Market Survey: pet restaurant in Malaysia

valedictorian
New User

Mar 16, 2009, 7:34 AM

Post #1 of 3 (6538 views)
Shortcut
Market Survey: pet restaurant in Malaysia Can't Post

Hello fellow Pupz Loverzz Frown,

I am currently planning to do a market survey in opening a pet restaurant in Malaysia. I am not local but i certainly do understand the Muslim culture existence in Malaysia.

For me, correct me if i am wrong, to have pets in the restaurant in Mall does not violate Muslims taboo in having dog in public places. the theory is as same as having a Dog in the pet shop, for those who are not comfortable with it, do not stay close or get in to the pet shop.

because of this, i am planning to open a 100% pet restaurant in Malaysia.

the concept of restaurant will be emphasising in healthy diets for both Owners and their Dogs.

We will be having separate kitchen and chef to prepare Human and Dogs foods. Owners and Pets can have their meal in the same spot.

do you, Malaysia, think this is workable due to political and social factors? and If this restaurant is launched will you spend your resources to indulge in this restaurant. and how much will You be willing to trade the service?

any suggestion, comment and critics are MOST welcome Frown

icelads

Mar 16, 2009, 8:06 PM

Post #2 of 3 (6526 views)
Shortcut
Re: [valedictorian] Market Survey: pet restaurant in Malaysia [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Valedictorian,

I'm not sure if it is workable in Malaysia, but if there is a shop like this, as a consumer & dog owner, i will bring my dog to the restaurant to give it a try.

t0iT0i

Apr 5, 2009, 2:30 PM

Post #3 of 3 (6393 views)
Shortcut
Re: [valedictorian] Market Survey: pet restaurant in Malaysia [In reply to] Can't Post

Your idea is good but whether will it is workable or not, I really can't give you an answer. There is a lot of Chinese/Indian bring dog to Chinese hawker stall for dinner or supper. I’m one of them. Shop lot will be more convenient than the restaurant inside the mall.

I did have this idea before whether to have a pet supermall/hospital in Malaysia but it is just a dream. For Malaysian, price sometime will be a concern. Either you are aiming for high income consumer or your price is reasonable and affordable for everyone. Mean while, the taste of the food is very important too if not you will end up with everyone just bring their pet to your restaurant and order a drink then your revenue will be far away lower than what you are expected.

Last time I had my supper with my friend, suddenly I think if a restaurant comes with cage with automated payment mechanism, people can bring along their pets to anyway and no worry if there is a sudden call for meeting or gathering.

Anyway, good luck to you.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my