Home: Dog Rescue and Adoption: Animal Friends:
German Shepherd wanted for adoption

tina18
Novice

Aug 8, 2008, 11:26 PM

Post #1 of 19 (11570 views)
Shortcut
German Shepherd wanted for adoption Can't Post

We had a German Shepherd last year. She died. Looking for another German Shepherd for adoption. Pretty expensive to purchase one. Anyone feel like giving away for adoption?

Need a good guard dog since my son is alone at home after school.

I live in KL.

Thank you.

Tina

(This post was edited by tina18 on Aug 9, 2008, 12:10 AM)

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 9, 2008, 1:47 AM

Post #2 of 19 (11555 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tina18] German Shepherd wanted for adoption [In reply to] Can't Post

try spca selangor... they do have adult GSD for adoption sometimes...

Sookie's Photo Gallery
DON'T BREED AND BUY, WHILE HOMELESS ANIMALS DIE.
EVERY DOG SHOULD HAVE A HOME.

tina18
Novice

Aug 9, 2008, 11:24 PM

Post #3 of 19 (11527 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ai_ney] German Shepherd wanted for adoption [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks ai ney. I called. theres a rude indian girl there.

I'll try somewhere else.

Thanks again/

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 10, 2008, 8:25 AM

Post #4 of 19 (11517 views)
Shortcut

Can't afford to purchase one how can you afford to maintain one? Mongrels can be very good guard dogs too. And they are cheap to maintain. If I were to rehome a GSD I will make sure the adopter pays for all the medical cost of the dog and also sends it for training.

~Nature's Way: Raw Food for Health ~

~ Pet ID Tags: A MUST For Every Pet! ~

tina18
Novice

Aug 10, 2008, 7:59 PM

Post #5 of 19 (11492 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acsyen] German Shepherd wanted for adoption [In reply to] Can't Post

Purchasing and maintaining one are two different catagories. Purchasing involves a big sum of cash on the spot. Maintainance does not involve as much money as purchasing. Its on a monthly basis. Having a father in law a Sargeant Major who also trained G.Shpherds, we know how to maintain one. Dont judge a person by your standard. Pretty low.

khengteik
ALPHA

Aug 11, 2008, 7:38 AM

Post #6 of 19 (11469 views)
Shortcut

you cant blame us to be sarcastic.... there are tons of people here who know nuts about dogs but want to adopt GSD's, GR's, Doberman's etc for FREE.....

from my point of view, 90% of so called dog LOVERS or experienced people with dogs are nothing compared to the poorest of people in Thailand.... the way they take care of strays.... like their own dogs... have you fed stray dogs??? i know i haven't but i'm very ashamed of myself when i saw the amount of TLC the people of thailand treat the strays.... they make sure each and every one of the dogs have a portion of the food... and also they would make sure that the strays do not fight for the food... they make sure the dogs are sleeping at somewhere safe at night.... those dogs are 100% STRAYS...

I would not agree with the food that they feed the dogs.... as they are often given leftover foods or the shampoo that they use for the dogs.... a few saloons keep the water that is used to wash customers hair and use it to bath the dog.... but at least they are doing all they can for the strays there....

I've only seen about people taking care of disabled dogs/animals in the internet or in Animal Planet.... and when i've seen it with my own eyes the lengths that family went to take care of a disabled dog... it would put even doctors or nurses to shame...

however, that is not what i can say about some dog owners here.... some who are in the higher income group just wants pedigrees.... all because it is a symbol of status... but only feed their dogs with leftovers or very low grade dog food.... pedigrees are well known for their low immunity and also alot of medical problems.... and these are the things that alot of so called dog owners/lovers do not wish to know about....

some people would say not to compare the people of Thailand and the people of Malaysia.... however, i could not not compare.... but in this case... i'm comparing the people in thailand who do not have dogs but treat all strays as their own and the dog owners/lovers here.... although this comparison might seem unfair to the people in thailand.... but in the end of the day... they win hands down...

if you have enough time.... go thru the adoption posts... and if you are a true dog lover... you will get what i mean.... and i have said it again and again and again... do not look for a dog because of its breed....

love a dog because it is a breed... the dog will love you back with enthusiasm... love a dog because it is a dog... it will love you with all its heart... dogs have more senses then us humans... they can feel alot of things that humans cant...

as you were saying, which is quite true... purchasing involves a large amount of money on the spot but maintenance is on a monthly basis.... so what about medication for heartworm?? vaccination??? tick prevention.... medications for maybe HD??? and if very unlucky, what if the dog has yeast infection??? or if not spayed/neutered, cancer??? or other medical problems that arises??? some of these problems do require a large amount of money ON THE SPOT have you ever thought of that?

Frown i think i better rest my case... if not then alot of ppl will say long time no see me post msg... but sekali post tembak ppl kau kau.... Frown

anyway, feel free to ponder on what i have mentioned... or shoot me back....

YEN.... i want to see the pics of the JR pups.... i heard they are very freaking cute.... Frown

A dog is a man's most loyal friend.

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 11, 2008, 3:58 PM

Post #7 of 19 (11460 views)
Shortcut

No wonder the SPCA person is rude to you. Maintenance might and might not involve a lot of money. But what happens if the dog falls sick. Go to a lousy cheap vet that makes your dog worst? Or go to a good one and you might be charged thousands? That would be equivalent to buying a new dog. Then put the old dog to sleep is it? This is exactly what is happened to my GSD.

