IN

Home: Breed Specific: Working Group:
Need your opinions on Rottweiler, need your advise, lol ~~~

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

junior81

Nov 16, 2008, 3:12 AM

Post #26 of 55 (1816 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Elaine8] Need your opinions on Rottweiler, need your advise, lol ~~~ [In reply to] Can't Post

hi elaine

got ur rott pic to share about?

please take lots of his puppy pic since he grow very fast...the puppy cute face will.............become macho face.....heheheheheheh

Elaine8
Dog Kichi

Nov 16, 2008, 3:30 AM

Post #27 of 55 (1814 views)
Shortcut
Re: [junior81] Need your opinions on Rottweiler, need your advise, lol ~~~ [In reply to] Can't Post

Ya... I know....mine female...la.....

My girl is very cute... every morning i take my sons to school... when i open my car door she will try to get in.

Only my car not my husband car...

PSY
K9 Kaki

Nov 16, 2008, 3:58 AM

Post #28 of 55 (1812 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chilimson] Need your opinions on Rottweiler, need your advise, lol ~~~ [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank-you and extremely well put. I am going to predict that over the next 5 to 10 years, Dobs maybe in the same predicament as rotties are simply due to the economic situation inducing an increase in crime.... so guard dogs and before you know it the millers are out.

chilimson

Nov 16, 2008, 7:27 AM

Post #29 of 55 (1805 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PSY] Need your opinions on Rottweiler, need your advise, lol ~~~ [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, it's really unfortunate that Rottweilers are always highly sort after whenever there is resolute loyal protection needs, and that is really the obvious strength of that breed. I really don't think they are suitable for everyone, especially first time dog owners. They really need a firm hand and training, so that they do not ever create all the infamous incidences that kept becoming headlines. In all my twenty years, I had seen almost all type of temperament of Rottweilers and had been able to train all of them so that they do not ever create any trouble. I imported a female from Germany that is absolutely sharp, when she was only 12 weeks old. I knew that because I wanted a working line, her maternal grandsire is the highest scoring working Rottweiler in Germany. She is really excellent when trained, because she can read my "mind" now. Well, I am hoping that the Rottweilers will survive the onslaught from all the governmental agencies around the world, and not be banned. It will be a terrible loss for the dog world, because their extinction is really caused by irresponsible breeding and ownership. Well, I still keep my fingers cross for the Singapore government to make their decision, but I think they are going to make ownership more expensive. I hope that will take out the demand and stop all the excessive breeding that is going on around the world. Please do not breed just because you think they are cute or you need to make some quick money, because you are "murdering" the breed in time to come. Please do not buy a Rottweiler just because it make you look macho or formidable, unless you are willing to invest time and money to train them. Please do not buy a cheap Rottweiler from irresponsible breeders, because you are helping them in "murdering" this breed. Therefore, I hope you all will help to keep this breed from joining the dinosaurs into extinction.

butthead012
Novice

Nov 18, 2008, 9:56 AM

Post #30 of 55 (1763 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chilimson] Need your opinions on Rottweiler, need your advise, lol ~~~ [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for all your comments guys, really helpful...

chilimson

Nov 19, 2008, 8:02 AM

Post #31 of 55 (1732 views)
Shortcut
Re: [butthead012] Need your opinions on Rottweiler, need your advise, lol ~~~ [In reply to] Can't Post

Sorry to discourage you from keeping a Rottie, but it is for you own good and that of the breed. If you are here for a visit, please let me know and I will show you what a great breed they are. However, they are really not a breed for a first time dog owner because they have certain temperament that makes them what they are. It is really very difficult to describe in writing, because I do not really know the bloodlines that are available in Malaysia. I have been to PJ many years ago to visit a breeder, and I know what he has then. I do not think it is appropriate for me to comment, as it was so many years ago.

