any missing mixed-breed spitz

yhtien
Dog Kichi

Dec 17, 2008, 4:35 AM

Post #1 of 17 (5463 views)
Shortcut
any missing mixed-breed spitz Can't Post

hi

anyone lost a mix-breed spitz in pj sec17?

mm..he's in my house now with injuries..under medication n treatment as well....i think his previous owner quite sayang him as his healthy condition is good n he's castrated. when he came to my door..he already injured with a hole under his eyes area.

he's a squeezing fellow..his huge body manage to squeeze out from my 5inch gate, while my standard schnauzer cannot even manage to get his head out.!!so i have fence up all the gate just becoz of 'him'...Crazy

was wondering tat did he sneak out from his owner's house himself or he's being abandon?

i did post his pic at the general health thread in 'teeth root infection or cancer' subject...if u all don't mind, can go n view for it n give me some idea on how to go on with the poor fellow....

thanks alot yhtien.

yhtien
Dog Kichi

Dec 19, 2008, 7:01 AM

Post #2 of 17 (5421 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yhtien] any missing mixed-breed spitz [In reply to] Can't Post

hmm...

i feel tat the poor fellow might lives nearby somewhere around my area~Frown

mm..previously i got a mongrel outside..not much outside dog come by my house to visit my mongrel..

but this fellow...seems like he got frens coming by to visit him. all the while we knew tat he just bark dogs...but these few days, few mongrels run happily towards my gate n wagged tail...although he bark at them..but he was wagging his tail as well...

just couldn't figured out.

n the funniest thing was..when we walking outside...every neighbourhood r asking if ''he'' was fine..instead of asking us... -_-'''

yhtien

icelads

Dec 23, 2008, 3:02 AM

Post #3 of 17 (5322 views)
Shortcut

Hi yhtien,

please take a look at this lost creamie, is this matched the one you rescued???

http://www.petfinder.my/pets/3095/

yhtien
Dog Kichi

Dec 23, 2008, 5:08 PM

Post #4 of 17 (5297 views)
Shortcut
Re: [icelads] any missing mixed-breed spitz [In reply to] Can't Post

hi icelads~

no oo...the lost spitz attachment u sent to me not the same dog as *golden* oo...

cos golden is fatter than her..n somemore from the profile i know it is a *her . hehe

by the way..thanks for the attatchment also..if can pls help me to search see if there's anymore similiar dogs. i think golden is supposed to be around in Pj, section 17.

Thanks alot

yhtien

icelads

Dec 23, 2008, 11:58 PM

Post #5 of 17 (5279 views)
Shortcut

it's okay yhtien, that is all i can do..., i noted on the gender of both dogs, but i feel that it would be good if i alert both of you all just to check it out, who knows you want to be extra careful on those bad guys who simply claim golden from you as they act like the owner, that's way you can suspect they are not the true owner of golden :)

yhtien
Dog Kichi

Dec 24, 2008, 12:31 AM

Post #6 of 17 (5278 views)
Shortcut

hi icelads~

mm...yea..i know what u mean.

but i dun think got ppl come n claim golden lo..don't u think so? sommore he's already injured like tat..if the owner really wanna find him back..then i think i'll see alot of missing dogs leaflets around my area. but so far..i haven't seen any yet. i think the owner might feel tat its good tat golden ran away..so they won't be burden.

Of cos..i'm surely welcome his owner to find him back..n i'll be glad he has a good owner. But...chances r quite low lo...

yhtien

icelads

Dec 24, 2008, 7:29 AM

Post #7 of 17 (5252 views)
Shortcut

yah..., sad to hear that....

yhtien
Dog Kichi

Dec 24, 2008, 8:33 AM

Post #8 of 17 (5250 views)
Shortcut

Cool no sad no sad..

he's happy at my place now. the only time he's feeling sad is when he intended to sneak out from somewhere n got held by me...haha..then he'll be sad n pretending that he actually never intend to squeeze out. Swt~ (-_-)'''

Ramin
Novice

Dec 24, 2008, 9:36 PM

Post #9 of 17 (5233 views)
Shortcut

Good afternoon yhtien,

In Reply To
anyone lost a mix-breed spitz in pj sec17?

mm..he's in my house now with injuries..under medication n treatment as well....i think his previous owner quite sayang him as his healthy condition is good n he's castrated. when he came to my door..he already injured with a hole under his eyes area.

he's a squeezing fellow..his huge body manage to squeeze out from my 5inch gate, while my standard schnauzer cannot even manage to get his head out.!!so i have fence up all the gate just becoz of 'him'...

was wondering tat did he sneak out from his owner's house himself or he's being abandon?

