Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Dog's Rights and Protection:
A pity pug-what could I do?

S@llY88
Novice

Jun 21, 2008, 11:51 AM

Post #1 of 10 (12123 views)
Shortcut
A pity pug-what could I do? Can't Post

After reading some of the threads here, I found it is still much more to do to protect the dogs. I am new here I hope I could get some advices.

My friend J rents a room in Sunway because she needs to study there. Recently, she found a pug which is still a puppy at the back of her house. It is belonged to the neighbour but it lives under a bad condition. First, the owner ignores the pug and let it tied up for 24 hours within a little space. Second, water provided by them are dirty and yellowish. It always have to stand on his poo poo or pee pee by no choice. And more than that, the owner always beats it up for unknown reason using an iron ruler. That makes it so scared of human and shows its fierce face to everyone who gets near to it. Everyone there thinks the pug is mad.

J tried to loose and play with it to cheer it up. At first it felt uneasy and acted to bite J. Now it knows that J is not a scary person and started to obey her a little bit. after J got some food for it and spoke to it, it became better. As what J told me it eats like never ate a better food before. Now the problem is the owner seems not feeding anymore Crazy. It is just left there without a proper caring. I feel heart broken to hear this news happen around. I will visit it as soon as possible to see what can we do to save it. I don't know how much we can do cause both of us are students and the pug is belonged to the neighbour. Is it nothing we can do? Now I am worry the pug is starving because my friend has come back to hometown.

Most of these cases would happen on mongrel but the pug seems to be a pedigree (not sure whether it is pure breed or not). Besides, the owner also owns a cat but its condition is far and away better than the dog. At least the cat is staying in the house with the owner. I don't think he is caring the pug anymoreFrown Even my Mico is treated much much better than it despite it is mixed breed. I don't understand why people are doing that.

loves dogs always
loves Mico as my daughter ^^

supermutts
K9 Senior

Jun 24, 2008, 4:59 AM

Post #2 of 10 (12064 views)
Shortcut
Re: [S@llY88] A pity pug-what could I do? [In reply to] Can't Post

these are many of the sad cases involving animals....

u can try to report it to the spca.. and then u will know if they will take any action...

one thing u sure can do is, to educate anyone you know, not to buy dogs or animals as pets..

No Buying! No Selling! No Breeding!

Don't Lost your dogs!!
Please make sure they are safe at home!

S@llY88
Novice

Jun 25, 2008, 7:16 AM

Post #3 of 10 (12033 views)
Shortcut
Re: [supermutts] A pity pug-what could I do? [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for your reply. I am looking for person to adopt the pug. Hope I could get him a good owner. Dun wan he stays beside washing machine without good food and water.

loves dogs always

myzanordin
ALPHA

Jun 25, 2008, 7:40 PM

Post #4 of 10 (12019 views)
Shortcut

Hai,

U manage to rescue the dog from the cruel owner? Otherwise, please call SPCA & get the doggie out from the bad condition. Hope u all the best, in re-homing

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Jun 26, 2008, 2:59 AM

Post #5 of 10 (12004 views)
Shortcut

hi, this case is so similar to a case i reported to spca more than 2 years ago... the poor pug is left at the backyard 24/7 without proper shelter n drinking water... spca went to inspect n advice, n the pug owner (a student) took the pug back to hometown so the father can take better care of the pug...

there r 2 things u could do... 1 is to report to spca, give exact details such as address of this house, n follow up to ensure spca go to investigate... 2, depending how the owner is, ur fren could try to talk to him, ask him if he has no time to care for the pug, u can help to find a new home for him...

i could help... pugs have a very special place in my heart... i hv a a pug adopted from spca, has fostered pugs for spca, n recently rescued 1 from being put to sleep... if we could get the pug out from tat miserable place, i could help foster n rehome him... u can contact me to discuss further, 017-3386317... hope to hear from u soon...

Sookie's Photo Gallery
DON'T BREED AND BUY, WHILE HOMELESS ANIMALS DIE.
EVERY DOG SHOULD HAVE A HOME.

S@llY88
Novice

Jun 26, 2008, 6:29 AM

Post #6 of 10 (11992 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ai_ney] A pity pug-what could I do? [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for your kind reply. I have requested J to take good care of him for temporary. Now we are waiting whether her roommate's dad want to take it back to hometown. We are still waiting for the owner's response. By the way J is taking care of him now. The little pug has food and water and she also plays with him whenever free. I have visited it few days ago, the room mate help to clean it up first since the owner does not care at all. It looks quite healthy that make me feel better a bit. I have taken a few pictures too. Hope we can help as much as we could. Will update its news again later on. Now is waiting for the responses from owner and potential new owner.

loves dogs always

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Jun 26, 2008, 6:02 PM

Post #7 of 10 (11967 views)
Shortcut

ok, keep us posted... u have my number if u need help with this poor pug...

Sookie's Photo Gallery

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 5, 2008, 7:26 PM

Post #8 of 10 (11756 views)
Shortcut

hi sally, any update on the poor lil pug?

Sookie's Photo Gallery

jacksontan
Novice

Jul 5, 2008, 10:37 PM

Post #9 of 10 (11752 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ai_ney] A pity pug-what could I do? [In reply to] Can't Post

...so sad...baby pug somemore..when Ben was a baby ( i worked very late ) ...my gf and her sister helped to take care of Ben. I still felt very bad towards Ben...so I sayang him more now ...if help is required...a few days is ok with me.

Hope you get a good owner for the puppy...ai_ney keep up the good work in saving doggies.

S@llY88
Novice

Jul 6, 2008, 7:10 AM

Post #10 of 10 (11739 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jacksontan] A pity pug-what could I do? [In reply to] Can't Post

ya the baby pug finally is adopted by J's room mate's dad in Kuantan

before he delivered it he asked her daughter to buy dog food and take care of it everyday

So I think it would be alright d, thx for all to offer helps of the pity pug

It is so glad we could help it get out from those terrible conditions.Smile I thought to call up SPCA but this is no longer required.

Hopefully baby pug is living in a sweet home now. I will update news with J's room mate later on.

loves dogs always

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my