Home: Dog & Puppy Health: Skin Conditions and Diseases:
skin redness and sensitive

Veanne
K9 Maniac

May 20, 2008, 12:08 PM

Post #1 of 10 (5791 views)
Shortcut
skin redness and sensitive Can't Post

hihi... need some help please... my shiro has skin redness and sensitive problem when i adopted him... bring him to the vet already... he had the medicine already... the skin redness and sensitive problem is improving and he a lot better when he's taking the medicine... but the problem is back when he stop taking the medicine.. does that means he have to rely on the medicine...??? and the skin redness problem on the body is solved... but then the area around the mouth still no improvement...

anyone can recommend me a reliable vet...??? setapak area if possible...

i would really appreaciate your help.. thanks...

~L0v3 SHIRO 4 EveR~

FLK

Jun 13, 2008, 3:38 PM

Post #2 of 10 (5689 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Veanne] skin redness and sensitive [In reply to] Can't Post

Hai ! Skin problem is actually quite difficult to cure but it is also depends on the type of skin problem. Our country's wheather is one of the reason to cause the skin problem. Anyhow, because you are staying in Setapak, so you can go to a vet around Jalan Tun Razak, the name is Animal Clinic but it will be quite expensive. Another choice also, if you have transport, you can go to some clinics in Kepong, like Animal Medical Centre and PE First. Just the slightly opposite of Jusco, next to the Happy Court hawker centre. And you can also go to Puchong, St. Angel to look for Dr. Sunita, she is also a good vet. Skin problem we have to treat for quite sometimes, I suspected your dog has mange problem but anyhow it has to dinogsis by the doctor.

Veanne
K9 Maniac

Jun 14, 2008, 10:11 AM

Post #3 of 10 (5663 views)
Shortcut
Re: [FLK] skin redness and sensitive [In reply to] Can't Post

i went to the animal clinic in jalan tun razak before... but still the same.. shiro seems to getting better when he's on the medicine... but then the skin redness will come back when he stop taking medicine... Pirate anyway, thanks for the info... i will try the kepong one first...

~L0v3 SHIRO 4 EveR~

barbie
Novice

Jun 17, 2008, 6:56 PM

Post #4 of 10 (5587 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Veanne] skin redness and sensitive [In reply to] Can't Post

I do not have any vet info around your hous area, but might be able to provide some tips for your dog's diet.

External:
  1. Do keep your dog in clean environment most of the time, and clean its feet after an outing as will prevent any ticks/mites bearing on its skin.
  2. Keep its coat in puppy cut or shaved down condition, this will help in healing the skin faster.
  3. Do not use any conditioner/moiturising shampoo on it, as the moisture element will block the skin pores which eventually make the skin condition worsen.
  4. Use medicated shampoo instead. Some medicated shampoo will need to be left-on the skin for 5-10 minutes, this will be a better choice.

Diet:
  1. Avoid any food with chicken/mutton ingredients, as this will irritate sensitive skin more.
  2. Feed your dog with food enriched with fatty-acid (fish oil), or fish meat.
  3. Complete anti-biotic prescription given by the vet, to boost it's immune system.

Hope this helps,

Barbie. =)

angeline84ng
Novice

Jul 19, 2008, 4:22 AM

Post #5 of 10 (5318 views)
Shortcut
Re: [barbie] skin redness and sensitive [In reply to] Can't Post

Skin problem can't eat mutton? Is lamb mutton as well? Petshop say its good for his skin... Please help..my dog also have skin problem...

Unimpressed

Anderson

Jul 25, 2008, 6:19 AM

Post #6 of 10 (5253 views)
Shortcut
Re: [barbie] skin redness and sensitive [In reply to] Can't Post

My pup too have skin problem, he has rashes around his body. he will scratch. The vet said it might need to take antibiotic until he is one year old Pirate After finish the antibiotic my pup skin problem back again.
I did try feed him dog biscuit with lamb n rice, McLee shampoo, cream specially for dog but cant cure.

Imagine the cost of medication is so expensive, I bought it RM92 for only 14 tablets Unimpressed

Any other way to cure this skin problem? some old folk teach me to use coconut oil mix with sweet potato leaf juice to apply on the dog....Frown the cost efficient way but will it work???

kelwts
Dog Kichi

Jul 29, 2008, 5:57 PM

Post #7 of 10 (5159 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Anderson] skin redness and sensitive [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi

Firstly , What are you feeding your dog with ? Extremely high protein food also causes red spots " hot spots " to your dogs body . Check out the protein level of yr dog food

Regards

kelwts

Anderson

Jul 30, 2008, 4:47 AM

Post #8 of 10 (5145 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kelwts] skin redness and sensitive [In reply to] Can't Post

he still a puppy, so I feed him puppy food. eg. pro plan

cutevb19
Novice

Jul 30, 2008, 4:23 PM

Post #9 of 10 (5137 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Anderson] skin redness and sensitive [In reply to] Can't Post

hi, my mikey also have skin redness plus with this flaky things on his legs. Frown is it d same condition as yours?

Im feeding him with Eukaneba n slowly changing to Eukaneba lamb n rice.

Anderson

Jul 30, 2008, 8:23 PM

Post #10 of 10 (5128 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cutevb19] skin redness and sensitive [In reply to] Can't Post

My Vet recommend to feed my pup Salmon ingredient dog food. The price sure expensive a bit Frown

Over heard that price will increase in Aug08, donno whether is true? anyone heard about it?

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my