Home: Dog Rescue and Adoption: Dogs for Adoption at SPCA:
Looking for puppy breeders in Sabah?

elzzia
New User

Dec 8, 2008, 7:04 PM

Post #1 of 12 (11451 views)
Shortcut
Looking for puppy breeders in Sabah? Can't Post

Hi, Im looking for dog breeders in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah. Im not so specific as to which breed of dog, since i dont want to limit myself and check out all the dogs that breeders have to offer. I also dont mind pet shops but they tend to be rather expensive, so if you know of a cheap one, yeah. Thanks alot!

Peenut
Dog Kichi

Dec 18, 2008, 9:35 PM

Post #2 of 12 (11348 views)
Shortcut
Re: [elzzia] Looking for puppy breeders in Sabah? [In reply to] Can't Post

You want to look for breeders, and many on top of that as not to set limitations to yourself? Go somewhere else and look for them yourself.

If you hadn't noticed, this particular thread in under "Dog Rescue and Adoption: Dogs for Adoption at SPCA"... Either you're merely blind or purely ignorant...

You don't know what kind of a dog you want, then how can you prepare yourself for the long journey ahead with dietary needs, medical needs, knowing how many times a day for how long you would have to walk your dog? The training and all can come with R&D, but the affordability is not a spurt of the moment thing... not ever when it comes to financing your dog anyway... Many people have to sadly give up their dogs just cos they didn't plan ahead and thought it would be easy breezy just having the dog there when they come home from work. These people are headless and truthfully speaking, it seems that you are too... Please, correct me if I'm wrong...

From your post, you are looking for a cheap cheap well-bred dog, for what I also don't know, don't understand and don't care.

If you want a Goldie, that's fine, a Roti, that's fine, a GSD, that's fine too, but you don't even know what you want!!!!!!!!

Do you want a dog of a particular breed so that you can show off to your friends that you've got a pretty lab or whatever sitting at home?

People like you anger me... All talk, no brains...

khengteik
ALPHA

Jan 10, 2009, 12:09 AM

Post #3 of 12 (11239 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Peenut] Looking for puppy breeders in Sabah? [In reply to] Can't Post

dont get all worked up... some ppl are just plain stupid... or blind.... or maybe idiotic..... well maybe all rolled into one.....

like you.. i've met my share of so called dog-lovers that know nothing about dogs.... but want pure breeds like GSD's, Labs, Doberman, etc etc.... but they not only do not know the health problems for the breed... or what food to feed them.... think should not call them dog lovers... should call them dog-show-offs.... to own a dog is more difficult to have a baby.... and this is the part that alot of people do not understand...

most people just think that dog is just an animal... but to some of us.... dogs are more then just an animal... they are our friend... companion and also our loved one....

A dog is a man's most loyal friend.

Peenut
Dog Kichi

Jan 10, 2009, 1:36 AM

Post #4 of 12 (11230 views)
Shortcut
Re: [khengteik] Looking for puppy breeders in Sabah? [In reply to] Can't Post

I completely agree 100000000% with you!!!

My husband and I have been calculating, contemplating, considering getting our last addition, a golden retriever...

She's lovely and wonderful to teach, but nevertheless, grooming, daily brushing, proper food, vitamins, the skin must be well washed as to avoid dermatitis and most of all, we fear hip problems. Touch wood, she doesn't show any signs of it yet, but then again, she is only 2++ months old...

We waited for 3 years before acquiring a puppy that was not from a mill, that was healthy, from healthy parents, etc.

Sigh, it breaks my heart to know that, as you said, these 'dog-show-offs' call themselves dog-lovers... At the end of the day, I don't care how much money anyone has to spend on the furkid, I simply pity the dog...

khengteik
ALPHA

Jan 10, 2009, 1:54 AM

Post #5 of 12 (11222 views)
Shortcut

things like this happens very often... its been quite a few months since i last logged in to this forum... and nothing changed... there are still alot of so called dog lovers that are raving about how good they can provide the dog but yet know nothing about dogs whatsoever.....

anyways... hip problem is very very common among large breeds.... one way is to start giving your dog hip medication as soon as possible.. and not giving it when the problem accours... your vet should be able to give you some pointers.... but as far as i know... hip medication can be given even if the dog does not have hip problems... its just a precaution...

Peenut
Dog Kichi

Jan 10, 2009, 1:59 AM

Post #6 of 12 (11219 views)
Shortcut

OH... I wasn't aware of that... Our vet just recommended me to feed smaller portions over the day rather than 2 bigger meals cos this will help develop the bones and not only the muscles. She also gave me a set of vitamins that also will help strengthen bone growth.

What is the hip medication actually? Is it a supplement or actual medicine?

Is there any other advice you can give me apart from the X-Ray or genetic test?

Cheers

khengteik
ALPHA

Jan 10, 2009, 2:04 AM

Post #7 of 12 (11218 views)
Shortcut

well.. since you said that your dog is just 2 months old... better listen to vet...

the hip medication is actually suplements...

i dont think i'm experienced enough to give any detailed advice.....

luv_leehom517
K9 Maniac

Apr 19, 2009, 12:30 AM

Post #8 of 12 (10880 views)
Shortcut

lol..eh my fren adopted from a dog from her neighbour..after listening to my 'lecture'..she actually feed all the food i wrote down for her..haha..the dog soo happy..so i think we shd ask ppl to adopt instead of buy..btw..hv u heard of obama's new dog?soo cute leh.

khengteik
ALPHA

Apr 19, 2009, 1:15 AM

Post #9 of 12 (10878 views)
Shortcut
Re: [luv_leehom517] Looking for puppy breeders in Sabah? [In reply to] Can't Post

This is why i've been focusing on this topic alot..... EDUCATION should not only be emphasized to children... but what i get from SPCA Volunteers? It is difficult to change old people's mindset..... haihs.... nuff said...

luv_leehom517
K9 Maniac

Apr 19, 2009, 5:12 AM

Post #10 of 12 (10875 views)
Shortcut

hais..u oso know how to say 'old' la..where can change one..i think a person who has zero knowledge aboout dog will probaly listen to u..i told her everythings n she fast fast write down..until now the dog was in good condition..big compound to run..'gigantic' carrier to be his cage..food supplement..raw egg..raw meat..toys..wateva oso got...they oso very sayang the dog..there comes another happy dog..lol!Frown

khengteik
ALPHA

Apr 20, 2009, 9:01 PM

Post #11 of 12 (10863 views)
Shortcut
Re: [luv_leehom517] Looking for puppy breeders in Sabah? [In reply to] Can't Post

well.. whatever it is... it is worth a try rite? of cos there would be some people who would think that we are crazy ppl.... but this thing must be done more then once ler... not just go there... do one time... then expect people to follow or understand.....

luv_leehom517
K9 Maniac

Apr 21, 2009, 4:52 AM

Post #12 of 12 (10859 views)
Shortcut

ya lor...agree with u...muz brain-wash them..u know this fren of my is a dog hater last time!afetr brain wash by me..she turns out like this...heheheFrown

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my