Trust

jmonteiro
New User

Sep 11, 2008, 11:59 PM

Post #1 of 2 (7309 views)
Shortcut
Trust Can't Post

Dear all,

I am very new to this forum. I have a very good and obedient black labrador. He's quite a charmer although he has alot of energy. He is a year old. He is quite easy to train, obedient when out with walks with me, playing fetch in the mini bush near my house, get it to obey basic commands and charm others when i am playing with him.

Well, thts the good part. He is a year old and i would like to seperate him from his crate, basically he will be a free dog. He is walked 1-2 times a day and when i say inside he will automatically go in (particularly when he has done something wrong).

So this is the problem i am facing now. He has gone off the biting shoe habit after alot of traning although he takes the shoes and placces them elsewhere, atleast he does not bite it. As soon as i have locked all doors at nite and he is a free dog, he goes on a biting rampage. He bites, anything he can find, even the filter from a small pond we have. I am not suprised if i find him in our bigger pond one day, since they love water.

Well so i do not have the trust. I do not trust him to run wild around the house for an hour without me having to go and check on him. I feel very uneasy when he is free. The house is about 7000 sqf.

So, from time to time i will let him free at nite, just to see the progress. But the results has possibly only changed minimally. I want him to be a free soul, he is a good dog, but this is the problem i'm facing. Tht gives me a big let down sometimes.

How do i overcome tht?

daniellechua02
Novice

Oct 8, 2008, 7:18 AM

Post #2 of 2 (6347 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jmonteiro] Trust [In reply to] Can't Post

If you let him to run around freely during night time, then you will need to give him dog toys/dog treat to play around so that he will not get bored.

As when he get bored, he will start to play around/biting with things surrounding him.

What is a crate mean to your dogs actually? I would say crate is my dog’s playpen in the house; His seat belt when traveling in the car and his beloved room in the hotel or strange places. Crate training is very comfortable for both dogs and dog’s owners if you do it appropriately.
Danielle Chua
www.dogcareschool.com

Love and Understand your dog, pinurl.com/loveyourdog

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my