My advise is that you keep a Retriever or Spaniel first, and use the money saved to buy a "Chubb" security system. I think it will be more reliable than getting a guard dog, because I honestly do not think you will really be wanting to train SchZ certified dog. Therefore, your guard dog expectation is just based on the looks and temperament, which is really not a safe bet. The genotype and phenotype qualities needed more in depth studies where breeding is concerned, but I really do not think many breeders understand and have the time to work on this aspect.

Anyway, I will not waste your time on such controversial topics and will certainly be more than glad to show you my Rotties if you are visiting Spore.

butthead012
Novice

Nov 19, 2008, 8:41 AM

Post #32 of 55 (1727 views)
Shortcut

Good to hear from experts like you and others, I don't mind listening to your points in fact I just wanna know more about rottie before I actually get one. Pros and cons whatever comments that are useful for me will be noted. I wouldn't buy a dog without knowing its temparement, lifestyle and so on so don't worry I think I mention this couple of times before.

I would love to go to visit your place and take a look at your rotties but Singapore is kinda far, anyway mind attach some pics here for us to have a look?

boobee2005
Novice

Nov 19, 2008, 7:23 PM

Post #33 of 55 (1717 views)
Shortcut

Hi Chilimson,

Great advice! Couldn't have said it better or clearer.. Had typed out 2 mgs out in the last few days basically voicing the same things that you mentioned but right at submitting time, my network connection crashed out!! It's the lousy streamyx we have at home!

Yes, we want this wonderful breed to not suffer in the hands of irresponsible breeders, owners and over zealous, quick-to-fault law enforcers.

Are you a breeder yourself?

chilimson

Nov 20, 2008, 8:34 AM

Post #34 of 55 (1685 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boobee2005] Need your opinions on Rottweiler, need your advise, lol ~~~ [In reply to] Can't Post

Sorry for your problem with the system, and thanks for you support. I just hope that the Rotties will never be banned by all the government in the world, and they really do not belong to the dinos category. Because almost every Rottweiler owner will want to own another when their Rottie passed on.

Returning to you question on whether I do breed, and I assume you are a Rottie lover as well. Yes, just one breeding at the beginning of this year. However, definitely not for money, primary to understand and have some great Rotties for some lucky people to own. I imported a pink-paper male with Vico von Flugschneise as maternal grandsire, so that I could breed with a female that has Vico von Flugschneise as a sire. I have sold the only two males that I have to two owners whom I visited their home, before I decided that they should be the puppies owner. There are lots of people who wanted to own Rotties, but I actually declined or disappointed several people. There is a guy who was really mad and disappointed, because I told him exactly why his neighbourhood is not suitable for a Rottie. I think he must be so surprised that I bothered to visit his house and he asked me for reference so that he could import himself. I am not sure whether he eventually did or not, but I told him that he is courting a disaster, because he has never kept any Rottweilers before, and he wanted a pair of two males. My view is that having a single Rottie is already tough for someone that is new to the breed, but to have two males is just unthinkable. Because a pair of Rottweilers are really a formidable, as they will lend each other courage which they are already not lacking.

The last breeding I did before this was more than three years ago, and because I wanted to have Jackomo von der Bleichstrasse gene line. That is Jackomo appeared as the female paternal grandsire, and the male paternal and maternal grandsire. This breeding is the best I ever had then, and I really felt proud that I finally was successful in a line breeding. I have not ever done a repeat breeding, even though I am persuaded to do so by those proud puppies' owners, who had referred many of their friends.

I will probably import in the future, because I think there is too much work and responsibility to find responsible owners in the future in Singapore. I have enough history of the Rottwieler bloodline to chosse the temperament or type I would prefer. Honestly, I do not show Rottweiller anymore, and so I am pretty low key now in the dog circle. In fact, I have not visited this forum for a long long time.

chilimson

Nov 20, 2008, 8:39 AM

Post #35 of 55 (1682 views)
Shortcut
Re: [butthead012] Need your opinions on Rottweiler, need your advise, lol ~~~ [In reply to] Can't Post

Ha.ha. I think you will come and visit me if you see their pictures! :) Just kidding. I have not done it on this forum, and will try ot figure it out during the weekend. Otherwise, I will try to send you some if I could locate your email address.

