Home: Behavioral Problems: Peeing and Poo Problem:
Stain & Odour Remover

jonwindermere
Novice

Oct 3, 2008, 12:31 PM

Post #1 of 6 (6024 views)
Shortcut
Stain & Odour Remover Can't Post

Just brought home a seven-weeks old GR eight days ago. I'm trying to toilet-train her using the newspaper method. I even swabbed the top layer with her urine. It doesn't work even though I catch her in mid-stream and carry her over to the newspaper. She prefers to return to the same spot to poo and pee despite having used a few household cleaners/disinfectant to treat the spot.

I learnt that dogs will still be able to smell the scent of their poo/pee despite having cleaned the spot thoroughly. What's needed is an enzymatic cleaner such as Simple Solution's Stain & Odor Remover or Nature's Miracle.

Does anyone here know where I can get these locally? Perhaps something similar? I visited pet stores at Ikano, Taman Megah and MV-Mega Mall but couldn't find any. Appreciate some useful pointers. Thanks.

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 7, 2008, 3:04 PM

Post #2 of 6 (5885 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jonwindermere] Stain & Odour Remover [In reply to] Can't Post

Try using vinegar to clean the spot and leave the newspaper on that spot first to get ur dog used to the newspaper.

~Nature's Way: Raw Food for Health ~

~ Pet ID Tags: A MUST For Every Pet! ~

jonwindermere
Novice

Oct 8, 2008, 2:16 PM

Post #3 of 6 (5822 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acsyen] Stain & Odour Remover [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you for the suggestion. I've done exactly as adviced but my puppy prefers to tear up the newspapers. Anyway I bought a playpen to restrict full access of the house.

irarakt
New User

Nov 20, 2008, 10:53 PM

Post #4 of 6 (5506 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acsyen] Stain & Odour Remover [In reply to] Can't Post

Is it work by apply Vinegar ? On the spot he pee or ...?? Please advise. I used to spray "odour remover" but does not work.

The advise from pet shop is they does not pee /poo at the place where they eat or sleep!

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 24, 2008, 12:55 AM

Post #5 of 6 (5469 views)
Shortcut
Re: [irarakt] Stain & Odour Remover [In reply to] Can't Post

Vinegar is to use as a cleaning agent. There are many ways to train them to pee n poo but of cos you must use the right way also..

~Nature's Way: Raw Food for Health ~

~ Pet ID Tags: A MUST For Every Pet! ~

icelads

Dec 15, 2008, 5:10 AM

Post #6 of 6 (5105 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jonwindermere] Stain & Odour Remover [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, i'm not an expert on dog, i just have 1 precious one..., just want to share my experience with you, dog when they are young, they tends to do business everywhere, we need to be patient to their habbit :) ofcourse training is still needed but when they grow up (about 1 yr old), they will automatically potty trained. taking care of puppy just like taking care of a baby :) just treat them like a baby, then u will be more patient :) good luck

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my