You come in without any introduction and expect us to know you from top to toe. Sergeant doesn't mean much to me at all. Training is just a small part and police dogs are just treated as working tools. Why should I give my GSD to someone who will treat my dog as a tool? I judge by the way you present yourself and this is the impression you give me. Pretty much failed my interview to get new owners for my GSDs. I have 2 in fact..

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 11, 2008, 4:03 PM

Post #8 of 19 (11459 views)
Shortcut
Re: [khengteik] German Shepherd wanted for adoption [In reply to] Can't Post

Alamak forgot to send you. Later i go upload and send you some.

khengteik
ALPHA

Aug 11, 2008, 5:55 PM

Post #9 of 19 (11450 views)
Shortcut

hehehe... thanks.....

A dog is a man's most loyal friend.

tina18
Novice

Aug 11, 2008, 8:21 PM

Post #10 of 19 (11433 views)
Shortcut
Re: [khengteik] German Shepherd wanted for adoption [In reply to] Can't Post

no time for mindless argument. empty vessels make the loudest noise.

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 12, 2008, 12:43 AM

Post #11 of 19 (11400 views)
Shortcut

aiyo, dun care abt a rude indian girl there la... important thing is u wan to adopt a dog n they do hv adult gsd, sometimes... perhaps u could visit spca selangor in person... there are very friendly volunteers there... all the best! Smile

Sookie's Photo Gallery
DON'T BREED AND BUY, WHILE HOMELESS ANIMALS DIE.
EVERY DOG SHOULD HAVE A HOME.

Vic Tea
Enthusiast

Aug 16, 2008, 8:16 AM

Post #12 of 19 (11274 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ai_ney] German Shepherd wanted for adoption [In reply to] Can't Post

Went to Subang SPCA once few months back...very friendly people and dogs there. Most of them speak hokkien...I guess penang lang ah!

About the GSD, it it the one with ear problem?? how is he now?

picasaweb.google.com/ckthee/ROLEXTheWatchDog

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 17, 2008, 8:16 AM

Post #13 of 19 (11235 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Vic Tea] German Shepherd wanted for adoption [In reply to] Can't Post

SPCA is in Ampang. The one in Subang is PAWS. Yes quite a few volunteers in PAWS speak hokkien though not all from Penang.

Vic Tea
Enthusiast

Aug 17, 2008, 8:43 AM

Post #14 of 19 (11233 views)
Shortcut

Ops! Blush

picasaweb.google.com/ckthee/ROLEXTheWatchDog

jeszebel
Dog Kichi

Sep 9, 2008, 1:31 PM

Post #15 of 19 (10821 views)
Shortcut

hope you find your dog =] i gave up finding the right dog for me already... went to see so many people. just coz im not chinese all wanna be racist with me. so sakit hati d... haiz

iwuffu
Novice

Oct 14, 2008, 6:50 PM

Post #16 of 19 (10290 views)
Shortcut

if youre looking for a good guard dog please call lucy @ 0127330200! you wont be dissappointed! F.O.C as she is a pet rescuer

colinchin
Enthusiast

Oct 14, 2008, 9:18 PM

Post #17 of 19 (10283 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
No wonder the SPCA person is rude to you. Maintenance might and might not involve a lot of money. But what happens if the dog falls sick. Go to a lousy cheap vet that makes your dog worst? Or go to a good one and you might be charged thousands? That would be equivalent to buying a new dog. Then put the old dog to sleep is it? This is exactly what is happened to my GSD.

You come in without any introduction and expect us to know you from top to toe. Sergeant doesn't mean much to me at all. Training is just a small part and police dogs are just treated as working tools. Why should I give my GSD to someone who will treat my dog as a tool? I judge by the way you present yourself and this is the impression you give me. Pretty much failed my interview to get new owners for my GSDs. I have 2 in fact..

Well said acsyen, agree with you. Trying to use someone's rank and file personnel to influence another is no good. What does rank has got to do with the ability to train a dog ? I see no relevance between the two. Working dogs here are treat very much differently from those in overseas counter part where the dogs there are treated as part of the security forces not as a tool ie personnel instead of a tool. Have seen, witnessed it all here. Wonder they know the difference. Cheers.

Gus-Gus
Canine Addict

Oct 19, 2008, 5:31 PM

Post #18 of 19 (10221 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Purchasing and maintaining one are two different catagories. Purchasing involves a big sum of cash on the spot. Maintainance does not involve as much money as purchasing. Its on a monthly basis. Having a father in law a Sargeant Major who also trained G.Shpherds, we know how to maintain one. Dont judge a person by your standard. Pretty low.

Rude b!&*h! With an arrogant attitude like that, no wonder she didn't get a good response from the SPCA.

Having a father-in-law who is a Sergeant Major (the CORRECT spelling for the rank, Tina18) is no basis by which to claim the right to adopt a GSD. And adopting a GSD is not a right of anyone.

As for standards, if Acsyen or any of the rehomers here had such low standards, Tina18 would have got her free GSD by now.

"The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated" Mahatma Ghandi.

mbless
K9 Kaki

Oct 26, 2008, 8:53 AM

Post #19 of 19 (10140 views)
Shortcut

Hi the GSD with ear problem is adopted already by a very good family. They took him with his bad ear and another skin problem labrador. Very kind family. Thanks for asking about him.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my