Home: Behavioral Problems: Aggresive Dogs and Puppies:
my puppy aggressive attitude

damaskrose
Novice

Sep 23, 2008, 6:10 PM

Post #1 of 8 (11103 views)
Shortcut
my puppy aggressive attitude Can't Post

My puppy of 6mnths is a lovely darlin bt sumtimes he can get rili aggressive n try 2attack me..he used 2b an aggressive pup,vet said he is tryin 2b protective of himself,mayb he ws bullied by human in d past..All i nd 2do is gain him trust..I hd been keepin him 4past 4mnths,doesnt tht duration is long enuf 4him 2trust me? Bcz he seems 2behave aggressive on certain time oni,example wen thr is guest @home (thr is wen i ll chain him).. Othr thn tis,his method of playin wt me r oso rough,he ll bite softly n pull my hand or tee 4me 2knee down n play wt him,bt now days he is bitin harder.. He is very smart n cn b very obidient.. Doc said if he is stil behavin tis way,v might hav 2put him down as he cn b harmful 2othr.. I love my puppy alot, i dowan 2lose him..Cn any1 help me?

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 23, 2008, 7:17 PM

Post #2 of 8 (11093 views)
Shortcut
Re: [damaskrose] my puppy aggressive attitude [In reply to] Can't Post

which vet u go to eh? seems like a very lousy one. put down a 6 mths old puppy cos he bites when he plays. pls ask him to go stop practising. he must have killed many innocent dogs. aggressive means want to kill everytime. does he do that? very seldom to see a 6 mth old dog with a killing instinct. you just need to send your dog for training or maybe behavioral classes. this age is good to train. you just need to know how to handle your pup. let me know if you need a contact. your dog might not know how to play properly and you are not his leader that is why he is challenging you.

~Nature's Way: Raw Food for Health ~

~ Pet ID Tags: A MUST For Every Pet! ~

damaskrose
Novice

Sep 23, 2008, 10:44 PM

Post #3 of 8 (11068 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acsyen] my puppy aggressive attitude [In reply to] Can't Post

i ll appreciate if u cn teach some method of handling a puppy..like hw 2gain his trust n bonding...

nikemax
Novice

Sep 26, 2008, 8:33 AM

Post #4 of 8 (10946 views)
Shortcut

the vet has to be fired bcz of his words..its normal tht pups bite.the problem nt bcz of his past experience,might bcz of his inherant behavior.bt u may train him urself s well..like playing with him,n give him a loud order to stop tht habit while playing too rough...a well trained dog take bit of time,do bear with it..hope u make it

damaskrose
Novice

Sep 26, 2008, 5:18 PM

Post #5 of 8 (10916 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nikemax] my puppy aggressive attitude [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks for your advise..im trying my best to train him, glad to say that he is fast learner.. im goin thru alot of articles n books on dog training as well..

daniellechua02
Novice

Oct 8, 2008, 7:02 AM

Post #6 of 8 (10368 views)
Shortcut

When your bring your puppy back home, you should let him know that you are the leader where he should follow you and get your permission before do anything include going inside or outside, sitting on the sofa, and etc. If you are acting clearly as a master, then your puppy will understand and know his position and strengthen the trusting relationship and helping you to control your dog. This will help to prevent the aggressive behavior from developing.

First of all, when getting your puppies back home you should start with the most simple and basic dog training-socialization skills for your dog. As this is the basic and simple dog training that every dog should undergo!

Dog socialization skills should start at the age of three to eight weeks old as this is the sensitive period for socialization where once the skills had been developed, it will last forever and great influences on the sociability of the dogs in future. Good socialization skill’s dogs will be friendlier and less fearful to human they were socialized with. But dog socialization skills need to continue until the adulthood as there are cases where dogs had no traumatic experiences when they were puppies but became fearful and aggressive later on.

dogcareschool.com/?p=30
dogcareschool.com/?p=50

In Reply To

Danielle Chua
www.dogcareschool.com

Love and Understand your dog, pinurl.com/loveyourdog

e66ie
Novice

Nov 4, 2008, 3:54 PM

Post #7 of 8 (9729 views)
Shortcut
Re: [daniellechua02] my puppy aggressive attitude [In reply to] Can't Post

Another thought for you: Some dogs are "mouthy" - they communicate more by using their mouth example: getting your attention by biting your hands or clothes.

zephyros
Canine Addict

Jan 5, 2009, 6:12 PM

Post #8 of 8 (8345 views)
Shortcut

how's ur growing pup doing?

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my