Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Dog Friendly Places:
Hikes around Ampang

jaui
Novice

Apr 27, 2009, 9:26 PM

Post #1 of 20 (23141 views)
Shortcut
Hikes around Ampang Can't Post

Hi people... I've got an Afghan Hound that needs a lot of running space and even though we have a big garden, he needs walks outside. Problem is, there aren't any good areas where I live (city centre) and we have to make do with crappy pavements late night walks when there aren't too many people or cars around.

Are there any parks or trekking areas close to Ampang or even a 30min drive from Ampang where I can take him on the weekends so at least he has one really good walk during the week?

Thanks people!

Vic Tea
Enthusiast

Apr 28, 2009, 6:32 AM

Post #2 of 20 (23131 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jaui] Hikes around Ampang [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there,

I dont know how long for u to drive to cyberjaya, may be 45min from ampang using Seremban highway but 20min if use KLIA-KL highway..it is a nice place, especially lakeside pavement.....no body there..good place to walk your dog even on weekend....

My doberman and I were there few times.......

picasaweb.google.com/ckthee/ROLEXTheWatchDog

PangurBan
Old Kaki

Apr 28, 2009, 8:46 PM

Post #3 of 20 (23119 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Vic Tea] Hikes around Ampang [In reply to] Can't Post

Where's this Cyberjaya Park?

PangurBan
Old Kaki

Apr 28, 2009, 8:56 PM

Post #4 of 20 (23118 views)
Shortcut

You can try the jungle trails around the Ampang reservoir

jaui
Novice

Apr 28, 2009, 8:58 PM

Post #5 of 20 (23115 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PangurBan] Hikes around Ampang [In reply to] Can't Post

ooh... how would i get there? not sure where they are :p

jaui
Novice

Apr 28, 2009, 8:59 PM

Post #6 of 20 (23112 views)
Shortcut

wow... that looks really nice... might take you up on that suggestion. should only be abt 20mins on the faster highway so i think my afghan won't mind too much...

time to get fit with my dog!

PangurBan
Old Kaki

Apr 28, 2009, 9:17 PM

Post #7 of 20 (23111 views)
Shortcut

Look up these coordinates in Google Earth:

1 Taman Rimba Ampang:
3° 9'3.36"N 101°47'34.21"E

2 Klang Gates Reservoir:
3°14'8.23"N 101°45'5.20"E

There's also the hike up to the razorback quartzite ridge that you can see from all over Ampang. The views from up there are fantastic I'm told, but perhaps you don't want to bring your Afghan walking along the ridge itself.

I'll be bringing my schnauzer to Nr 1 or 2 soon. If you ask nicely you can come along.

Vic Tea
Enthusiast

Apr 29, 2009, 12:38 AM

Post #8 of 20 (23093 views)
Shortcut

The place I went with my doberman is not a park but a lakeside pavement along Persiaran Tasik, near Cyber Heights Villa (Resident) and Cyberview Villa Garden (Resort). The sidewalk pavement along the lakeside is very long and very very few people.......so that mean no muslim visitors to offend....u know lah. U can off leash your dog there.

Talk about muslim having dogs..check out this malay guy, he owned more than 50 dogs.

www.juara-rott.com.my

jaui
Novice

Apr 29, 2009, 12:48 AM

Post #9 of 20 (23089 views)
Shortcut

thanks for the coordinates! I'll use it on my GPS to find the place.

I plan to walk my dog there on saturdays in the early evenings or maybe sunday early evenings... should be good fun :)

i'll ask nicely if i can't find the place!!

jaui
Novice

Apr 29, 2009, 12:50 AM

Post #10 of 20 (23087 views)
Shortcut

yeah, i know that area. a friend of mine lives around there and has a dog himself (malay too!)... i actually know quite a few malays who own dogs or don't mind them... it's just the ones that i keep bumping into on my walks that take some offence, nothing drastic though, although i think that's because my dog scares them a bit cos he's so big! haha...

i'm looking forward to bringing my dog there soon! he can finally get a good run - and that means i have to keep up with him!

