown. I really
love him and I want to give him the best but he has to prove himself to be with us as my husband
isn't really fond of having a pup... He is just like this ----> Mad

Thank You! & hope i can give coconut a warm loving home with me!

Janz
Dog Kichi

Apr 29, 2009, 7:32 PM

Post #2 of 17 (16475 views)
Shortcut
Re: [AngelBee_85] My New puppy cries alot! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

Could he be in pain as he's crying non stop.... I had an experience wen i 1st brought my maxter back, he cried at nite wen i put him in the crate... Then i let him out to walk around, thet's wen he stopped... so i continue wiz my sleep... BUT the next mrng i woke up, the 1st thing i saw is pees and poos around the room area... .. hahahah nvm, i cleanned it up... but i beat his lil butt wiz roll up newspaper n paper trainned him... Guess wat... he's smart enough to learn in 1 day n start to do his biz on the newspaper n i never need to put him in crate anymore...

I think if he continue to cry non stop, u shld consult ur vet n c why is he so...

Pls keep us all update.... take care..
Frown Regards from Smarty (In Luving Memory) & Maxter Frown

AngelBee_85
Dog Kichi

May 4, 2009, 4:45 PM

Post #3 of 17 (16416 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Janz] My New puppy cries alot! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank Janz for replying... He is doing fine now. We bought him alot of chew toys and chew bones which he enjoys it alot. He wasn't used to the enviroment but now he is fine and very active too. He only whines when he is alone in the hall while we are in other rooms. I guess it's because he is lonely. But after awhile, he will stop and sleep in front at the door step. He is also a very smart pup! I checked his poo and wee wee... All normal. So lucky me! At first i thought he was sick too. But it was his emo problem... Now he is a healthy strong puppy!! Laugh

zephyros
Canine Addict

May 14, 2009, 5:26 PM

Post #4 of 17 (16292 views)
Shortcut

glad to hear that your pup has improved. what you've done on the first day by sleeping with ur pup is not usually recommended. reason being, your pup will learn much slowly that he needs to learn to be alone. also by doing so, your pup might learn that, if it wants u to give attention, all the pup needs to do is cry. :P

be firm with ur pup. firm != cruel. what ur pup is doing now, is learning what are his limits. him stop whinning a while is showing that. he's testing how much is too much and what is allowed in your household. this is the most crucial moment to teach your pup the right things and set the rules! GL!

Janz
Dog Kichi

May 14, 2009, 7:31 PM

Post #5 of 17 (16289 views)
Shortcut

Dear AngelBee,

How r u? How's he doing? Hope everything goes well for u and for him.... I personally believe that since we love dogs and bring them to our life, we muz keep them not onli healthy but also happy.... Happy in the sense of not beyond the limit.... If u do not gain their trust and love, it is very hard for u to train them future... U r doin it right... Give him more love, care and attention... They are here in our life not to be a puppet but to be a part of our family... Tht's the way my two boys were brought up.. I cant bear to even hear a single cry from them... They get the most of my love, care and attention and yet they are very obey to the rules i set.... But sumtimes, there's 1 or 2 accidents do happen... Tht's ok.. we as human also do mistake rite...

Hope to hear from you again... Take care n send my huggies to him...
Frown Regards from Smarty (In Luving Memory) & Maxter Frown

AngelBee_85
Dog Kichi

May 14, 2009, 9:06 PM

Post #6 of 17 (16276 views)
Shortcut
Re: [zephyros] My New puppy cries alot! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
glad to hear that your pup has improved. what you've done on the first day by sleeping with ur pup is not usually recommended. reason being, your pup will learn much slowly that he needs to learn to be alone. also by doing so, your pup might learn that, if it wants u to give attention, all the pup needs to do is cry. :P

be firm with ur pup. firm != cruel. what ur pup is doing now, is learning what are his limits. him stop whinning a while is showing that. he's testing how much is too much and what is allowed in your household. this is the most crucial moment to teach your pup the right things and set the rules! GL!

Thanks for responding. I know what i did on the first night is wrong but I wouldnt want the neighbours to complaint. Now my pup is becoming more devilish. He started to sing and knock doors. Every night, he will knock knock knock and start to sings... Only when my husband yells at him he will stop but only for 5-10 minutes and starts again. So when I warn him, he actually understands and goes to sleep. I guess it's because I beat him most of the time. I tried many other ways to train him but nothing seems to work except whipping. Now he started playing his drinking water and by the time we reach home after work, he would be thirsty. I haven't had another pup who has this habbit. Any advise??