junior81

Nov 21, 2008, 6:45 AM

Post #36 of 55 (1643 views)
Shortcut

Since this forum is active at the moment, sorry in advance in posting non relatared topic as i need some experience advise from you all.

my 9 months plus rott i suspect has hip joint problems at his back leg, my trainer had tell me b4 when he observed his walking and when react to command ' down '.....

i had cut down his food and also monitor him for few days when walk him and command him to sit...and feel that his back leg is a bit week...i just purchase a glucosame called ' petnatural' to strenghen his joint...

i fed him one tablet yesterday and that nite his poo is so waterly...he is ' lau sai' ......and today ...he is 'lau sai' also.....his poo is just like 'sand'...

but he does not seems look like sick..still eat with good appetite

need help please....before consult the vet.../ need to monitor his progress first..

chilimson

Nov 21, 2008, 7:11 AM

Post #37 of 55 (1642 views)
Shortcut
Re: [junior81] Need your opinions on Rottweiler, need your advise, lol ~~~ [In reply to] Can't Post

You want to share his problem over the forum or you want to write to me privately?

junior81

Nov 21, 2008, 7:17 AM

Post #38 of 55 (1637 views)
Shortcut

Harlow...

hm it is fine with me for both..tq..you may reply me in email if convinience for you..

my email account is with hotmail....ID ccn1231

chilimson

Nov 21, 2008, 8:25 AM

Post #39 of 55 (1636 views)
Shortcut

Sorry, I spend many minutes editing my first message, and then the forum only tell me that sorry time for editing had expired. Therefore, all my typing had gone to the cyberspace waste bin!.

First, I think you should stop giving the Glucosomine that cause your dog to have such bad reaction. I have administered Glucosomine to my dogs before as supplement, and never had such problem that you had describe. It is either you had given him the wrong dosage or it is just not suitable for your dog and should stop regardless whether it is useful to treat his hip problem. If you really think that you still want to give him Glucosomine, then go to a pharmacy and buy those that are good for human being. I normally use them because it is cheaper than those sold in the pet shop, and also I think they are properly tested for human consumption.

I want to let you know that I am not a vet and so I will share with you based on what I think, which is just another opinion for you to consider. I assume you are saying that your dog has HD, and so I will like to tell you that there are lots of opinions and research done previously. I had studied this topic and research over many years as well, and I have concluded that HD is genetically related, and so is many other human diseases as well. But I think that certain bloodlines are producing worst quality joints, and so they become pretty obvious. There are also some that are not so "bad" and could be made worse by diet or growth environment. That is the fundamental reasons why I decided to import pink-papered Rottweiler from German breeders, as I think the working titles of many many generations and many many associated line breedings are good representation of the bloodlines.

Sorry for the digression, but I need to have more sharing of why you think it is a HD problem. Your trainer's description is not clear for me to diagnose and will appreciate more information because it could be "pano" since your dog is still young. However, keeping him lean is absolutely the right thing to do for now, and you have to give him sufficient nutrition so that he could develop muscle to hold the "loose" joints so to speak. I hope you could get him to swim, because it is the best exercise now. Absolutely no vigorous exercising or running, till you could confirm his problem. Can you tell me whether he is limping now? Could you stand him, and put your hands (palm) flat on his left and right bump (just above his thigh). Rock his bump slowly from left to right and back again. Do you feel and loose joint or hear any sound? Please describe his sitting position, and how he gets up. Does he takes long to get up? Well, lots of questions for you lah, but maybe just describe as much as you can on why you think he had HD.

butthead012
Novice

Nov 21, 2008, 10:41 AM

Post #40 of 55 (1624 views)
Shortcut

Another lesson learn today... Sorry to hear that your dog is not well Junior, hope it will get well soon...

As for chilimson, still waiting for your handsome rottie pics... lol ... when are u gonna breed again? if you have pups I'm interested to have a look Wink to see the difference between champ lines and normal lines...

