First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

kalaelan
Novice

Jul 10, 2008, 5:54 PM

Post #51 of 87 (4194 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dowk2301] Chihuahua Club - Getting in contact [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

Thanks for yr info..can u advice me , did Chi laoud tougue??

Thx

Kay

dowk2301
Dog Kichi

Jul 10, 2008, 6:30 PM

Post #52 of 87 (4188 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kalaelan] Chihuahua Club - Getting in contact [In reply to] Can't Post

Sorry, I did not get what you mean. Are you asking if Chi's are noisy. Yes and No and it depends a lot on you as to how you train the Chi. Chi are known to be very possessive of their owners and they do bark if you're not known to them. Just like the Min Pin. However, there are also extreme cases where Chi won't bark. My Chi does not bark at all. Friends who sees her are all very surprised to note that she does not whelp or bark. Instead, she socialize very well with human. Occasionally, she barks when she hears a foreign sound but stops once we begin to investigate. From the very first day when I took her back, she has been a very good dog especially in the night. She sleeps when we sleep and even she is awake, she is quiet and does not crave for attention. She is also trained to do her business in the cat litter. She pees and poos there. In fact, she is so clean that she will not poo if there is poo in the litter box. She knows how to go back into her own cage when she knows her time is up. She is just simply obedient and adorable. It is only lately when she has some eating disorder but is healing now. beginning to eat again on her own. Hallelujah!

kalaelan
Novice

Jul 10, 2008, 8:19 PM

Post #53 of 87 (4183 views)
Shortcut

hi, thaz 4 info. The reason I ask is Im working, 1 of my kid will be around until 12, then the other one wil be back only at 1.30, so in between there nobody in house. Im worry the puppy will make noise. Anyway Im staying in apart. my neigh(below) is Malay. Thts Y.

How about Duchshen breed.. is this also a noisy type.....

Thz

Kay

luckey
ALPHA

Jul 10, 2008, 9:52 PM

Post #54 of 87 (4175 views)
Shortcut

HI everyone, we just got a new chi called Chiwawa... wanted to say hi and also find out if there are any dog owners out there with chis and big dogs... we already have 2 goldens and 1 english cocker. The chi is our 4 year old son's dog (coz he wanted a small one, and we were nervous about him playing with our bigger dogs coz the cockers can sometimes snap). He adores her. Now just wondering if they can ever mix or if we have to keep our chi totally separate from the big ones. BUt if anyone has experience keeping big and mini breeds, would love to hear.

NIce to see other chi lovers out there, I must say they are quite an adorable breed!

dowk2301
Dog Kichi

Jul 10, 2008, 11:11 PM

Post #55 of 87 (4173 views)
Shortcut

If you intend to keep the dog in the house or apartment, Chi is a better choice than dashund. Dashund are from the hound group and though they are short, they need space to move around. They are known to bury and if you live in an apartment, i would strongly advise against getting a dashund. A chi is the best for small space or in-house dog. Like I said, it is difficult to conclude that all CHi can be quiet but they sure can be trained. I have actually left my Chi unattended at home without us for more than 8 hours when we go to church for special functions. She is ok and it comes through training too. When you're back, assure her again that your back and give her time. The essence of it all - training. Chi can be trained when to bark or not to. It would be too much to write in here but you can get books on this.

dowk2301
Dog Kichi

Jul 10, 2008, 11:18 PM

Post #56 of 87 (4172 views)
Shortcut
Re: [luckey] Chihuahua Club - Getting in contact [In reply to] Can't Post

There are successful stories of Chi mixing with larger breed dogs like GR. be careful though when you fix socialize them especially your dominant dogs are larger males from the larger breed. You MUST be there to supervise. It may take months before all your dogs are well socialized. In the meantime, one way that could help is to segregate the outdoor dog which are your larger breeds and the indoor dogs which is your toy dog. At evenings when you're around to supervise, allow them to socialize. remember one thing, even though your dogs socialize well, you still need to be there as larger dogs most of the time do not know their own size and strength and while playing, they may accidentally hurt the smaller breed dogs. In short, be there to supervise at all times. As in your case, it is easy to set the apart - indoor and outdoor dogs.

kalaelan
Novice

Jul 10, 2008, 11:43 PM

Post #57 of 87 (4169 views)
Shortcut

Hi, Nice choice..Well Im looking Chi too..Can u advice where can I find. 1

Thz

Kay

Riccaval
ALPHA

Jul 11, 2008, 1:34 AM

Post #58 of 87 (4167 views)
Shortcut

Hi.....is that you Jennifer?

wow your son is 4 already....time really passes by fast. And what a coincident, I have recently got invoved with Chi's.....I have 3 now and Ashley (remember her) is in charge of them.

My passion is still with CKCS........but Chi is close.

I will try to get some pic up soon.

Meantime.......hi to all Ch owners.

