Home: Dog and Puppy Training: Dog Obedience Training & General Training Topics:
Dog biting peoples hands.

bettawalk

Mar 8, 2009, 5:49 PM

Post #1 of 3 (6447 views)
Shortcut
Dog biting peoples hands. Can't Post

Hi guys,
I just got myself a German Shepperd puppy few weeks back. His born on the 1st of December last year and his been a rather interesting puppy to me. He catches tricks really fast, he enjoys playing with water and does not mind getting all wet and all, but.... the part I'm worried about is that...

He enjoys biting people! Just to play with him...

We do scold him "no!" when he does it and he does understand, though he whines around like a little kid not knowing why is he being scolded and does it again few minuets later.

Any idea how to train him not to bite? Or at least ... get him to cut it out with the mouth attacks.

Thanks guys :)

.:: King Of Toys , The Miniature Pincher ::.

mizeakira

Mar 9, 2009, 3:42 AM

Post #2 of 3 (6441 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bettawalk] Dog biting peoples hands. [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

Puppies often do that. Usually I would say No and give them a toy that they can chew on. So that they will bite the toy and not your hands. Its a good training for them too.
FrownmizeakiraFrown

Vic Tea
Enthusiast

Mar 16, 2009, 4:29 AM

Post #3 of 3 (6378 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bettawalk] Dog biting peoples hands. [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there,

GSD is a working dog, that's why we use them to protect our house! 2 reasons why they bite:

1) Growing and changing teeths!

2) Dog use mouth is just like people use hand do things.

Get the right toys for your dog to bite. And, set yourself as the leader, otherwise, your dog will challenge your authority!

I make small pillow from used jean pants for my dog for bite training. The jean made pillow is for bite training and should not be given to your dog unattended. Use commercial bite toys (more durable and undestructable) for your dog if unattended.

Before Bite Training!

Bite Training

picasaweb.google.com/ckthee/ROLEXTheWatchDog

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my