Home: Lost & Found: Lost, Missing or Stolen Dogs:
Wandering Bassett Hound found near Kulai / Simpang Renggam area

genesis
New User

Aug 12, 2008, 4:09 AM

Post #1 of 2 (1368 views)
Shortcut
Wandering Bassett Hound found near Kulai / Simpang Renggam area Can't Post

A bassett hound was found wandering somewhere near Kulai or Simpang Renggam, Johor, sometime in May 2008.

A lady in the area took pity on the dog and asked her relatives to take care of the dog until someone comes looking.

An Indian gentleman came around looking for a lost bassett hound and the lady told him where to go to pick up the dog but until now nobody turned up.

The lady did not manage to get any phone numbers or name.

If you are the person who lost the bassett hound. Please email me your contact number and the dog's name and preferably a photo of the dog as verification. Also, there is an unusual marking on the dog's ear, tell me what kind of marking is it and on which ear, then i will know for sure that you are the owner.

Please email to genesis_yew@yahoo.com

many thanks.
genesis

p.s. 1-9-2008

Went to the veterinarian last week to check if the Bassett Hound had any microchip but sad to say there isn't any. The dog seems to be not more than 2 years old according to the vet. In good health, Tri-colour velvety coat, beautiful bone structure, male, very well groomed by the original owner.

Sometimes we feel that the dog misses his original owner. It has been 3 months now and still no one comes looking. The dog loves to bite toys and chew things, so we had to buy a lot of greenies chewables and other chewables food for him in order for him to stop biting other things..

Please, if you know anyone who lost a bassett hound please email me with your phone number at least, then we will talk over the phone to arrange for collection of your dog..

I can't simply give away anymore details because i have heard of people from the "black market" who pretend to be owners or who knows the owner and then takes the dog and put them in cages to sell to third parties. The dog would be in a terrible shock if this happens to him.

(This post was edited by genesis on Sep 1, 2008, 10:24 PM)

genesis
New User

Sep 30, 2008, 5:23 AM

Post #2 of 2 (987 views)
Shortcut
Re: [genesis] Wandering Bassett Hound found near Kulai / Simpang Renggam area [In reply to] Can't Post

It has been four months since my family and I first temporarily adopted the lost tri-colour Bassett Hound (3 solid colours and with black dots around his coat).

Until now nobody showed up nor did i receive any emails.

The Hound was very naughty when he first came to our house. Urinate and poops everywhere, bump into things and knocking them down and not familiar with human touch.

We suspect the former owner kept him in a cage. We however, took him for long walks and total freedom in the garden environment at our house.

Now, he is very well behaved since my sister took many hours training him.

Yesterday, on the 28th September 2008 we finally had to give him away to an animal clinic owner because we are unable to keep him anymore. The Hound does not get along with my existing older dog and long walks around the neighbourhood alone is quite dangerous especially now in Kulai there are so many news on terrible crimes.

If the owner comes across this email. He can still contact me to take back his dog as I am able to contact the new owner.

Bye bye to the cutest Bassett Hound on this side of the world.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my