Home: Behavioral Problems: Peeing and Poo Problem:
I'm at wits end =(

phurryice
Novice

Mar 15, 2009, 2:53 AM

Post #1 of 15 (10740 views)
Shortcut
I'm at wits end =( Can't Post

My 2 month old rottie mix gsd is peeing and pooping everywhere i tell her not to. I tried scolding her by looking into her eyes as suggested but she doesn't seem to get it. I have smacked her butt when i catch her soiling places she shouldn't, placing newspapers for her to pee and poop but it's not working.

she also have biting problems so the newspapers get shredded instead of working as the toilet.

HELP.Unsure

zephyros
Canine Addict

Mar 17, 2009, 12:25 AM

Post #2 of 15 (10727 views)
Shortcut
Re: [phurryice] I'm at wits end =( [In reply to] Can't Post

she's only 2 months old hehe. some learn faster than others, and catching her during the act is too late already. needs to be before the act. try to get the timing of the toilet for your pup. move your pup to a small area where the toilet area is. she'll pick up the idea soon enough. the reason some pups are slower than other's is ebcause of the area the pup gets to roam. the bigger the area, the harder it is for the pup to get it right the first time. decrease the roaming area. if newspaper doesn't work just give her a tray. scolding during and after the mistake doesn't always work, and sometimes will backfire. your pup will be so afraid of you, that she'll soon start to hold her business in and when ur not looking or find a place that u will not usually see to do business to avoid scolding. they learn faster with compliments than scolding.

try ur best to get the times, or just confine her to the toilet area after food. pups usually have to go after eating or every hour or two depending on their bladder maturity. get the timing and work on that. if the pup did a mistake remove the pup from the area before u clean. avoid eye contact during the cleaning. this is so avoid any misunderstanding on the pup's side....attention from you to the pup for making the mistake. that is somethign u wanna avoid.

hope it helps. don't give up, it's still a pup. u didn't learn to use the toilet till u were able to walk anyway which was even longer than 2 months :D

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 17, 2009, 3:24 PM

Post #3 of 15 (10720 views)
Shortcut

Do you bark when you talk to your dog? Or do you speak human language? How is the dog supposed to understand human language and commands if it is not taught? Also when you are 2 months old do you think you will not pee and poo in your pants even if your mum told you not to? Think about it. Having a pup is same as a human baby. You have to bear with all the mistake and mischieviousness until they grow older and learn through proper training.

The good thing is after 2 yrs old most dogs are considered adult and hardly have all the puppy problems but for humans at 2 yrs old they are still very naughty still don't listen to their parents..

~Nature's Way: Raw Food for Health ~

~ Pet ID Tags: A MUST For Every Pet! ~

phurryice
Novice

Mar 17, 2009, 7:24 PM

Post #4 of 15 (10710 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acsyen] I'm at wits end =( [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Do you bark when you talk to your dog? Or do you speak human language? How is the dog supposed to understand human language and commands if it is not taught? Also when you are 2 months old do you think you will not pee and poo in your pants even if your mum told you not to? Think about it. Having a pup is same as a human baby. You have to bear with all the mistake and mischieviousness until they grow older and learn through proper training.

I don't see why you have to talk like that. I get it that I don't know how to bark for it to understand, hence to teach my pups I still have to talk in human language, am i not? For it to be taught, if i need to bark for it to understand than perhaps you can share a few words in dog language?

Maybe it is my mistake to omit the fact that I am new in puppy caregiving so you assume i'm some tyrant impatient owner.

if you have tips to aid me, please share. if not kindly save yourself the trouble from coming over here.

phsiau
Novice

Apr 17, 2009, 11:01 PM

Post #5 of 15 (10364 views)
Shortcut

Dog pee and poo always make people sick...
sometime problem is not the dog is the human problem dog love attention if your house is more than 2 people give him attention you will face pee poo problem.
My dog GR 2+ yrs i whacked him if i found pee poo pin him to the pee poo and slap their mouth is work.. but my wife love them too much and give them too much attention until out of control..
they know what time i go to work they don pee poo later my wife out to do her household work the dog pee everywhere cos the dog want her attention and play so when i find out this so patient i let her do all this washing..
Don't let your dog over your head everyone in the house have to whacked him if the dog done something wrong.. i don pity them they are animal.. look at the dog trainer when training a jack russell they use shock chain to pull until they have to obey the rule.

wendy_lee
Novice

Apr 18, 2009, 5:45 PM

Post #6 of 15 (10341 views)
Shortcut
Re: [phsiau] I'm at wits end =( [In reply to] Can't Post

hai,

I dun agree with you that whacking them is a good way. My bf likes to whack my dog when he pee and poo around. End up, he rather hold it until i come home then he will pee or poo on the newspaper. Once they done it at the right place, "good boy/girl" say in soft way and treats works better than whacking. But of course, we need to give them sometime to let them know their peeing and poo spot. Once they done it on the wrong place, rub the pee/poo using a piece of newpaper and lead them to the place you prefer them to do it. Do this repeatedly. Im sure they will learn it very soon. This is just my personal opinion. Frown

Janz
Dog Kichi

Apr 18, 2009, 7:34 PM

Post #7 of 15 (10337 views)
Shortcut

PUNISHMENT is not the solution... and i strongly do not agree on tis type of method... ... Dogs/pets are juz like our own baby.. Do u actualli whack ur son/daughter like tht? There's r children tht pee/urinated in their sleep and wake up to found out the bed is wet... wat wil u do? pin ur child face on the urine? PLS do treat those voiceless animals wiz luv juz like how u wil treat ur childrens... Im sure if tht happen on ur child, u wil talk to them n teach them the what's right...

