My dog bite furniture!!!!

wahthye
Dog Kichi

Mar 31, 2009, 6:43 AM

Post #1 of 14 (12464 views)
Shortcut
My dog bite furniture!!!! Can't Post

lately my dog bite door frame and the latest my build-in study table Unsure

he bite it when im not around, tht y i cant scold n stop him immediately. anyone can help me wt it?

Frown

wendy_lee
Novice

Mar 31, 2009, 5:29 PM

Post #2 of 14 (12454 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wahthye] My dog bite furniture!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

try to buy some chewing bones for him. Or those dental care bones for him to chew. My pup lik to chew my socks but after i bought him the chewing bones. He stopped doing so. Wink

nikemax
Novice

Apr 1, 2009, 4:14 PM

Post #3 of 14 (12440 views)
Shortcut

it is reasonably expected for the dog to chew on something, especially a growing puppy, which their jaws muscle tned to move more. As advised, try to buy your pup some chewing toys or seek for the vet advice.

wahthye
Dog Kichi

Apr 1, 2009, 5:28 PM

Post #4 of 14 (12438 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nikemax] My dog bite furniture!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

i bought him so many toys.... the prob is all his toys is inside the room also. the worst... he play for a while only, then never touch the toy already. god! all those dog's toy is so expensive also....FrownFrown

this morning he bited the door frame... god! bite until the door frame almost come out. Pirate

wendy_lee
Novice

Apr 1, 2009, 6:01 PM

Post #5 of 14 (12435 views)
Shortcut

owh.. then no choice lol.. or u dun give him all his toys at one go. Keep some first and change to other ones another time. If still cannot then u just give him wood stick to bite la.. haha jkjk Laugh

mizeakira

Apr 1, 2009, 10:12 PM

Post #6 of 14 (12428 views)
Shortcut

I guess you have to keep on monitoring him when you have the time to. Stop him immediately when he bites the furniture and give him his toy.

Or maybe you can buy some sort of spray from the pet shop that prevent puppies from biting. Don't mind me asking, what kind of toys do you give him? Hard ones or soft ones?
FrownmizeakiraFrown

wahthye
Dog Kichi

Apr 2, 2009, 5:55 PM

Post #7 of 14 (12418 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mizeakira] My dog bite furniture!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

he not bite when im or someone around. only do it when alone or nite time :(

i bought him a rubber ball (small n big size), rubber bone (soft n hard), tug n war robe (short n long), nylon bone and a soft teddy bear also 2 towels for him to play also.

i keep buying once he bored wt the toys.... damn! hehe
everytime he bite... sure i scold him, sometimes i beat him or even slap him. but seems like not work also.

as usual.... he will show his pity face to me... lolz
*his watery eyes make me sayang him again FrownFrownFrown

mizeakira

Apr 2, 2009, 6:09 PM

Post #8 of 14 (12414 views)
Shortcut

Maybe you can try kong toys because you can stuff food inside which might not bored him out that quickly.

Or maybe you can give him some raw chicken neck so that he will bite the bones and food instead of your furniture.

My toy poodle will bite my things sometimes but now as she gets older she is getting better. I always catch her red handed and stop her immediately.

I hope your dog will stop his biting habit one day.
FrownmizeakiraFrown

wahthye
Dog Kichi

Apr 3, 2009, 5:11 AM

Post #9 of 14 (12401 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mizeakira] My dog bite furniture!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

opsss then he got 2 kong toys also. hehe but no use also Unsure

chic neck? mmmm i think less than a min he kautim 1 chic neck already. hehe

nvm lor~ hope he not bite anymore FrownFrown

sometime when i beat him, i wonder he know y i beat him or not... hehe

mizeakira

Apr 3, 2009, 2:38 PM

Post #10 of 14 (12390 views)
Shortcut

Actually if you didn't catch him biting and beat him, I guess it wont work cos he dunno what he did wrong.

Maybe you can buy those bitter spray for furniture. Maybe the taste will annoy him.
FrownmizeakiraFrown

icelads

Apr 3, 2009, 9:54 PM

Post #11 of 14 (12380 views)
Shortcut

Hi Wahthye,

what breed is your dog? from your posting, sounds very familliar, i guess is a french bulldog like mine??

wahthye
Dog Kichi

Apr 4, 2009, 1:30 AM

Post #12 of 14 (12376 views)
Shortcut
Re: [icelads] My dog bite furniture!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

mine one... Bernese Mountain Dog

aiya... this morning i caught him bite my living hall door, i shouted n slapped him.

then this afternoon, when im outside watching tv, he bite my study room's door, then i caught him n shouted at him again.

damn! then he bited dining hall's door this time. wah!!!! this time i cant control already. used rotan to slap on his face for few times n he bite me back. now banned him already. dont want pamper n talk to him already.

hope he knw tht he done sthg wrong FrownFrown

tomoro wanna buy those spray already... hope is not too costly la.

AngelBee_85
Dog Kichi

Apr 29, 2009, 6:43 PM

Post #13 of 14 (11901 views)
Shortcut

Try other options such as chaining him... when he does that, chain him up in a corner! make sure you tell him what is his fault! make him sniff the door and chain him since smacking the little devil doesn't help. I used to have this problem but he chews on shoes... sekali my father was so angry cause he bite my dad's slipper and my dad slap his mouth with the slipper (i know it's sounds very violent) but after that he never dare to chew any shoes or slippers anymore... ofcuz in your case it would be very imposible to smack it with the door or the door frame... Laugh so maybe this is another option...

Good Luck!!

Janz
Dog Kichi

Apr 29, 2009, 7:39 PM

Post #14 of 14 (11895 views)
Shortcut

Pls do not slap him wiz the rotan on his face.... do u ever think wat if the rotan kena his eye? he might get blind.... I knw its irritating as he kept bitting tis n tht in the hse but u muz have the patient to teach him and not simply whacked him... bring him to the area where he did his mistake n show to him and say "NO" in a stern way... then slightly slap wiz mouth wiz ur hand NOT ROTAN... So tht he wil knw what he have done wrong...
Frown Regards from Smarty (In Luving Memory) & Maxter Frown

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my