Home: Behavioral Problems: Aggresive Dogs and Puppies:
GR changed due to new place?

mikichua
Novice

Jul 24, 2008, 2:57 AM

Post #1 of 4 (9030 views)
Shortcut
GR changed due to new place? Can't Post

on behalf of my firend. need urgent help.pls advice!!

Hueppert is a male, GR. His owner (my friend) had been posted to somewhere to work and therefore cannot take care of him anymore. She had send Hueppert to her dad so tat occasionally she can be back to KL to play with him. In KL, her dad already have 2 adult dog which is quite old. Somehow Hueppert became very very very fierce,(to other dogs only) he almost killed one of the small doggie in the house, Romeo.

He bit romeo on his neck so bad that romeo was motionless for 20 mins... everyone thought he was dead already..so her dad was trying to separate them by beatting Hueppert but he still didnt let go of the dying-romeo.. thank God that my firend was also in KL and able to seperate them...

Romeo manage to lifted his head up after 20 mins lying like a carcass. then he started walking dizzily... he shivers till the next day.. too much of pain.
The next day when they examine romeo's neck has several holes and was wounded seriously.

Romeo is a super ego dog. he still growls at hueppert whenever hueppert is near curly (the other 3rd dog)

QUESTION:
1) if giving up adoption..which should be given away? Romeo is adult but not aggressive. Hueppert is young but aggressive

2) If keep...How to make sure this incident won't happen again?

pls advice

alicewpy
Novice

Jul 26, 2008, 12:07 AM

Post #2 of 4 (8993 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mikichua] GR changed due to new place? [In reply to] Can't Post

This is a difficult decision and would depends on yr friend's parents as the dogs are living with them. The assumption made here would be both Curly and Romeo are living together w/ no issues till Hueppert arrived. Generally, the last dog would be given up for adoption. This is because the other 2 have been living with the owners and the bond has been established over the years. This is only my personal opinion and may differ in truth.

For a start, try to keep all 3 dogs but ensure that Hueppert is not left alone (unsupervised) with Curly & Romeo to prevent similar incident from recurring.

mikichua
Novice

Jul 29, 2008, 6:14 AM

Post #3 of 4 (8955 views)
Shortcut
Re: [alicewpy] GR changed due to new place? [In reply to] Can't Post

thank alot alice!
will let her know your advice.

myzanordin
ALPHA

Jul 29, 2008, 7:42 PM

Post #4 of 4 (8941 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mikichua] GR changed due to new place? [In reply to] Can't Post

From my personal point of view, the GR is trying to show whose alpha in the pack. I am shock too, cos, GR is a naturally friendly and sweet dog, though..and is able to adapt to any situation. They are sweet towards cats and smaller dogs..but again, it depends..

The rest of the dogs shld be introduced bit by bit and to be seperated for the time being. Their meetings shld be supervised by human...u cn try talking to Acsyen..she is normally in the forum under Rescue and Adoption. She is a Rescuer and have quite a number of dogs with different personality. she might be able to refer you to someone too..

Good luck. Dont loose hope. There's always a solution...

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my