Anyone here know any good rottie breeders in PJ/Kl area? if you now please advise...

chilimson

Nov 21, 2008, 4:17 PM

Post #41 of 55 (1612 views)
Shortcut

Sorry, I will not breed anymore. I plan to just import if my current doggie kids leave me. Therefore, I do not set an expectations for anyone, because a lot of my past puppies owners still return to ask the same question that you had asked.

By the way, I will tell you a secret, that is there is really no such thing as Champ line. Please do not be fooled. The nature created by GOD is quite fair, because every one have a chance to be a Champ in my eyes. There is kelong in our part of the world, so there is kelong in all the dog shows around the world as well. Except Germany seiger show is conducted differently, not a conformation or beauty contest. But handler or handlers probably have to be very fit, as he or she has to literally "run" with the dogs till they dropped so to speak. Not so bad lah. Just till the judge is satisfied.

My opinion is that in any extreme ends, you could have a conformation type or line and a working type of line. But honestly, there is very little such extreme being bred now, and so you really get a mixture like a normal distribution if you are familiar with statistics. There used to be very good Rottweiler forums in the past concerning German bloodlines, but the vocal and bickering had forced all of them to closed. I think there are still German based forum, which is useless to me. If you do have German lines and their judge's comments, I could do the interpretation for you because I had bought tonnes of books on Rottweilers.

butthead012
Novice

Nov 21, 2008, 8:42 PM

Post #42 of 55 (1602 views)
Shortcut

Speaking importing good breeds from German, Is it that worth it? As you can't see the dog and all you could see is just pictures I guess? unless you fly over to German?

Mind to share how to import a good bloodline ? How much is it? Is it gonna cost a lot? Do you have an email or msn? I'll chat more with you there about this? Thanks

chilimson

Nov 21, 2008, 9:43 PM

Post #43 of 55 (1600 views)
Shortcut

Hmm.. can you please send me a private message on your email address, and I will respond to you. Ever since I got back into the forum, I have lots of spam emails from Malaysian companies with all sorts of advertisements. I am okay, but just worried about Trojans!

I do not think it is easy for you to just import from Germany, because there are lots and lots of breeders there. There are also many who breed to BSg or KSg or V-titled dogs, and then try to export to foreign countries. I also will guarantee you that they do not sell you any potentially winning dogs after they are 4 months old, unless they know you very well. However, I think I really do not need a V1 dog, because I am not showing my dogs in shows anymore. Anyway, I have followed the German Rottweilers for almost 15 years now, and I have some idea of what bloodlines I want. For example,10 years ago, I wanted to have Rick von Burgthann's line because they are great conformance dogs. However, he is too old to breed now, and I will not have any of his famous son, Mambo's line. There are lots of champions out of Mamno's line, and there is the widely bred Amigo still in Germany. There is no perfect dog, and so please do not look for one as it will take forever! :) For example, I like Vico but he is "sharp" and was export to USA, which I believe had an accident or tragedy. However, the "V" litter of Flugschneise is one of the best litters from that kennel, and so is the "M" litter of Scherau kennel. Anyway, it is both a science and art to figure it out, remember dogs have 39 pairs of chromosomes and human has 23 pairs. So it is not difficult to figure it out that whoever tell you breeding a champion with another champion will get a "chamion" is bluffing you.

I don't know what is the price now, but based on the last dog I got in 2006; it cost me 1,400 Euros for the 3 months old puppy; 900 Euros for the cage and air-freight; another S$1000 for 30 days quarantine, licenses and vaccinations. Sorry, so now you know how expensive this passionate hobby of mine is, and so I have decided to pick up other hobbies now as well.

