First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

jacksontan
Novice

Feb 10, 2009, 8:04 PM

Post #51 of 59 (6932 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ai_ney] PUG - SKIN PROBLEMS - PLS ADVISE [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi All,

Just checked the forum today after 5 mths hiatus.

Purgymum, hope your pug gets well soon. Been busy last few months. But I am happy to say that Ben has been getting along very well since his last medical problemonths ago. No problems at all.

He is approx 12kgs now. I think he is pretty big for a pug coz he does not look fat. Just that he is too heavy to carry comfortably.

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Feb 10, 2009, 10:30 PM

Post #52 of 59 (6926 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jacksontan] PUG - SKIN PROBLEMS - PLS ADVISE [In reply to] Can't Post

hi jackson!

good to hear from u again after so long! great that Ben is doing very well... ya some pugs are just heavy but not particularly fat... keep in touch la... take care... Smile

Sookie's Photo Gallery
DON'T BREED AND BUY, WHILE HOMELESS ANIMALS DIE.
EVERY DOG SHOULD HAVE A HOME.

she1212
New User

Feb 26, 2009, 6:09 PM

Post #53 of 59 (6867 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Hi Ai_ney & acsyen,

Thanks for the info...etc.

I have been to Dr. Edmund. He also confirmed that its some bacterial infection. Ben was also treated for eye inflammation ( aiyo..)- this is quite serious la, cornea got swollen and inflamed, tot he's gonna go blind..luckily not a problem according to Doc.. Anyway he will be on 2 weeks antibiotics, eye cream and ear cream also....my gosh..the bill was really expensive. 2 months and already cost me a few hundred ringgit...if Ben does not get better, i will cry liao!!! petrol increase oredi added burden...heard dog food gonna increase price also. plus medication....

Anyway, will update once Ben gets better.

Will see if Ben is good enough to be at 1U park this Sunday. If you happen to see a pug will yellow spots ( due to iodine lotion ) on his back..u'll know he's Ben.

Oh, I did not manage to get and dog food from pet store..so I just bought One purina ( salmon ) for Ben...never tried this before..but salmon smell very strong. Anyone tried this before? Any comments? ..I tot it smelled like cat food.

Thanks!!

hi...my vet advice me not to get purina or pedigree brand because its salty and the mixture isnt good.
U have to go for super holistic or premium grade dog food, such as science plan, nutri edge, eagles pack.
Last time my pug tried once pedigree and purina, causing his fur drop a lots. Pug skin is very sensitive, thus have to very caution on their daily food.
FYI, pedigree and purina are under same company.

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Feb 26, 2009, 6:47 PM

Post #54 of 59 (6864 views)
Shortcut
Re: [she1212] PUG - SKIN PROBLEMS - PLS ADVISE [In reply to] Can't Post

science plan???? I think you should see this website. www.dogfoodanalysis.com and check some reviews and also can learn how to read the ingredients label there.

~Nature's Way: Raw Food for Health ~

~ Pet ID Tags: A MUST For Every Pet! ~

shchiam1978
Novice

Aug 10, 2009, 7:21 AM

Post #55 of 59 (5528 views)
Shortcut

Hi there. I am pretty new here and wish to have more pug lover friends here. My pug name is Hugo, didn't know that it is pretty common name in dogs world.
My hugo got skin issue recently especially near the legs. it's some kind of red spot and pretty itchy as i can see him scratching and biting at the same time. I have change the shampoo to earthbath brand )with oatmeal and alovera. Only use it once and seem like teh itchy is still there. By the way, Hugo took science Plan (Puppy) and i heard a lot about this food. I got a friend who recommended me Eagle plan.
Next week if his condition is still the same, i'll have to bring him to vet oledi. I am staying in cheras. Any recommendation? I heard that got 2 vets in leisure mall area there.
Hugo is lovely and naughty

shchiam1978
Novice

Aug 10, 2009, 7:24 AM

Post #56 of 59 (5525 views)
Shortcut

Hi Jackson,
Nice to know that u really care for your pug.

(This post was edited by shchiam1978 on Aug 10, 2009, 7:38 AM)

shchiam1978
Novice

Aug 10, 2009, 7:26 AM

Post #57 of 59 (5522 views)
Shortcut

Hi Ai ney,
Hope that you can share more of your experience in Pug.
I didn't know that i can't post e mail address here.

(This post was edited by shchiam1978 on Aug 10, 2009, 7:39 AM)

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 10, 2009, 8:19 PM

Post #58 of 59 (5506 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shchiam1978] PUG - SKIN PROBLEMS - PLS ADVISE [In reply to] Can't Post

hello,

i suggest u take Hugo to see a vet soonest possible... from my experience, the spots and itch won't go away easily... am just worried if the condition worsens... i stay in cheras too, but i dun go to the vets near leisure mall, due to past experiences with them... i go to dr edmund in puchong now...

pugs are highly sensitive when it comes to food... try giving Hugo a grain-free diet, eg. natural balance, orijen, addiction... they may be a bit more expensive though... food is really a trial n error process... food that works for my pug may not work for Hugo...

do join us at www.pugslife.org/group/malaysiapugclub... there is a pug gathering this 16 August... hope to see u n Hugo there! Cool

Sookie's Photo Gallery
DON'T BREED AND BUY, WHILE HOMELESS ANIMALS DIE.
EVERY DOG SHOULD HAVE A HOME.

shchiam1978
Novice

Aug 12, 2009, 7:06 AM

Post #59 of 59 (5484 views)
Shortcut

Hi Ai_Ney,
Well, I will bring Hugo for check up this coming weekend. It seem like the itchy is getting bad and the red spot is getting more. I do suspect that this could be the food (science Plan). Need to check out with doc about it.
Hugo now is a very happy fella. The only thing that i don't like is his potty. He seems like not well trained yet . but when i am around, he is behave.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my