Please help- Missing JRT

exanimo
Novice

Jan 5, 2009, 1:19 AM

Post #1 of 14 (2173 views)
Shortcut
Please help- Missing JRT Can't Post

MISSING MALE DOG

I'm posting this on behalf of a friend who has lost her dog in Penang and she has been out looking for him for the past 48hrs.
Please anyone in Penang who lives in this area can you please help or pass this message along to kind people who will help keep a look out.
Jack actually lives in KL but he went back with my friend to visit her family so he does not know the area well.
He has been spotted by several people in the area.
He's very precious to my friend so please help this dog find his Mum.

Jack Jack ran out of the house he was staying at in Penang last Friday 02/01/09 at around 5.30pm and has been missing since.
Jack was last seen in the car park of Penang General Hospital. He has 2 front teeth missing.
He is black in colour and has white chest and stomach. All four paws are white. He has been neutered and his tail dotted off.
Please contact Juliette at 01 238 8274 or 04 227 4359.
Reward will be given for safe return of Jack to owner.

Thank you.
Attachments: IMG_3263sm.jpg (128 KB)
  IMG_3057sm.jpg (198 KB)
  IMG_3038sm.jpg (35.2 KB)

hapy
Dog Kichi

Jan 5, 2009, 6:28 PM

Post #2 of 14 (2151 views)
Shortcut
Re: [exanimo] Please help- Missing JRT [In reply to] Can't Post

Sorry to hear tat. Never give up

exanimo
Novice

Jan 5, 2009, 10:42 PM

Post #3 of 14 (2135 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hapy] Please help- Missing JRT [In reply to] Can't Post

Tks hapy- we're not giving up yet- will be running ad in newspapers too. Anyone out there from Penang who are on any furkid network, please help us to get the word around. Jack's mum is sick with worry for his safety.

icelads

Jan 6, 2009, 5:04 AM

Post #4 of 14 (2115 views)
Shortcut

Hi exanimo,

You can try post at another website to reach more dog lovers... @ petfinder.com.my

All the best in searching!

luv_leehom517
K9 Maniac

Jan 7, 2009, 7:39 PM

Post #5 of 14 (2059 views)
Shortcut

try out www.homeapet.com

exanimo
Novice

Jan 13, 2009, 7:56 PM

Post #6 of 14 (1952 views)
Shortcut
Re: [luv_leehom517] Please help- Missing JRT [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi thanks for your encouragement and suggestions. My friend has found her furkid!! He was found by a kind stranger who didn't even want to except the reward!
Good to know there are kind people out there!!

icelads

Jan 13, 2009, 8:56 PM

Post #7 of 14 (1947 views)
Shortcut

I feel happy to your friend!!!!!!!!!!! glad she found her furkid back!!!!! she and the furkid are very fortune that a kind stranger pick him from the street and return to her. thanks to all the kind hearted ppl out there!!!!!

Please don't lost him again... :)

moniquehillside
New User

Jan 13, 2009, 9:03 PM

Post #8 of 14 (1945 views)
Shortcut

Dogs' deaths in China linked to imported food Tue, Jan 13, 2009
China Daily/ Asia News Network

By Wang Hongyi

SHANGHAI, CHINA: A brand of imported pet food has been linked to the deaths of dozens of dogs across the country.

Since the end of November, at least 30 dogs have died from liver complications after eating Optima dog food imported from Australia.

It is suspected of containing aflatoxin, an extremely toxic and carcinogenic fungus found on corn and other grains that can cause liver damage.

Aflatoxin contamination made the news in 2006 when a number of dogs died after eating the Diamond brand of dog food made in the United States.

"Since last month, we have received about 10 dogs suffering from liver damage, all of which had eaten Optima pet food," a worker at the Naughty Family Pet Co, a pet hospital in Shanghai, said.

"The dogs had diarrhea and were vomiting, both of which are symptoms of exposure to aflatoxin," the anonymous worker said.

"A week ago, my dog got very sick. She wouldn't eat and had no energy.

