Home: Dog & Puppy Health: Skin Conditions and Diseases:
Maltese Skin Problem... HELP!!!

cutevb19
Novice

Jul 29, 2008, 4:26 PM

Post #1 of 9 (4988 views)
Shortcut
Maltese Skin Problem... HELP!!! Can't Post

My 4 months Maltese having this skin problem... His legs have this moist flaky skin. Look like dandruff to me but some is quite moist. Some dry dry... He's not so often do the scratching to me. But whenever he does, he did it few times. Include scratching his face area, biting his legs.

He's eating Eukaneba puppy since I got him. Last week is his first grooming day outside. The groomer suggest me to change to Eukaneba Lamb & Rice. I'm still using Bark 2 Basic Shampoo n conditioner.

Can any1 tell me what to do? Any other remedies other than going to vets. Cos I heard going to vets, they will only give you antibiotics and the problems still coming back after finish the meds.

Help~~~~CrazyCrazy

mizeakira

Jul 30, 2008, 2:42 PM

Post #2 of 9 (4970 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cutevb19] Maltese Skin Problem... HELP!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey,

My Bambi use to scratch a lot.which caused her skin to be flaky. I use to apply some lotion on her dry spot. Sometimes I put some powder so that it will decrease the itchiness. And it kind of work but not sure if it will help your dog.

I think if the skin conditioned is getting worst, you should really consult a vet and see what they can do.

Frown
FrownmizeakiraFrown

cutevb19
Novice

Jul 30, 2008, 4:20 PM

Post #3 of 9 (4969 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mizeakira] Maltese Skin Problem... HELP!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

arlo..

Yea, i did put d powder to his legs... but didn't put a lot though.

Wanted to bring him to vet, mayb this weekend. any good vets suggestion. I'm staying at kota damansara.

mizeakira

Jul 31, 2008, 4:15 PM

Post #4 of 9 (4951 views)
Shortcut

Hmm, I know there is one good one in Taman Megah called Yeoh Vet Clinic or something like that. My friend recommended to go there and its quite good.

Hope your maltese get well soon.Frown
FrownmizeakiraFrown

cutevb19
Novice

Jul 31, 2008, 5:50 PM

Post #5 of 9 (4944 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mizeakira] Maltese Skin Problem... HELP!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

yii... i thought this vet is not so good 1? Some ppl complaint that they are expensive 1 also... Unsure

Now my furkid is slowly changing his diet to Eukaneba lamb n rice. this morning i saw his body not so red and d flaky skin is not so bad as before. Dunno is it because of this diet... wanna observe 1st before sending him to vet... Wink

Hopefully he's better now...^^

mizeakira

Jul 31, 2008, 7:41 PM

Post #6 of 9 (4937 views)
Shortcut

Really ah? I dunno le then. That's the one I usually go to. Oh ya..Maybe your dog sensitive to the food le. I heard that this lamb and rice good for sensitive skin.Frown
FrownmizeakiraFrown

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 31, 2008, 10:04 PM

Post #7 of 9 (4932 views)
Shortcut

This vet is very good. But there are few vets practising there. Dr Yeoh is the best.. And your dog is possibly having mange. Better go check up dun delay. Secondary stage affects humans...

~Nature's Way: Raw Food for Health ~

~ Pet ID Tags: A MUST For Every Pet! ~

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 31, 2008, 10:04 PM

Post #8 of 9 (4932 views)
Shortcut

This vet is very good. But there are few vets practising there. Dr Yeoh is the best.. And your dog is possibly having mange. Better go check up dun delay. Secondary stage affects humans...

~Nature's Way: Raw Food for Health ~

~ Pet ID Tags: A MUST For Every Pet! ~

boco

Jul 31, 2008, 10:07 PM

Post #9 of 9 (4932 views)
Shortcut

Yeoh Veterinary Clinic is good but expensive. Consultation fee is ~RM40, i think.

It's better not to feed beef, chicken, lamb, corn, gluten, wheat to sensitive skin. Also, too much protein in diet can caused red spots.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my