Vic Tea
Enthusiast

Apr 29, 2009, 3:52 AM

Post #11 of 20 (23077 views)
Shortcut

Malaysia will be a better country if more people love dogs!cAnd, hopefully, we could force this so called "muslim" government to open dog parks...just like in USA.

philiphoh
Dog Kichi

Apr 29, 2009, 7:01 AM

Post #12 of 20 (23069 views)
Shortcut

Hi there,

Is hard to find good place but right now central park 1 utam can bring dogs for walk especially every sunday they have mka obedience training there.normally i just bring my dog walk ard our area.. on leash & the malay is ok with it.. Meanhile I also bring my dogs to other places lor.. like this coming 1st may we organize a trip to sekinchan beach & my friend seafood restaurant allow dogs... u can join us if interested..

my email : philipyijia@h.o.t.m.a.i.l.com

Vic Tea
Enthusiast

Apr 29, 2009, 9:58 PM

Post #13 of 20 (23042 views)
Shortcut
Re: [philiphoh] Hikes around Ampang [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there!

If u owned a small or toy breed dogs, then you could do almost everything with your dog...u could even sneak your dog into a hotel room too...Sly. And, this breed do not need a lot of excercise. unlike, big breed, which require plenty of excercise. And, most people are afraid of big breed dog leh., even the so called dog lovers ( small breed dog lovers).

philiphoh
Dog Kichi

Apr 30, 2009, 1:40 AM

Post #14 of 20 (23026 views)
Shortcut

well whether is big or small breed is still a dog so when you decided to take them up you must be responsible for their life. I owns 4 dogs 2 big breed (Golden) & 2 shihtzu. So thats why I bring them out everywhere.. So we are going sekinchan this Friday..Hooray... Wanna Join.. haha....

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Apr 30, 2009, 6:52 PM

Post #15 of 20 (22977 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

Nadia says she'll call you to suggest a few places. Just remember dun let that naughty boy off leash.. He is extremely unreliable off leash and I have lost him before when he goes trekking with me. He can really run like wind. Lucky I manage to find him.. Maybe you can get the retractable collar for him so you don't have to run as fast as he does ... Smile

~Nature's Way: Raw Food for Health ~

~ Pet ID Tags: A MUST For Every Pet! ~

chaelian
Dog Kichi

Jun 15, 2009, 5:40 AM

Post #16 of 20 (22547 views)
Shortcut
Re: Hikes around Ampang [In reply to] Can't Post

Canine Country Club (CCC) is a private dog park in Taman Melawati which will be open on Saturday mornings starting August. Free Open Day sessions will be organised in mid-July.

Our website caninecountryclub.yolasite.com is still under construction but you should check it out at the end of June for more details.

Hope this helps!

wow_wow
Novice

Sep 25, 2009, 6:54 PM

Post #17 of 20 (22063 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chaelian] Hikes around Ampang [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi! Where is this CCC located and may I know the contact number of this person who owns the park because no website exists when I click the link I would love to bring my dogs there tomorrow or next weekend. Thank you!

(This post was edited by wow_wow on Sep 25, 2009, 6:55 PM)

chaelian
Dog Kichi

Sep 25, 2009, 10:05 PM

Post #18 of 20 (22050 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wow_wow] Hikes around Ampang [In reply to] Can't Post

Apologies, the correct website is clubmutt.yolasite.com. Click on Canine Country Club tab for map and instructions.

We will be there tomorrow 7:30am so if you're still keen to join, please SMS me at 012 3225069 to confirm.

Chae Lian

barbweber
New User

Sep 5, 2010, 12:05 AM

Post #19 of 20 (20346 views)
Shortcut

So dogs are allowed at Taman Rimba Ampang?

cajoley
New User

Nov 17, 2010, 8:11 PM

Post #20 of 20 (18567 views)
Shortcut

www.furkids.posterous.com for dog friendly places.

Please maintain these places clean. Pick up Poo Poo and No Pee Pee on beds/sofa.

Have fun,
The furkids
www.furkids.posterous.com
The Furkids,
www.furkids.posterous.com
Keep the Place CLEAN
Pick up Poo Poo.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my