As you mentioned, the previous owner really loved him because you found him healthy (except for the wound) and he was castrated. That dog was trying to squeeze out through that tiny gap because he desperately wants to continue his search & locate his house/owner - & you stopped him from finding his way back when you fenced him in (& I understand that maybe you want his wound to heal first).

In Reply To
i feel tat the poor fellow might lives nearby somewhere around my area~

He may also have lived around neighbouring areas, like Section 16, SS2, Section 19 etc. Dogs are able to roam/travel >5km in a day. If they are frightened by thunderstorms they can run very, very far away.

In Reply To
but i dun think got ppl come n claim golden lo..don't u think so? sommore he's already injured like tat..if the owner really wanna find him back..then i think i'll see alot of missing dogs leaflets around my area. but so far..i haven't seen any yet. i think the owner might feel tat its good tat golden ran away..so they won't be burden.

Of cos..i'm surely welcome his owner to find him back..n i'll be glad he has a good owner. But...chances r quite low lo...

Perhaps you should post up a "found" profile of this dog on PetFinder.my? or DogDetective.com? MalaysiaDogClub.com etc.? Many people are also are not computer/internet savvy, so printing about 20-30 flyers/small posters and putting them up in local vets & pet shops around Petaling Jaya.

It's the end of the year & people go on holidays leaving their pets in the care of friends/neighbours/caretakers/maids etc. Maybe the person taking care of the dog mistakenly left the gate unlocked. It's has also been thunderstorming a lot these past few weeks and dogs dislike the sound of thunder - they get frightened off and try to run away from it instinctively.

Many people are advised to check the dog pound (i.e. PAWS, SPCA etc.) or wait for their pet to come home because dogs almost always can find their way home naturally. I've cared for 12 dogs in the last 33 years and I know this to be true.

As you mentioned above, the previous owner probably loved the dog which was why you found him in very good health. So, I really don't believe that this dog was abandoned.

In Reply To
Cool no sad no sad..

he's happy at my place now. the only time he's feeling sad is when he intended to sneak out from somewhere n got held by me...haha..then he'll be sad n pretending that he actually never intend to squeeze out. Swt~ (-_-)'''

You mentioned before that this big dog squeezed out of a 5-inch gap, it shows you how desperate he was to escape & find his owner - one cannot deny a dog's love to his original owner. He's probably been with them for many years and he feels like a member of their family.

I hope that you don't get too attached to this dog because some family in PJ who lost him is currently very, very sad.

What you've done by rescuing this dog and giving him medical care is really a wonderful, good, kind act. I hope you will make the small, extra effort of listing him as "found" in various online pet forums & keep a look out for flyers in other areas outside of Section 17. Putting up your own flyers in the local petstores/vets in your area & even PAWS/SPCA will certainly help this dog.

I really hope this dog finds his family.

Ramin

Please join facebook.com/HelpArjun to help us find our missing dog Arjun: www.HelpArjun.com

(This post was edited by Ramin on Dec 24, 2008, 10:18 PM)

yhtien
Dog Kichi

Dec 25, 2008, 11:24 AM

Post #10 of 17 (5176 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ramin] any missing mixed-breed spitz [In reply to] Can't Post

hi Ramin,

Wishing u Merry Christmas Cool

In Reply To

As you mentioned, the previous owner really loved him because you found him healthy (except for the wound) and he was castrated. That dog was trying to squeeze out through that tiny gap because he desperately wants to continue his search & locate his house/owner - & you stopped him from finding his way back when you fenced him in (& I understand that maybe you want his wound to heal first).

