WHAT AM I DOING WRONG !! ADVISE NEEDED~~

Striker-X
Novice

Nov 19, 2008, 9:29 PM

Post #1 of 6 (9579 views)
Shortcut
WHAT AM I DOING WRONG !! ADVISE NEEDED~~ Can't Post

HI, TO ALL K9 LOVERS ;

OK, My name is Bryant. My family n i just shift to new house. We built a dog house during renovation cos our house is a corner lot.

We got a Rottie name Evo 1 month ago from a breeder. The 1st week was HORRIBLE with lots of crying & howling in the middle of the nite. This was cos he poo'ed n pee'ed or maybe cos he was lonely. So i wake up to clean up the mess.

Then 1 week later, after discussing with my dad, we decided to get another Rottie name Kaiser to accompany Evo. The crying STOP.

However, another NIGHTMARE arise. Every morning when i wake up to feed them, i will b WELCOME with LOTS & LOTS of POO/PEE everywhere in the dog house. Believe me the scenario is BAD !

I don't mind cleaning. BUT we plan to let them out in the garden/compound in the nite in the near future to GUARD our house.

This is where my PROBLEM is. I cant seem to train them to POO/PEE at a SPECIFIC SPOT.

Newspaper? Forget about it. Tear into pieces.
Toilet training drops? Useless & wont work.

I even bought those dog repellant crap to avoid discourage them from going to certain location in the garden to bite the plants. Which also didnt work !

Playpen? Ya, this is the only thing that i bought which have "some" result.

I normally put them in the playpen once i let them out from their house in the morning n evening. Sometimes they poo/pee, sometimes they don't. I put them in after meals. WAIT & WAIT still nothing. They can hold it for hours. So i will eventually give up n let them out to play awhile. Within minits their out from the playpen, they start "shooting" everywhere in the garden.

REALLY HEADACHE~~

The playpen is place at a spot where it is easy 4 me to clean, with a combination of tiles & grass. Yes, i`m willing to sacrifice a small part of the grass. If that is what it takes to train them. But they seem to dig n spoilt the grass instead of poo/pee on it.

I would very much like to have them roam freely in the garden instead of caging them in their house most of the time. But i`m worried about the carpet grass & plants. Thats all.

Which is why i would really APPRECIATE any feedbacks/workable tips from all u K9 lovers on how to solve my PROBLEM, especially on how to train them to "go" to that specific spot to poo/pee. I`m a TRUE K9 lover.

Thanks~~~

P/S : I've Quit my job to dedicate my full attention to my Rotties for at least 1st few months of their life for training purposes & health issues.

(Rotties Rocks)
~~ROTTIE's ROCKS~~

Striker-X
Novice

Nov 20, 2008, 7:21 PM

Post #2 of 6 (9562 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Striker-X] WHAT AM I DOING WRONG !! ADVISE NEEDED~~ [In reply to] Can't Post

Nobody willing help?? Nobody have any idea??
~~ROTTIE's ROCKS~~

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 24, 2008, 12:48 AM

Post #3 of 6 (9521 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Striker-X] WHAT AM I DOING WRONG !! ADVISE NEEDED~~ [In reply to] Can't Post

I believe you need help on the issues you are facing. You definitely need to attend proper training classes as I can see that you are inexperienced in taking care of dogs. Furthermore it's not going to be easy to handle big dogs such as rottweillers. Now they are pups n you are already having so much of problems. When they grow older it will be even harder. Do you want me to recommend you a trainer?

~Nature's Way: Raw Food for Health ~

~ Pet ID Tags: A MUST For Every Pet! ~

Striker-X
Novice

Nov 24, 2008, 6:18 AM

Post #4 of 6 (9514 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acsyen] WHAT AM I DOING WRONG !! ADVISE NEEDED~~ [In reply to] Can't Post

How much will it cost?? Location?? More details plz. Thanks~
~~ROTTIE's ROCKS~~

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 25, 2008, 12:46 AM

Post #5 of 6 (9504 views)
Shortcut

You have to enquire yourself on the cost. The trainer's location is in PJ. You can call her at 012-2584315

~Nature's Way: Raw Food for Health ~

~ Pet ID Tags: A MUST For Every Pet! ~

Veanne
K9 Maniac

Apr 21, 2009, 10:59 PM

Post #6 of 6 (8045 views)
Shortcut

i agree with acsyen... taking care of dogs really need LOTS of patient... some people tooks months to trained them...

you seems to drop into conclusion real fast... when they're not trained, they don't know what newspaper are for... so they may end up tearing it into pieces or might as well play with it...

toilet trained which i think is much more easier than newspaper trained... but this differ from dogs... not much effort you put in, you already said it's useless and won't work...

you can read the thread in dog obedience training & general training topics... there is a post by admin... they're launching dog obedience training... you may ask help from them

~L0v3 SHIRO 4 EveR~

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my