Does cool milk suitable for puppy?

totoro76
Novice

Sep 17, 2008, 12:46 AM

Post #1 of 7 (2598 views)
Shortcut
Does cool milk suitable for puppy? Can't Post

Hi,

I just brought a milk from petshop for my 9mths puppy as the daily meal. The first two days, he was fine for it and seems very enjoying of his new meal. But then, on the 3rd day, his stomach start feeling not very well and he had been pooh twice (not the solid one). Therefore, I was wondering whether cool milk is suitable for puppy?

Please advice

TQ

Cass Lee
Novice

Sep 17, 2008, 12:17 PM

Post #2 of 7 (2590 views)
Shortcut
Re: [totoro76] Does cool milk suitable for puppy? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, I had some advice from vet. Although milk might be good to dog but they tend to be lactose intolerance after they weened. Their stomach might be upset follow by diarrhea. Moreover, cool drinks or food from fridge is not suitable as well. They tend to bring problem. I use to reheat (not cook but steam) dog can food preserved in fridge before serving. You can look for Lactose Free Milk, prevent cool storage, reheat cool milk (warm, not hot don't spoil the nutrients) or seek advice from vet.

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 17, 2008, 9:55 PM

Post #3 of 7 (2559 views)
Shortcut

9 mths old no need milk already le... if u wan give goat's milk or specially made puppy milk. free of lactose.

~Nature's Way: Raw Food for Health ~

~ Pet ID Tags: A MUST For Every Pet! ~

totoro76
Novice

Sep 18, 2008, 5:00 PM

Post #4 of 7 (2537 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Cass Lee] Does cool milk suitable for puppy? [In reply to] Can't Post

Dear Cass,

thanks for the advice. Yeah, I had start to reheat the milk instead giving him the cool one. The milk is lactose free. He so enjoying his breakfast now....

totoro76
Novice

Sep 18, 2008, 5:10 PM

Post #5 of 7 (2535 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acsyen] Does cool milk suitable for puppy? [In reply to] Can't Post

He!he! Because he just so enjoying his daily breakfast meal.. and therefore I still giving him milk although he had been 9 mths... No worry, I giving him the free lactose milk which was sold in the petshop....

He just so 'playful' baby dog.....

EricYip
Novice

Sep 20, 2008, 6:49 AM

Post #6 of 7 (2491 views)
Shortcut

As for opinion and experience, puppy that is more then 4months should start consuming dried grain dog food. At the initial stage, owner can still give a mixture of milk n dried grain dog food in different timing of feeding as meal, this will help the puppy to change it's diet behavior slowly from milk to dog food. Another Frown point of giving your puppy dried grain dog food is to avoid the odour from its dejecta.

samaria
New User

Dec 25, 2008, 2:07 AM

Post #7 of 7 (2090 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Cass Lee] Does cool milk suitable for puppy? [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Hi, I had some advice from vet. Although milk might be good to dog but they tend to be lactose intolerance after they weened. Their stomach might be upset follow by diarrhea. Moreover, cool drinks or food from fridge is not suitable as well. They tend to bring problem. I use to reheat (not cook but steam) dog can food preserved in fridge before serving. You can look for Lactose Free Milk, prevent cool storage, reheat cool milk (warm, not hot don't spoil the nutrients) or seek advice from vet.

I also think so.....I am agree with...

nutrecare.co.uk

(This post was edited by samaria on Dec 25, 2008, 2:10 AM)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my