Yea, indeed he was trying to squeeze out..but i dun think he's desperate to search for the owner. But again, when i let him loose to go out, he came back in around 10mins after his pee n poo. I somehow wonder why since u said tat he's desperate to find his owner. He once too squeeze out when we're not at home, but he waited outside our gate door till we came back. Yes, besides stopping him from going out becos of the injured, my place recently got dog catcher roaming around. it's not safe for him cos he dun have licence. (will get him a licence on the coming january)

In Reply To

He may also have lived around neighbouring areas, like Section 16, SS2, Section 19 etc. Dogs are able to roam/travel >5km in a day. If they are frightened by thunderstorms they can run very, very far away.

yea, i know dogs can roam far away in a day n can get back to his own house as well. These few days we're having a new conclusion tat..he might not be around our area. We suspected tat he's been brought/drive to our area n abandoned him at the shoplot beside my house. And he's a peace and happy minded dog. I've been noticing him tat few days when there's thunderstorm, n he's not scared at all..and he still sleeps soundly in his place.

In Reply To

Perhaps you should post up a "found" profile of this dog on PetFinder.my? or DogDetective.com? MalaysiaDogClub.com etc.? Many people are also are not computer/internet savvy, so printing about 20-30 flyers/small posters and putting them up in local vets & pet shops around Petaling Jaya.

It's the end of the year & people go on holidays leaving their pets in the care of friends/neighbours/caretakers/maids etc. Maybe the person taking care of the dog mistakenly left the gate unlocked. It's has also been thunderstorming a lot these past few weeks and dogs dislike the sound of thunder - they get frightened off and try to run away from it instinctively.

Many people are advised to check the dog pound (i.e. PAWS, SPCA etc.) or wait for their pet to come home because dogs almost always can find their way home naturally. I've cared for 12 dogs in the last 33 years and I know this to be true.

As you mentioned above, the previous owner probably loved the dog which was why you found him in very good health. So, I really don't believe that this dog was abandoned.

ooh...i really donno there's so many place to post. cos all i know is puppy.com. n through icelads last reply, i just know there's a petfinder also.
For ur information, on the day i saw golden, he's actually been tightly tight with a steel chain around his stomach. Since he's not tied still to anything, he can go anywhere he wanted, instead of sitting at the same place for 2days until i released his chain, n tat's the day he follow me back. At 1st i also tot he might ran out himself, but when i still saw him lying in the same place..i just go to him.

The vet i went to did help me put up a notice at her place, n so is my friendly neighbourhood been spreading news around, eventually after golden came..alot of ppl passing through my house n stopped just to watch at him.

Hmm..i donno what u mean by taken care for so many dogs, like u might be a trainer or for dogs boarding or it's ur own dog.
I have 9 dogs in my hometown house now which r all rescued/re-home/adopted by me. All of my dogs r like mongrels n mixed-spitz as well.
Eventually, i've been taking care for more than 10 dogs in my past 10 yrs. Mayb i'm not professional as u in taking care, but basic care i still know. At least, some injured stray dog which i took back..i did heal them up n it's in good condition now.

No offence to anyone by saying this, if everyone has a heart for their pets, then now we won't be seeing so many re-home pets in Paws or SPCA or even on street waiting for the dog catcher to come. Honestly, some ppl somehow or rather wanted a pet..but they give up when the pet having problems. U should know tat. So..y dun't u think tat..bcos of his injured tat is so hard to cure,the owner gave him up. I did say the owner might be very pampered him..but it can be before golden's injured. Anything is possible to happen, especially we human always think of ownself before thinking for others.

In Reply To

You mentioned before that this big dog squeezed out of a 5-inch gap, it shows you how desperate he was to escape & find his owner - one cannot deny a dog's love to his original owner. He's probably been with them for many years and he feels like a member of their family.

I hope that you don't get too attached to this dog because some family in PJ who lost him is currently very, very sad.