Dear Crystal,

Im sure u too wil not agree by treating Roxy tis way... i knw u luv them to bits...
Frown Regards from Smarty (In Luving Memory) & Maxter Frown

luv_leehom517
K9 Maniac

Apr 18, 2009, 11:50 PM

Post #8 of 15 (10332 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Janz] I'm at wits end =( [In reply to] Can't Post

LOL!push their face to the pee...haha..for ur puppy...i think is too young la..some ppl say younger dog easier to train..well i dun think sooo..coz i think puppy very stuborn n very active one..difficult to train..like my dogg...1 year old learn to sit..2 years old learn don n shake hand..3 years old learn stay n left hand right hand n high five..haha..dun try too young la..
Frown

btw..train doggie to toilet is not very hard..u hv to know when ur dog will pee...then if ur dog sleeps with u easier..u let her sleep with u..around her pee time..then keep her leash short..(tied on ur bed)..then first few time sure she will pee in ur room one..Frowndun get angry..try to talk to her in calm voice..then bring her to the toilet..say 'shh shh'..Frownrepeat it..around ur doggie pee time..dun whack her too hard..n everytime if she wanted to pee(muz keep her leash short) she will whine..coz she know peeing in the room is wrong..then u hv to immediatelly bring her to toilet...u n her stay inside..lock the door up..untill she peed/pooped..praise her n give her a bit of treat..she'll learn very fast..even sometimes u let her in the house..she wanna pee..she will go toilet..good luck!Wink

phsiau
Novice

Apr 20, 2009, 5:28 PM

Post #9 of 15 (10292 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Janz] I'm at wits end =( [In reply to] Can't Post

YES I agree you love your dog very much and i have my way to love my dog too...... Of Course i won't whacked my childrens when they wet the bed do you know why...... they was given a name call HUMAN BEING ... unlike you to accept an animal as your BABY.

luv_leehom517
K9 Maniac

Apr 21, 2009, 6:46 AM

Post #10 of 15 (10279 views)
Shortcut

but well..hv u ever heard of some news..like doggie saves owner?it makes me feels like dog r better than human sometimes..no offence her..u see ar..human when they grow up they'll hv their own life..n someeven will betray their own parents..but dogs r always loyal..do u think all the huamn will sacrify themselves for their parents..well..i dunt hink so..but dogs will..for their OWNER..for a person tat has no blood relationship with it!Wink

phsiau
Novice

Apr 21, 2009, 6:38 PM

Post #11 of 15 (10271 views)
Shortcut
Re: [luv_leehom517] I'm at wits end =( [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh i see ... now i know you worth of what.....
hv you heard dog kill his owner ... this happen to my neighbour and die within 1 week is true not joke..
Of course human in the world never sacrifice his life for another human or parent but i know only one is LORD JESUS who do that for you and me..

Janz
Dog Kichi

Apr 22, 2009, 5:24 PM

Post #12 of 15 (10250 views)
Shortcut

Hello!!! We're talking bout DOGS here NOT GOD... btw, wat do u mean by "now i know you worth of what..... "? It sounds like an insult...

Yaya... u r RIGHT!!! I've read an article saying "When we (human) kill a dog, its no big deal but when we (human) killed by a dog, IT'S SUCH A BIG ISSUE"... Now i knw u r one of them whom the article mentioned.... y? is it bcoz their (dogs) lives not as valuable as us, human? We can beat/treat those creatures cruelly juz bcoz they r voiceless? Juz think the other way, if u r in their shoes, how would u feel? Wat goes around, comes around.... Onli human need luv, cares, respects?

luv_leehom517
K9 Maniac

Apr 24, 2009, 7:03 AM

Post #13 of 15 (10209 views)
Shortcut

well.i i believe Jesus has sacrifies himselves for us..n im sure u know that ALL living things are created by GOD..n the bibble teaches us to LOVE EVERYONE IN THE WAY GOD LOVES U..soo..do u think we shd respect everything that is created by god?..including dogs..from wat u hv wrote..i believe u loves dog..but u doesnt treat them as a family..n loves it juz as a 'pet'..and i believe God created everything as he has his own reason..so pls respect others too..as what Janz says try to think that if u're a dog..n human juz treat them badly..how will u feel..

n what do u mean by 'now i know you worth of what'..pls mind ur own lauguage as it sounds like an insults..FrownFrown

phsiau
Novice

Apr 24, 2009, 6:14 PM

Post #14 of 15 (10202 views)
Shortcut
Re: [luv_leehom517] I'm at wits end =( [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank You for reminding me...
Go love your dog Frown

Janz
Dog Kichi

Apr 24, 2009, 9:01 PM

Post #15 of 15 (10198 views)
Shortcut

Yea, tht's what we r going and need not be reminded....

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my