AngelBee_85
Dog Kichi

May 14, 2009, 9:16 PM

Post #7 of 17 (16272 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Janz] My New puppy cries alot! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Dear AngelBee,

How r u? How's he doing? Hope everything goes well for u and for him.... I personally believe that since we love dogs and bring them to our life, we muz keep them not onli healthy but also happy.... Happy in the sense of not beyond the limit.... If u do not gain their trust and love, it is very hard for u to train them future... U r doin it right... Give him more love, care and attention... They are here in our life not to be a puppet but to be a part of our family... Tht's the way my two boys were brought up.. I cant bear to even hear a single cry from them... They get the most of my love, care and attention and yet they are very obey to the rules i set.... But sumtimes, there's 1 or 2 accidents do happen... Tht's ok.. we as human also do mistake rite...

Hope to hear from you again... Take care n send my huggies to him...

Hi HI!! I'm fine. He is fine too. I think he is extreamly active now. He is a happy dog!! no doubt!! but training him is quite challenging lor... Even when i hit him, he will feel pain and cries alot. That will break my heart. But after that, he will stop repeating it. Only when there isn't anyone home. It's like another pup is doing it. Crazy When I arrive home and start picking up his mess.. He will run and hide, knowing I will sure scold him... he will whine alil as if he is guilty. then when night comes, he doesn't do it except when he has no water to drink or food to eat. But in the afternoon is a different story. Confused and running out of ideas. I bought alot of toys for him, I think ever since that, he became more playful. Started playing with his drinking water which obviously after playing, he has no more water to drink. I really don't know what he is thinking... He is like a human kid because he can understand us but it's difficult for us to understand him~!

Thanks for the advise! I wish my pup can be as good as your boys.. and Send my huggies to your boys too~! Oh ya, how have they been lately?? still fighting?? I hope not... Best of luck to ya~

zephyros
Canine Addict

May 14, 2009, 9:18 PM

Post #8 of 17 (16272 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

Thanks for responding. I know what i did on the first night is wrong but I wouldnt want the neighbours to complaint. Now my pup is becoming more devilish. He started to sing and knock doors. Every night, he will knock knock knock and start to sings... Only when my husband yells at him he will stop but only for 5-10 minutes and starts again. So when I warn him, he actually understands and goes to sleep. I guess it's because I beat him most of the time. I tried many other ways to train him but nothing seems to work except whipping. Now he started playing his drinking water and by the time we reach home after work, he would be thirsty. I haven't had another pup who has this habbit. Any advise??

welp seems ur pup is trying very hard to keep himself entertained and getting ur attention. does ur pup have any toys? try getting the bottle that hangs instead of the bowl. see if that helps with the water problem.

try to wear ur pup out before bed. play lots etc. just regular walks will be nice too.

also where do you keep your pup when u go to bed?

AngelBee_85
Dog Kichi

May 14, 2009, 9:42 PM

Post #9 of 17 (16268 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

welp seems ur pup is trying very hard to keep himself entertained and getting ur attention. does ur pup have any toys? try getting the bottle that hangs instead of the bowl. see if that helps with the water problem.

try to wear ur pup out before bed. play lots etc. just regular walks will be nice too.

also where do you keep your pup when u go to bed?

Hi there,

Ya... He wants to show how cute he is. I bought him alot of toys! all sorts of toys. He plays with it but ever since then he started biting stuff. So my husband is thinking that it's because of all this toys he has became DEVIL!! Now worse is I think he inherrited singing ability from his grandpa. His granpa used to sing to the mosque everytime they pray. The neighbours then started to complaint because the whole family started to sing along after that. Now the grandpa is doing fine in my cousin adopted it. He eventually stop singing too and the rest of the family too. They did try but the notes were all out so they gave up in singing since the lead singer is gone. So now my coco decided to sing like his grandpa but only thing is I think he is singing with the birds outside.

I do play with him alot. Trying to get him tired but before he is worn out, I'm dead tired too. He wouldn't play ball long. He is a fat pup and often get tired very fast. But he just rest for awhile before he starts to play again...

When we sleep in the room, he will usually be just sleeping outside our doorstep because got air-con ma. Even when we leave the room door open, he doesn't enter (kena slap on the butt once) So dare not edi...

zephyros
Canine Addict

May 14, 2009, 9:49 PM

Post #10 of 17 (16264 views)
Shortcut

if that's what i was afraid of when u said he'll come knocking on your door. ur pup has way too much space. have u heard of crate training? maybe u could try that. might help with his attitude. gonna be painful at first since he's used to the large play area. Get a play pen while ur at it.