What you've done by rescuing this dog and giving him medical care is really a wonderful, good, kind act. I hope you will make the small, extra effort of listing him as "found" in various online pet forums & keep a look out for flyers in other areas outside of Section 17. Putting up your own flyers in the local petstores/vets in your area & even PAWS/SPCA will certainly help this dog.

I really hope this dog finds his family.
Ramin

So, like wat i said previously tat he squeeze out just becos he need to pee n poo, then he'll be running back happily to our house.

The dog now is very attached to us..n i think i should love him like i love my other dogs as well. it doens't mean tat i found him n he cannot be attached to us.

But for the advise u gave, i really appreciate. Thanks.

Sashan
Enthusiast

Dec 25, 2008, 4:24 PM

Post #11 of 17 (5163 views)
Shortcut

Just to reply to Ramin, some dogs just LIKE squeezing out of gates to go do their own thing, doesn't mean its something they do only when they are desperate.

I had a dog that was an escape artist, just loved to get out and 'ronda' the neighbourhood. When we installed our gate, we thought 3 feet of tight bars, then 5 inch wide bars on top was enough to stop her but she jump/climbed through. She also thought it was normal to squeeze her body through the normal square grills we have in our house. In the end my father got a welder to come fix our gate/grill/window, now house looks like jail :p

yhtien
Dog Kichi

Dec 25, 2008, 6:12 PM

Post #12 of 17 (5158 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sashan] any missing mixed-breed spitz [In reply to] Can't Post

to~ Sashan

Merry Christmas~

Opss..it's not too bad look like jail la...at least can closed him inside safely cos nowadays those driver very careless. my previous mongrel went out last time n got hit down by a car. ''Hit n Run''. n luckilly he's ok..only the leg artery injured with lots of blood n we managed to cure him. Phew~

u mean 3ft height?.. looks not high enuf to close ur dog oo. Hehe..but it did remind me tat my teacher's dog. She always jumped out from the 4~5ft gate to wander around then jumped back inside. She's now too old n too fat to jump alrdy. N my teacher was laughing tat he's rearing a pig instead of a dog..cos she's a small size mixed spitz with over 20++kg. Laugh

yhtien

Sashan
Enthusiast

Dec 25, 2008, 7:43 PM

Post #13 of 17 (5155 views)
Shortcut

3 feet high of the gate is like tight grill, cant squeeze thru, then on top of that is like 4-5 inch wide grills la, so didnt look so closed up. But not anymore :P now its all close grills!

yhtien
Dog Kichi

Dec 25, 2008, 11:24 PM

Post #14 of 17 (5140 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sashan] any missing mixed-breed spitz [In reply to] Can't Post

haha...ur dog is real expert in jumping fence.

then u should train him some agility in jumping...so he can participate if dog's olympic day is held la.

Cathy_Whisky
New User

Dec 27, 2008, 9:30 PM

Post #15 of 17 (5027 views)
Shortcut

Hello YHTien,

Can you please go to www.lepak.com/katztales.html? Apparently, there's a dog called DOJI (from Subang) who is missing. DOJI is a mixed spitz as well.

There is a picture attached on the website. If you go to THE STAR newspaper today (Weekender, page 25), there's also a writeup on missing Doji.

Thanks for taking such good care of the dog you found. :)

.....Cathy

yhtien
Dog Kichi

Dec 28, 2008, 3:58 AM

Post #16 of 17 (5011 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Cathy_Whisky] any missing mixed-breed spitz [In reply to] Can't Post

hi cathy...

thanks for the link.
i din know that the article was being post since 25th dec. I saw the article this morning newspaper n just post a e-mail to the writter bout Doji b4 i saw ur attachment.

But so sorry..they're both different from color n eyes. I called him doji right after i off work..but he got no reaction. Actually frm the 1st sight i saw the attachment i quite shock..but after all still can differentiate. :(

thanks for the catch up. :)

jamie76
Dog Kichi

Jan 1, 2009, 10:00 PM

Post #17 of 17 (4890 views)
Shortcut

Hi hytien,

Does the dog that you rescued looks like this missing dog posted on petfinder.my? Probably you could give the owner a call to just go over and identify.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my