Home: Lost & Found: Lost, Missing or Stolen Dogs:
Found a friendly dog

luv_leehom517
K9 Maniac

Apr 19, 2009, 4:48 AM

Post #1 of 20 (2612 views)
Shortcut
Found a friendly dog Can't Post

I found a friendly male dog around my neighbourhood juz now..probaly is a mongrel mix spitz..is brown colour..male one..around 1 year+..looks like monrel but has very furry tail(like spitz)..i think is a lost dog..coz his nech has been shaved/groomed..neck's fur very short..maybe is been thru some threatment or something..with round eyes..has been around here for few days..

im not able to take him it coz he's full of ticks n mites..n he keeps on waiting in front of the gate..so we open it n he walks out..very friendly n obedient dog..he knows how to sit..he is currently wandering around our neighbourhood or lying down in front of our gate..we feed his kibbles n bread n a bit of rice today..he finished everything..coz he has been starved for a few days..we hope his owner will claim him soon..

n pls pass this message around if ur fren/relatives/etc lost a dog around old klang road n look similiar to this description pls email me at j.e.a.n.s.i.o.w.@.h.o.t.m.a.i.l. or call me at 0123519100(after 7.45 pm )n if nobody claims him..he will be up for adoption..

ThanksFrown

Veanne
K9 Maniac

Apr 19, 2009, 6:01 AM

Post #2 of 20 (2609 views)
Shortcut
Re: [luv_leehom517] Found a friendly dog [In reply to] Can't Post

really hope the dog and the owner can reunite... sure the owner will be missing his dog... i miss my dog too... hopefully he's doing great

~L0v3 SHIRO 4 EveR~

Sashan
Enthusiast

Apr 19, 2009, 4:00 PM

Post #3 of 20 (2601 views)
Shortcut

If he allows you to handle him, take a cloth and dip it into a anti tick solution, rub it all over him till his fur is damp. It will kill the ticks and mites it comes into contact with. If you can wet him and rinse him with the solution of course :)

I have to do it today to a dog I'm fostering. Got fleas aaaaaarrrghhhhhh!

At least after a 2 weeks they will all be dead. Must not give them time to hop into my garden :)

(This post was edited by Sashan on Apr 19, 2009, 4:01 PM)

luv_leehom517
K9 Maniac

Apr 19, 2009, 9:20 PM

Post #4 of 20 (2588 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sashan] Found a friendly dog [In reply to] Can't Post

my tick shampoo juz finished la..can use the dettol bar soap or those saop tat is anti bacteria??he juz now come to my house again..i fed him with a big bowl of kibbles..he finished everything..if i use the mop floor punya detol can?coz tat one can kill bacteria..Frown

Janz
Dog Kichi

Apr 19, 2009, 10:47 PM

Post #5 of 20 (2583 views)
Shortcut

Hie,

Is the dog still look healthy? Since u said there's a lot of ticks on its body n u've seen him wondering in ur neighbourhood for weeks, i worry he might attack by ticks fever... tis can kill the dog if left untreated... Dogs ph are different from human ph... mayb u can try to get the frontline ticks coller for him... or call up the pet rescuer n chk if they able to help tis poor dog...
Frown Regards from Smarty (In Luving Memory) & Maxter Frown

Sashan
Enthusiast

Apr 20, 2009, 4:03 AM

Post #6 of 20 (2576 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Janz] Found a friendly dog [In reply to] Can't Post

Dettol only kills germs, won't kill ticks unfortunately. Frontline is expensive :P Just go to the vet/pet shop and buy tick medicine. Its like RM10 a bottle, use 1mil per litre for a rinse (I usually make about 2L and rinse the damp dog, don't like a thick solution cuz my dogs are small). MUCH cheaper :P bit smelly tho. Think the original one is called Baycol from Bayer. Been some time since I bought that

luv_leehom517
K9 Maniac

Apr 20, 2009, 4:21 AM

Post #7 of 20 (2573 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Janz] Found a friendly dog [In reply to] Can't Post

yup..he is very healthy..until hyper active..jumping at ppl..very very playful la...i read from a web side..use the sliced lemon n orange's skin..soak in hot water..then wait until the next day spray on the dog will remove the ticks n miter wor..n give garlic oso..hmm...the last time i saw him is this evening..he was sleeping in front of someboday's house..wander where is he now??Frown