Cheers

dowk2301
Dog Kichi

Jul 11, 2008, 4:11 PM

Post #59 of 87 (4143 views)
Shortcut

I know the pet shop Summer Pet in SS2 has lot of Chi from time to time. Got mine there. Alvin, the guy who works there, probably can help you.

kalaelan
Novice

Jul 11, 2008, 5:15 PM

Post #60 of 87 (4139 views)
Shortcut

Hey, thanks for your info. Hw much I can get?? Im staying in Klang, do u know any hv Chi??

Regard

Kay

luckey
ALPHA

Jul 11, 2008, 6:11 PM

Post #61 of 87 (4133 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Riccaval] Chihuahua Club - Getting in contact [In reply to] Can't Post

HI Derrick

Yeah its me! Never thought i'd own a chi but since my son wanted her so bad, we got her and she is really adorable! Really scared about the small/big dog mix thing tho! OUr chi lives indoors and sleeps with us and the others unfortunately got delegated outside after Jack was born.

But chis are quite feisty.. when Chiwawa first met Luckey (who was treadmilling in our living room) Luckey was very happy to leave her alone, then Chiwawa started to bark, so Luckey barked back! Now all 3 of our big dogs bark at her :( oh dear!

are your chis long or shorthaired? Yeah do post some pics. I will try and put some up soon too :) nice to b in touch again!

dowk2301
Dog Kichi

Jul 11, 2008, 10:39 PM

Post #62 of 87 (4113 views)
Shortcut

Actually, I'm Dominic and not Derrick. Sorry for the wrong person. Anyway, my Chi is a long-coat but i cut her fur regularly and she now look like a short coat. I prefer to have the clean sleek look. Will post some pics once we get the updted pics.

Riccaval
ALPHA

Jul 14, 2008, 11:24 PM

Post #63 of 87 (4073 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dowk2301,Luckey] Chihuahua Club - Getting in contact [In reply to] Can't Post

haha..sorry dude, Luckey was replying to me....I'm derrick.

topic related....here are my Chi.s .....All long coated

Hannah.................... Billy..........................Miley

(This post was edited by Riccaval on Jul 14, 2008, 11:36 PM)

mizeakira

Jul 29, 2008, 4:59 AM

Post #64 of 87 (3931 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

So sorry for such late reply, been really busy lately.
I hope your Chi is alright now. I never experience anything like that before. My chi is very greedy and always eat thats why she is a bit overweight. If there is any problem with your chi, you should consult a vet immediately.
FrownmizeakiraFrown

emilycmlooi
Novice

Jul 31, 2008, 12:23 AM

Post #65 of 87 (3894 views)
Shortcut

HI DERRICK,

EMILY HERE...I DUN C ANY CHI PICS. I THINK THE LINKS HAD BROKEN DOWN. PLS UPLOAD AGAIN. JUZ CUROIUS TO C....HAHAHA
Emily

Riccaval
ALPHA

Jul 31, 2008, 12:51 AM

Post #66 of 87 (3886 views)
Shortcut
Re: [emilycmlooi] Chihuahua Club - Getting in contact [In reply to] Can't Post

ok...here goes

mizeakira

Jul 31, 2008, 4:01 PM

Post #67 of 87 (3871 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

Your chihuahuas are so cute. Do you show them also? Their coat look really nice.
FrownmizeakiraFrown

Riccaval
ALPHA

Jul 31, 2008, 6:52 PM

Post #68 of 87 (3857 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mizeakira] Chihuahua Club - Getting in contact [In reply to] Can't Post

thks.....yes they will be shown once they are ready.

connielim
New User

Aug 16, 2008, 9:56 PM

Post #69 of 87 (3734 views)
Shortcut

Smile hi all

i hv a male chihuahua, pity him no partner for so long. does any one here need to find boyfriend for their female chi? we are staying in shah alam.

Frown

sally755
Novice

Oct 18, 2008, 1:45 AM

Post #70 of 87 (3409 views)
Shortcut
Re: [connielim] Chihuahua Club - Getting in contact [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, just discover this Chihuhua club. So, so, so happy

My chi, Whitie, is 7 years old now (OLD LADY LIO!), short hair, creamy colour. Had 7 pups from 3 pregnancy, 2 died. Pups mixed with Australian Silky Terrier, their look like the daddy but the size is after the mummy.

irisbaggins
Novice

Oct 20, 2008, 11:37 PM

Post #71 of 87 (3351 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sally755] Chihuahua Club - Getting in contact [In reply to] Can't Post

Here goes my post....

Name: Tesco

She's about to be 11 months. Very active and smart.

Things she can do: Dance, Sit, lay down, Roll over and ball catching.....

And most of all I LOVE HER!!!!!

(This post was edited by irisbaggins on Oct 21, 2008, 12:32 AM)

tacobell
New User

Oct 28, 2008, 10:32 AM

Post #72 of 87 (3264 views)
Shortcut
Re:Chihuahua Club - Getting in contact [In reply to] Can't Post

Count us in ...

teebek/5 months/male/black white tan/deer face+long leg/KL

pokemon/3 months/male/red white/apple head+short legs/KL

I like the idea of gathering chihuahua moms and paps to exchange ideas and experience on raising chihuahuas. I got my first chihuahua from puppy.com. 2 months later I bought another irresistible one from the same breeder.

