Home: Dog & Puppy Health: Skin Conditions and Diseases:
Help! My Lab Skin Reddish

Stephanie.Lee
Novice

Apr 22, 2009, 5:45 PM

Post #1 of 6 (3899 views)
Shortcut
Help! My Lab Skin Reddish Can't Post

Hi, i want to seek some advice for my mix breed of Labrador puppy. Currently, she in 5 months old.Yet, she been scratching over her body for this few days, now her skin look reddish and the spot turn into dried already. I try to apply some chinese med on her reddish area,it seem getting better. I'm so worry on her skin condition now.What shall i do other then bringing her to the Vet.Frown

Janz
Dog Kichi

Apr 22, 2009, 5:50 PM

Post #2 of 6 (3893 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Stephanie.Lee] Help! My Lab Skin Reddish [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Stephanie,

I think shld be skin problem... Tis happenned to my shih tzu also... I suggest u bring her to the vet to chk n find out wat causes the allergy...
Frown Regards from Smarty (In Luving Memory) & Maxter Frown

Stephanie.Lee
Novice

Apr 22, 2009, 6:02 PM

Post #3 of 6 (3890 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Janz] Help! My Lab Skin Reddish [In reply to] Can't Post

How bout you shit tzu ? you bought your puppy to Vet as well ? how is your puppy condition look like ? i just can't firgured out what cause it happened ?I feeding my puppy with Natural Balance food.

Janz
Dog Kichi

Apr 22, 2009, 6:41 PM

Post #4 of 6 (3882 views)
Shortcut

Maxter skin problem started wen he' still puppy... A lot ppl said tht shih tzu r prone to skin problem... It looks reddish on the spot he scrathes, sumtimes there's tiny pimple look alike... wen it dried up, looks like dandruff... Yup, i bring him to the vet... tht 1st the vet said it might caused by the floor detergent... The detergent might irritated the skin then the pup wil start to scratch.... then i was advised to use only water to clean the floor... but it doesnt improved... Then i went back to the vet, tis time the vet said might cause by the food... So i changed his food from eukanuba to addiction which is vegetarian formula... but maxter doesnt seem to like it but his skin had improved... So, i mix a lil of canned food as advised by the vet... I also went to few other vets but the advised given almost the same... after the addiction, i changed to acana... he luv it but his skin prob started again... so i guess its bcoz he's allergy to chicken and mutton... I dun feed him beef... now he's on blackwood cat fish... there's still mild skin prob on and off... i wil still apply the cream given by the vet n wil give him antihistamine if he scrathes badly to stop him from scrathing... I guess in maxter case, tis might be genetic prob as his father and mother also got tis type of skin prob on and off...

As for ur pup, i think u shld bring to the vet...

Stephanie.Lee
Novice

Apr 22, 2009, 7:22 PM

Post #5 of 6 (3874 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Janz] Help! My Lab Skin Reddish [In reply to] Can't Post

As in your view point, does this issue serious in every puppy? Cos it may be happen on & off. My pup seem normal.My dog food is pure vegetarian type.

Janz
Dog Kichi

Apr 22, 2009, 7:53 PM

Post #6 of 6 (3866 views)
Shortcut

Btw, wats ur defination of serious? lead to death? Tis may not lead to the death of a pup, but the pup will be restless and keep scratching... they wil look normal, eat normal n wil be active too... but if its too itchy n the pup scrathing badly, it might cause hair loss... u may find patches of bold at the body... later he wil reluctant to play as he wil be busy scrathing and will not be able to sleep well at nite... its better to treat it at the beginning stage n consult the vet for the causes.... Since u said ur pup is on pure vegetarian diet, then i think its not the food... it might be other causes... fyi, the environment also might be the cause... i dun mean tht ur place is dirty... sumtimes they might allergy to dusts, floor detergent, the dish washer as we use to wash their bowl, even cigarrete smokes too... in order to find out, u need to visit the vet...

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my