I attempted to upload some picture, but seems like it only allow one for now. The big guy is from my breeding done almost 4 years ago, and the two small girls are bred at the beginning of this year.
Attachments: Flu&wk10b .jpg (47.1 KB)

chilimson

Nov 21, 2008, 9:48 PM

Post #44 of 55 (1597 views)
Shortcut

Here is the family potrait. Both the male and female are imported from Germany, and their daugther that has grown slightly from the previous picture. I only keep one, and the other female goes to an owner who has one of the males from the earlier breeding (but died from bloating accident).
Attachments: familyb.jpg (44.2 KB)

ASTERIX33
Novice

Nov 22, 2008, 12:47 AM

Post #45 of 55 (1584 views)
Shortcut
Re: Looking for a boxer puppy... [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there,

I'm looking for a a boxer puppy, is anyone can advise me where to have one?

Thank you.

junior81

Nov 22, 2008, 7:34 AM

Post #46 of 55 (1564 views)
Shortcut

hm...today no more dierhaa already...maybe he is alergic to the pills...

well and today i checked his back leg paws...shit omg...those paws that protect them wan...round round wan...got one is injured....maybe something sharp kena his back legs that is maybe one of the reasons he feel pain and week at his back leg..

and for glucosame stuff...hm..thanks for your advise..i will monitor how it goes..

his back leg now is injured so he might have difficulty to sit...when i sit him..he will like move to the right fall down like tat.....wait when his paws getting better and i will reconfirm the problems again....

tq...btw..ur rott look nice...

chilimson

Nov 22, 2008, 3:19 PM

Post #47 of 55 (1545 views)
Shortcut

Good to hear that his diarrhea is gone, and I think you should just stop the supplement and find another one. Hope his injury will not create other problems for him, but this is one of the attribute of Rottweiler. They can take a lot of pain, and still go on in life. I had an imported German male that had died, but he never even make noise when he had one of his whole skin under his paws torned off.

Thanks for your comments on my Rotties. The male is so solid like a bull and so I had to be careful with him, but they are all well trained lah. No need to struggle with them because they will walk by my side even without lease. They are absolutely loyal and intelligent, if you pick the right lines. Like I said, they could read my mind. I am not sure how this forum works on private email, but I have left mine in the profile and you could ping me if you needed advise. I do not normally visit this forum, because there is really not many Rottie's threads anymore. I am pursueing a new revived passion of mine, and learning a lot from the classical guitar forum.

I responded to this thread because someone wanted to own a Rottie .... and I was afraid that the good intention may cause this breed to join the Dinos!

junior81

Nov 22, 2008, 8:18 PM

Post #48 of 55 (1524 views)
Shortcut

i dun think this forum work at private messgage...you can email me at my hotmail with id ccn1231

I have visited vet and he is weight 34 kg with 9 months plus...sigh...heavy fellow....vet commeneted he grow too fast but overall still ok...

his paws was injured...vet give him antibiotic and medicine to put on his paws...

he seems does not like ppl to touch his injured part and will start growling at the vet.....and trying to attack the vet...i think he is sensitive to pain....

and at the meantime..he has to rest at home..no walking outside and postpone training lessons already...

chilimson

Nov 22, 2008, 9:08 PM

Post #49 of 55 (1521 views)
Shortcut

I am not sure what your vet meant by he grows too fast, because I do not think there is truth in such statement. I can accept that you have overfed him, and he is too heavy for his structure. Normally, I will look for his rib cage or rib bone at the stomach area, and you should be able to see his last rib when he has not eaten anything yet. By the way, nine months is about the right height for a mature Rottie, and he will not grow much taller. However, his length and body mass will continue to grow, especially his head piece will change to be much broader. He is about ending his ugly stage, and so you should keep him lean first, then build him up.

You must not let him growl, even though he is in pain. My extremely sharp girl will not dare growl in my presence. Wink

I am not sure how to send you an email with only id ccn1231, could you share with me how to do it? I normally use YahooMail or Hotmail.

boobee2005
Novice

Nov 24, 2008, 10:11 PM

Post #50 of 55 (1426 views)
Shortcut

Hi. Your rotties are gorgeous! I am sneaking time off (at work) to read this thread and can't resist sending you a msg. Will reply you later on a previous post. My home connection is still off.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my