Teebek the big one is playful,athletic,and gentle. Pokemon the short one may look like a cute dolly but he is the fearless macho one.

These little gremlins are simply a bundle of joy.
Attachments: PnT001.jpg (72.3 KB)
  PnT002.jpg (73.4 KB)
  PnT003.jpg (71.5 KB)
  PnT004.jpg (71.3 KB)

woodstock
Novice

Jan 10, 2009, 3:54 AM

Post #73 of 87 (2994 views)
Shortcut

Hi everyone!

I have 2 furkids. 1 Rabbit - Mickey (3 years old) and 1 Chihuahua (8 months) - Boo. I used to hate chihuahua cause I have the impression they are fierce and barky but when I hold Boo in my arms, I couldn't resist. :) He was calm and cool.

There are some ppl in the thread looking for chihuahua. If u can wait, it's better to adopt. Even if you can't wait, pls do not buy from a petshops or a pet traders unless they can proof to you thier pups are not from puppy mills. Buying pups from puppy mill will condemn the parents to a life of absolute misery (http://stoppuppymills.org). It's better to buy pups from reputable breeder where you can visit the parents and see thier living condition.

I made a mistake when I was purchasing Boo. I bought him from a pet trader. This pet trader keep all of the dogs in a house. B4 we visit the house, my bf and made an agreement. The moment we find ourselves walking into a puppy mill, we'll leave. The place was pretty decent and didn't look like a puppy mill @ all. The moment we hold Boo in our arms, we totally forgot to press further to view the parents so I can't be sure Boo is not a puppy mill product. My bf and I were suppose to act uninterested in order to bargain for a discount but we forgot abt that as well!

You will find breeders in http://www.adpost.com/my/pets/Dogs/ Read a bit abt buying pups from a good breeder b4 calling up the ppl in adpost or else you wouldnt know what questions to ask or how to guage whether that person is a good breeder.. I failed in this area so I cant give u any tips.

And.. some of you mention abt worrying abt ur dog barking when no one is around. Pls go to http://www.cesarmillaninc.com/

I learn a lot from Dog Whisperer. :) Just a summary : Chihuahua tends to be barky and protective of thier owner because due to thier size, they hardly get corrected when they misbehave and they think thier owners are weak so they have to be strong to protect them. If your dog is barky or aggresive... it's your fault. :) You will find the dog whisperer video in youtube or video podcast. You will be amazed on how a dog's bad attitute or phobia can be fixed easily.. If you are only interested in chihuahua video, pls use the keyword Nunu, demon, chihuahua to look for the video.

I am taking Boo to obedience school next month. Anyone interested? (http://www.petnyou.com.my/) :) We can use this weekly obedience school for our little chihuahua gathering.

Nice "chatting" with u guys and gals! :)

tacobell
New User

Jan 10, 2009, 8:38 AM

Post #74 of 87 (2987 views)
Shortcut
Re: [woodstock] Chihuahua Club - Getting in contact [In reply to] Can't Post

What a small world... My chi and I are taking our graduation test this Sunday, 11 Jan. You are lucky coz you get to join the first indoor toy breed class held by petnyou.

We did our training on the outdoor football field. Sometimes just the wet grass and sand(not to mention big red ants that would love to bite your ass when you are getting in their way) are enough to make a comfort loving chihuahua refuse to take your "sit" or "down" orderTongue

Peebek's classmates includes a rottweiler, golden retriever, poodle, westie and a JRT. It was fun but scary sometimes. It's kinda stressful for the little guy to be sandwiched in between huge rottweiler and golden retriever, nevertheless the class was very well conducted by the instructor. Smile

We might continue another stage if Peebek pass his OB test tomorrow. hahahah

You know what... it might be a coincidence that Peebek is also 8 month old. His was born on May 21. What about yours?

(This post was edited by tacobell on Jan 10, 2009, 8:58 AM)

woodstock
Novice

Jan 12, 2009, 6:49 PM

Post #75 of 87 (2924 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tacobell] Chihuahua Club - Getting in contact [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi tacobell,

How did the test go? Hope everything went well for the both of u. :)

Oh.. that's great! I prefer indoor classes cause I hate the sun. :)

Ya.. I agree.. being the smallest in the group can be scary for the little guy. How did u prepare Peebek for the class? I think Boo will spend his whole lesson shivering. He doesn't have many friends. He only knows me, my bf and a rabbit that refuse to play with him so he's pretty much unsocialized. I try taking him out for dinner and visits families as often as I can but till now he is pretty much a timid dog.

I dont know his birth date cause he doesn't have a cert. He is a giant chihuahua... he weight 2.5kg. When I check his weight on a chihuahua growth chart to estimate his full grown size, I found out he is totally off the chart. How heavy is ur chi?

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my