as for the singing part...u just gotta work on it. find a way to make him stop, then praise him (for stopping not starting). i had barking issues with my dogs too. but now got them to bark only once if someone is at the door, sort of like a doorbell for me. you'll just need to find what makes ur dog tick and use that to your advantage. find what does he like, and dislike. those are your weapons :D

example, my maltese hates getting his feet wet....so when ever he throws any tantrum and pees or poops outside the tray...i'll have to wash the floor and his feet will be guranteed to get wet. soon he learnt to keep the place clean if he wants his feet dry and clean. :D

AngelBee_85
Dog Kichi

May 14, 2009, 10:53 PM

Post #11 of 17 (16261 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
if that's what i was afraid of when u said he'll come knocking on your door. ur pup has way too much space. have u heard of crate training? maybe u could try that. might help with his attitude. gonna be painful at first since he's used to the large play area. Get a play pen while ur at it.

as for the singing part...u just gotta work on it. find a way to make him stop, then praise him (for stopping not starting). i had barking issues with my dogs too. but now got them to bark only once if someone is at the door, sort of like a doorbell for me. you'll just need to find what makes ur dog tick and use that to your advantage. find what does he like, and dislike. those are your weapons :D

example, my maltese hates getting his feet wet....so when ever he throws any tantrum and pees or poops outside the tray...i'll have to wash the floor and his feet will be guranteed to get wet. soon he learnt to keep the place clean if he wants his feet dry and clean. :D

I haven't heard of crate training but i think i know what is that. He will cry very loud if i put him in a cage or tie him up. That made the two of us to release it. We don't mind bout him running around as long as he knows where is his teritory. So far he doesn't poo or pee everywhere. Only at the back so we are very amaze with that since there was no training on that.

I don't know what is his problem or why he starts singing in the middle of the night but i am figuring out how to stop him from knocking and singing! Hopefully it will be soon before we go crazy instead ... not getting enough sleep cause of him!

Well wish me luck~!!

zephyros
Canine Addict

May 14, 2009, 10:58 PM

Post #12 of 17 (16259 views)
Shortcut

ooo u letting him out when he cried was a mistake too. now he's learnt to cry whenever and he'll be released. if it's bad, use a muffler, get those nylon ones. make him hate it :D

as soon as he cries put it over his mouth to keep him quiet. no it's no sadistic or inhumane...either train him now, or lose him when ur neighbour complains to the authorities. as soon as he quiets down, immediately remove it and praise. soon he'll learn to keep quiet. might take a while since he learnt to cry to get whatever he wants. when he has learnt that noise = muffler ; quiet = no muffler ; it'll be a lot easier. u can just show that thing to him and he should learn to quiet down without putting it on. worked on both my furballs thus far *touch wood*

AngelBee_85
Dog Kichi

May 14, 2009, 11:11 PM

Post #13 of 17 (16258 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
ooo u letting him out when he cried was a mistake too. now he's learnt to cry whenever and he'll be released. if it's bad, use a muffler, get those nylon ones. make him hate it :D

as soon as he cries put it over his mouth to keep him quiet. no it's no sadistic or inhumane...either train him now, or lose him when ur neighbour complains to the authorities. as soon as he quiets down, immediately remove it and praise. soon he'll learn to keep quiet. might take a while since he learnt to cry to get whatever he wants. when he has learnt that noise = muffler ; quiet = no muffler ; it'll be a lot easier. u can just show that thing to him and he should learn to quiet down without putting it on. worked on both my furballs thus far *touch wood*

Hahahaha... Good idea! I will go get them tonite since i'm at MV. Will start buying all sorts of things to help him help me! Thanks for all the advise! Really appreciate it. We love him alot, me and my husband has no kids and we love coco as our own baby. Especially my husband, but it seems we are spoiling him even more.... Will update you on his training~ I might have to go outstation this weekend. Planing to lodge him in a pet hotel (i think more like a cage only) but it's the only way we are certain that he has enough water and food to drink and eat. Just to be on the safe side...

zephyros
Canine Addict

May 14, 2009, 11:32 PM

Post #14 of 17 (16255 views)
Shortcut

if ur worried u can try this person. very good with animals and it's a home boarding.

(http://homeapet.com/....php?f=58&t=5575)

AngelBee_85
Dog Kichi

May 14, 2009, 11:53 PM

Post #15 of 17 (16250 views)
Shortcut

I just emailed her. Hope she response to me... Thanks for recomending her to me... =)

zephyros
Canine Addict

May 14, 2009, 11:54 PM

Post #16 of 17 (16247 views)
Shortcut

np. GL and have a safe trip!

AngelBee_85
Dog Kichi

May 15, 2009, 12:04 AM

Post #17 of 17 (16243 views)
Shortcut

Thanks~! I will reply u after my trip.. kekekekke~

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my