"She just shivered or lay on the ground," the owner, surnamed Qiang, of a 2-year old dog, said.

"So I sent her to hospital where she vomited several times. The blood results showed she had liver failure due to aflatoxin exposure," she said.

The dog had been eating the Optima food since February, she said.

A vet at the Shanghai Shensheng Pet Hospital, known only as Zhang, said: "So far, we have not received any reports that link Optima pet food to the dogs' deaths, but all the dogs in our hospital have eaten that pet food."

According to unnamed media reports, the Shanghai distributor of Optima pet food has admitted that a "severe quality problem" was found in a batch produced between August and September, and the firm has issued an emergency recall of the products.

Fang Yibo, head of Shanghai Yidi Pet Supply Co, which sells Optima, said: "We stopped selling Optima as soon as we heard about some dogs getting sick."

Yidi has about 400 to 500 Optima customers, and four of their dogs have become sick, Fang told China Daily.

"Customers can return the Optima food to exchange it for another brand," he said.

According to the Ministry of Agriculture, Optima dog food is made by Australia's Doane International Pet Products.

"The food is imported to China through the Taiwan company Natural Pet and then distributed on the mainland market by the Beijing Yukangyuan Trade Co and Shanghai Ruichong Trade Co," an anonymous pet food seller said.

Optima's website says the pet food is made in the US.

Dog owner Zheng Zhang said: "I just want my dogs to eat well. Optima is a very famous brand, which is part of the reason I chose it.

"I didn't expect it to be poisoned." he said.

China Daily/ Asia News Network

exanimo
Novice

Jan 16, 2009, 3:10 AM

Post #9 of 14 (1874 views)
Shortcut
Re: [icelads] Please help- Missing JRT [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes icalads- she's lucky to see her precious furkid again! Now we are all getting ID tags for our furkids!

icelads

Jan 16, 2009, 8:17 AM

Post #10 of 14 (1868 views)
Shortcut

i tot of getting one for our shihtzu, but my sis (the shihtzu mummy) not so agree to it coz our shihtzhu is keeping long coat and not use to wear tag around the neck, he will scratch scratch and scratch!!

exanimo
Novice

Jan 23, 2009, 9:13 PM

Post #11 of 14 (1721 views)
Shortcut
Re: [icelads] Please help- Missing JRT [In reply to] Can't Post

Yup some pets do not like having tags hanging on their collar. My cat used to scratch at hers all the time then I changed her collar and found that actually she stopped becasue she liked the new collar with a better fit even though it still had the tag. So you never know there may be other reasons that may be bothering your pet and it's good to try and observe closer. I guess that means you have already tried it before. In pet shops overseas they also have tags that are fitted/slipped into the collar so that it does not hang. An affordable solution is to buy a plain collar and use a permanent market and write your pet's name and your contact number. I know a lot of pet owner's want accessories for their pet to look cute but this solution is practical and may save your pet's life if they are lost.

icelads

Jan 24, 2009, 4:17 AM

Post #12 of 14 (1695 views)
Shortcut

yah.., handmade collar is more meaningful and valuable than the one sale at petshop :)

luv_leehom517
K9 Maniac

Jan 26, 2009, 7:40 PM

Post #13 of 14 (1600 views)
Shortcut

i use the tag which ppl use to hang on the keys one...very cheap...inside got 10 tags...different colours..oni 3.90...somemore got big space 4 u to write ur contact num..can write 3 contact num...very big space one...tesco/popular got sell... put on microchip on ur dog too...n dun forget to call the mppj if u moved house or wanna change the information..my dog ran out the house on friday morning...luckily she got tag on her collar...n she never go far...juz lepak at the playground beside my house...sigh...

exanimo
Novice

Jan 30, 2009, 9:35 PM

Post #14 of 14 (1499 views)
Shortcut
Re: [luv_leehom517] Please help- Missing JRT [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah the key tags are a good idea and easy to get- only thing our dogs go swimming and the info written on the tags may fade coz not waterproof. Also on a rainy day may wash off so be careful about that...

Glad your dog is home and safe!

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my