Home: Dog & Puppy Health: Skin Conditions and Diseases:
Shih Tzu - Skin Problem

snowgirl
New User

Aug 29, 2008, 11:31 PM

Post #1 of 4 (17235 views)
Shortcut
Shih Tzu - Skin Problem Can't Post

Hi, I have a 6 months old Shih Tzu. She is in good health since her borne .Recently, I found out there is redness like pimples on her body especially one day after bath. But I did not change the shampoo brand ¨C Earthbath (Mango Tango Flavor). The pimples will be reduce after four five days. In my case, I will bath my dog every Saturday... Monday - the pimples appear seriously but on Thursday or Friday -become less.

I brought my dog to vet twice. The first time, the doctor provides antibiotic and the second time request me to change her food to lamb. But still the same... Where is the problem from ?

szetwinne
Novice

Mar 6, 2010, 4:16 AM

Post #2 of 4 (15498 views)
Shortcut
Re: [snowgirl] Shih Tzu - Skin Problem [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, I know its long time ago, but did you ever find out what is wrong with your puppy? I just got my shihtzu, 4mths old now. She also has the pimple like on her body n I think it itches. The vet said not to feed her pedigree. I read from online that a lot of commercial pet food is sensitive to shihtzu breed since shihtzu has sensitive skin. I change to RoyalCanin but I just read on this forum that it isn't good for dogs cause its too salty and the puppy tend to drink more water, which is exactly what I notice with my puppy too.

So, did you solve you problem? What are you feeding your shihtzu?

Jennifer Leong
Novice

Jul 13, 2010, 11:24 PM

Post #3 of 4 (10558 views)
Shortcut
Re: [szetwinne] Shih Tzu - Skin Problem [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Shih Tzu Owners

I have a dog that was diagnosed as having the skin disease passed down by the mother. Vet said that it is impossible to get a 100% cure. My dog was then given some medication and if it recurs, i will have to get the same medication for him again. Lately, i discovered a miracle solution. Now my dog is completely healed and infected skin has dried up. No signs of spreading and recurrence till far. If any of you are interested, do email me at jenniferleong208 . I'm more than willing to share and help since all of us are dog lovers and its heartsick seeing our precious falling sick.

szetwinne
Novice

Mar 4, 2011, 10:43 PM

Post #4 of 4 (8565 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jennifer Leong] Shih Tzu - Skin Problem [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Jennifer, I totally forgotten that this site existed and am starting to have some problems wif my shihtzu again. Wasn't able to send u a private message. Do let me know how I can contact you. Tks!

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my