IN

Home: Dog and Puppy Training: Dog Obedience Training & General Training Topics:
How to teach dog not to simply bite?

boyz6676

Apr 28, 2009, 9:24 PM

Post #1 of 2 (6380 views)
Shortcut
How to teach dog not to simply bite? Can't Post

Pls... anyone?! My puppy mastiff was no longer keep in a cage(and im not planning to do that again nor tying it, prefer it to run around actively), and there's sth bad happen whereby it'll simply run around biting shoes and jump on people. Can anyone out thr pls give me a useful advice? Still can teach? TQ to those who really can help... Frown

PSY
K9 Kaki

Apr 29, 2009, 3:37 AM

Post #2 of 2 (6367 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boyz6676] How to teach dog not to simply bite? [In reply to] Can't Post

First of all, there is nothing wrong locking your puppy/dog up as long as you let it out to do it's business and time to run and play. All things grows better when resting. As for biting, it is still a pup and there are numerous way to train it to stop. The best way for me is, by using musking tape the shoe or whatever aroung it's neck/mouth for a good part of the day but please make very certain it can breath and drink without too much hinderance. The idea is make him feel uncomfortable and ask someone to release him but not you if you are one who puts it on. Do realise, you are making him feel uncomfortable with the object so he stays away from it and not hurting it.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my