(This post was edited by luv_leehom517 on Apr 20, 2009, 4:24 AM)

luv_leehom517
K9 Maniac

Apr 20, 2009, 5:01 AM

Post #8 of 20 (2570 views)
Shortcut

let me try da lemon thingy first ah..see whether effetive anot..btw..hv u tried to feed them garlic?not garlic tablet..as in real garlic..Frown

Sashan
Enthusiast

Apr 20, 2009, 8:03 AM

Post #9 of 20 (2565 views)
Shortcut

Garlic is apparently bad for dogs :(

Veanne
K9 Maniac

Apr 20, 2009, 9:01 AM

Post #10 of 20 (2563 views)
Shortcut

yea... garlic actually is not good for dogs.. because it actually contain sulfoxides and disulfides, which can damage red blood cells and cause anemia.. Garlic is actually less toxic than onions. but then garlic is also part of the onion family.. In a large doses of it, may cause dermatitis and asthma... Some people may use garlic tablets as a natural flea repellent.. but always remember to follow the doses carefully..

~L0v3 SHIRO 4 EveR~

Sashan
Enthusiast

Apr 20, 2009, 3:09 PM

Post #11 of 20 (2556 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Veanne] Found a friendly dog [In reply to] Can't Post

I read it was Brewer's Yeast tablets before as a flea repellent ... doesn't work, tried it. hehe

Veanne
K9 Maniac

Apr 20, 2009, 5:54 PM

Post #12 of 20 (2546 views)
Shortcut

i never tried those tablet (garlic tablet) before... so, im not sure how it works... ^^

~L0v3 SHIRO 4 EveR~

luv_leehom517
K9 Maniac

Apr 20, 2009, 7:19 PM

Post #13 of 20 (2537 views)
Shortcut

if a 'tablet' leh?not the real tablet...as in i peel one from the whole garlic..ak ar?anyway..im spraying the lemon thingy tonight...Winkgonna give him a bath during this weekend..gotong-royong clean this fella up!Wink

Veanne
K9 Maniac

Apr 21, 2009, 2:02 AM

Post #14 of 20 (2521 views)
Shortcut

o.O im not sure orh.. never used it... o.O

~L0v3 SHIRO 4 EveR~

khengteik
ALPHA

Apr 21, 2009, 11:34 PM

Post #15 of 20 (2490 views)
Shortcut

one suggestion.... hope its not too late.....

After mandikan the fella.... shave him botak.... :p kau tim

A dog is a man's most loyal friend.

Veanne
K9 Maniac

Apr 22, 2009, 12:23 AM

Post #16 of 20 (2489 views)
Shortcut
Re: [khengteik] Found a friendly dog [In reply to] Can't Post

LOL... nice suggestion... 100% settled... not need to think so much some more...

~L0v3 SHIRO 4 EveR~

Sashan
Enthusiast

Apr 22, 2009, 1:13 AM

Post #17 of 20 (2483 views)
Shortcut

Then enter the "Worlds Ugliest Dog" competition, win prize money. Dog supports himself! :p

icelads

Apr 22, 2009, 3:38 AM

Post #18 of 20 (2478 views)
Shortcut

Can't imagine how your dog (unfriendly dog) react towards this friendly dog :)

luv_leehom517
K9 Maniac

Apr 22, 2009, 4:41 AM

Post #19 of 20 (2474 views)
Shortcut
Re: [icelads] Found a friendly dog [In reply to] Can't Post

she keeps on barking la..then the dog terus makan..dun even bother to abrk bac at her...Tongue

Veanne
K9 Maniac

Apr 22, 2009, 10:45 AM

Post #20 of 20 (2460 views)
Shortcut

haha.. last time when i adopted shiro... his fur all tangled... then shaved him botak.. haha.. so funny... i forget to take his picture that time.. LOL...

should organize the competition last time.. haha... then my shiro can join... maybe can win o.O

~L0v3 SHIRO 4 EveR~

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my