Home: Breed Specific: Toy Group:
shave poodle to botak?

pen
Novice

Nov 3, 2008, 9:27 PM

Post #1 of 9 (2749 views)
Shortcut
shave poodle to botak? Can't Post

hi all, need some advise here. is it true to shave poodle till botak in order to get nice thick curly hair next time?

luv_leehom517
K9 Maniac

Nov 7, 2008, 8:03 AM

Post #2 of 9 (2723 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pen] shave poodle to botak? [In reply to] Can't Post

yup..i shave mine botak...but not really 100% botak la...really really short..now grow untill too 'over'..wan to 'minimize'oso cannot...better don shave too short coz it might get 'kissed' by mosquitoTongue

n is super-duper curly...until difficult to comb..Crazy

ahmiau
Novice

Nov 25, 2008, 7:09 AM

Post #3 of 9 (2663 views)
Shortcut
Re: [luv_leehom517] shave poodle to botak? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, i really in the dilemma now le.........i dunno whether wanna shave my bebe's hair short or not in order to get thick and curly hair. My Bebe's hair very soft and kind of straight. Normally poodle got curly hair but not for my bebe le. How do u think? Give me some advise whether shave or not shave le....Thanks

luv_leehom517
K9 Maniac

Nov 26, 2008, 5:41 AM

Post #4 of 9 (2654 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ahmiau] shave poodle to botak? [In reply to] Can't Post

is like tat one..puppy's fur is straight one..later it will shed n grow curly fur..muz shave..then grow edi shave again..repeat repeat la..my sabrina shaved more than 10 times edi..now very curly..Blush1st time cannot cut like got pattern one..coz the fur very straight..cut pattern oso not obvious..she better shave botak for like 1 or 2 time..then grow till curly tat time can do pattern..but if botak edi don put outdoor..later got biten by mosquito..or let it wear shirt..

ahmiau
Novice

Nov 26, 2008, 7:02 AM

Post #5 of 9 (2652 views)
Shortcut

Very heart pain le to shave her botak. Sigh............takes how long to let the fur totally grow back? Will the new grown fur be very soft? Roughly gotta shave how many times to make the fur curly and thick? I think my bebe never shave before since she borned.

luv_leehom517
K9 Maniac

Nov 26, 2008, 6:50 PM

Post #6 of 9 (2645 views)
Shortcut

1st time when they heard the clippers sound will be scard but afetr few times ok edi..my dog now shaving she sleep one..coz we shave lots of times edi..take 2- 3 months la..shave like 2 or 3 times will be thick n curly..nop..not soft..will go 'mat'so u hv to pull out tat mat by urself..mat is like fur..but colour darker..like 'dead hair'..is normal one..all poodle oso got..or u buy the de-matted comb..

ahmiau
Novice

Nov 26, 2008, 11:41 PM

Post #7 of 9 (2638 views)
Shortcut

Oh...........icic. My bebe's fur now very soft, like a baby fur. Very nice to touch one. Hehe....2/3 months so long to grow back ar? Hai......cant bear to make her botak, will look damn funny. Hiak hiak hiak

luv_leehom517
K9 Maniac

Nov 27, 2008, 5:13 AM

Post #8 of 9 (2631 views)
Shortcut

nvm la..wear clothes la..some poodle pups botak one i saw oso very cute mah!~Frown

ahlynn
New User

Dec 16, 2008, 11:40 PM

Post #9 of 9 (2513 views)
Shortcut

my baby's hair oso kena shave .. almost botak .
but it grew back really fast .. and i mean , super fast .
the fur became very curly now

my baby cannot tahan herself botak last time , she was so sad and all
she sleeps in front of the mirror .. guess my baby's vain =P
but after few days , she's okay already .

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my