Home: Behavioral Problems: Behavioural Issues - General:
Active when see me

eddie_had
Novice

Jul 4, 2008, 12:27 AM

Post #1 of 6 (3335 views)
Shortcut
Active when see me Can't Post

My parents told me that, whenever i'm not at home my Shih Tzu very quiet and listening.

But whenever he see me after I back from work, he started active and ran towards me. Bark and want to play.

Is this normal? Have you been to this experience?

boco

Jul 4, 2008, 12:43 AM

Post #2 of 6 (3332 views)
Shortcut
Re: [eddie_had] Active when see me [In reply to] Can't Post

Your dog misses you, so it get excited when see you return and want to play with you.

eddie_had
Novice

Jul 4, 2008, 2:55 AM

Post #3 of 6 (3321 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boco] Active when see me [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you for your advice, but when he naughty I will cane & scolded him very very hard.

Like yesterday, he afraid of me because I scolded & cane him due pee anywhere he like.

Then he not dare to see my face, only till this morning I talk to him only then he realiases that I no more angry towards him.

May I asked, is a dog will know we angry on him.

Sorry yah, i'm first time as a dog onwer.

Scotch

Jul 4, 2008, 4:14 PM

Post #4 of 6 (3306 views)
Shortcut

Yes, a dog knows when their owner is angry with them. Some will stay as far away as possible from them to not get beaten again.

Don't get angry with him when he's so happy just to see you. If you keep doing this, he might learn that when you come back, you'll get angry so he won't greet you like he usually did.

Can I suggest that you toilet train your dog? Teach him to pee at the spot you want him to.

boco

Jul 4, 2008, 5:15 PM

Post #5 of 6 (3300 views)
Shortcut

Your dog is going through change of environment and still getting use to the new home. You need to toilet train it again. Scold only if you caught on the spot your dog pee in the house. Else your dog won't know why it get scolded.

eddie_had
Novice

Jul 4, 2008, 7:25 PM

Post #6 of 6 (3289 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boco] Active when see me [In reply to] Can't Post

Now we find a good place for him to pee n poo.

While the toilet training I wish to moved new house only then I train.

Because I will be moving to new house latest by next year after CNY. Some more, got xtra toilet to train him.

In the mean time, for the last 2 days ah. My dog bark around 6.30 am in the morning. The reason was he wanted to pee & poo. Because, he know the place that was unshaded. Not sure, he giving us indication that it might rain and he might not able to do his business when rain. Is that TRUE.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my