Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Lost & Found: Lost, Missing or Stolen Dogs:
Poor dumped or lost dog at BU3/6, Bandar Utama needs help urgently!

aaserimas
New User

Jun 20, 2008, 11:28 PM

Post #1 of 24 (4868 views)
Shortcut
Poor dumped or lost dog at BU3/6, Bandar Utama needs help urgently! Can't Post

This once beautiful and magnificent but now sadly thin and malnourished female dog has been found loitering in Bandar Utama (Jalan BU3/6 - near the playground) for several months. She is either a lost and missing dog or a dumped dog.She has a chain around her neck but no tag, had been running around with the male dog of a neighbour which is let loose everyday and recently she gave birth to several puppies (fathered by the neighbour's male dog?) and the puppies has been kept at that neighbour's house. This female dog is let into the house for very short periods of time to nurse her pups and then kept out of the compound the rest of the day. As a result she wanders up and down along Road 6 foraging for food. She is now very skinny and her bones are showing. She also chases cats for food. She appears to be a friendly dog because I see passersby stop and pat her on the head and she wags her tail eagerly, but no one feeds her properly except for a rare morsel or two from passersby on lucky days or takes her home.

People often accuse us Muslims of being cruel to dogs but as an animal lover myself I cannot understand how someone can abandon (or not search for her if she is lost) such a wonderful dog and why these people can touch and hug her (and take her pups) but not take her home to care of her properly as she appears such a friendly dog.

I do not wish to call in the local authorities as I know they will send in the cruel hired dog-catches who will handle her very harshly before putting her down, poor thing, and the SPCA says they do not have anyone to send to pick her up, so I am appealing to kind dog lovers in this forum to see if there is anyone who might adopt her as this girl looks like a beautiful dog and certainly deserves a chance to live.

If you drop by along Road 6, you will certainly see her loitering or running with a cream male dog, poor dear! I managed to snap her pictures although she came towards me and tried to lick me!

This is the least I can do for her because she is also God's creature. I am sorry that I cannot do more as I cannot touch her.

I think many residents of Bandar Utama are very cruel and irresponsible as I see lots of animal dumping, especially little kittens which have not even opened their eyes ... and this is very sad because these people are teaching their children that it is alright to be cruel to animals and to dump the very young kittens in garbage areas leaving them to die.

Thank you.

(This post was edited by aaserimas on Jun 20, 2008, 11:43 PM)
Attachments: DOG01.jpg (35.2 KB)
  DOG02.jpg (35.9 KB)
  DOG03.jpg (37.8 KB)
  DOG04.jpg (38.1 KB)

melmel
K9 Maniac

Jun 21, 2008, 1:47 AM

Post #2 of 24 (4846 views)
Shortcut
Re: [aaserimas] Poor dumped or lost dog at BU3/6, Bandar Utama needs help urgently! [In reply to] Can't Post

Is there any kind soul hsehold in tat neighbourhood can confine d dog so SPCA can pick up directly?

Rgds/ meow meow

(This post was edited by melmel on Jun 21, 2008, 2:01 AM)

janthk
Canine Addict

Jul 2, 2008, 8:51 AM

Post #3 of 24 (4652 views)
Shortcut
Re: [aaserimas] Poor dumped or lost dog at BU3/6, Bandar Utama needs help urgently! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you for being such a kind soul and for being concerned enough to post here at this forum. My friends and I have gone around the neighbourhood to search for this dog. We found her without any trouble at all. She was at the playground when we found her. We have fed her and taken her home. She is indeed a very friendly dog and will make a fantastic companion for anyone who is interested to adopt her. Judging from the colour of her eyes and her markings, I think she is a Husky mix. She is such a good girl. As we have 4 dogs between my friends and I, we left Sheeba (That's what we call her now) in the compound of the house. She is very quiet does not bark. She seems friendly to the other dogs too. We will be bringing her to the vet tomorrow to give her a full check up and to vaccinate her. Will update more after the visiting the vet.

Once again thank you for being so kind. The world will be a much better place with more people like you.

yeee
Canine Addict

Jul 3, 2008, 1:55 AM

Post #4 of 24 (4623 views)
Shortcut
Re: [janthk] Poor dumped or lost dog at BU3/6, Bandar Utama needs help urgently! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Janthk,

U and your friends are really kind. If you don't mind I ask are you or your friend staying in BU as well?

I came across a man who rents a corner house with land in BU to keep rescued dogs. I am happy to come across good samaritans like you guys : )

janthk
Canine Addict

Jul 3, 2008, 6:22 PM

Post #5 of 24 (4597 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yeee] Poor dumped or lost dog at BU3/6, Bandar Utama needs help urgently! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Yee,

Thanks for the compliment. My friends and I are dog lovers. We have 5 dogs between the 3 of us and we treat them like our kids. They have the best of everything. When you think about it, the stray (I am calling her Sheeba now) has nothing at all. Dont even have regular decent meals which is just the basics. That's why we decided to rescue the dog.

We have brought Sheeba to the vet yesterday. She has already been dewormed. We are not able to vaccinate her yesterday as we have to observe her for a week first. So we are hoping to get her vaccinated next week.

She is so so so friendly. She is so manja with humans and gets along well with other dogs as well. We brought her to another friends place where there are about 5 or 6 dogs around her. She never once show aggression. She is just a bundle of joy and love. I am so glad we rescued her. When she is ready for adoption, the person who gets her is going to be one lucky person. Smile

My friends and I stay at Damansara Utama. We drove to BU to look for this dog after reading the forum. I guess it is our destiny to rescue this dog as there were other rescuers who went there to try to rescue Sheeba but she was no where to be found. All we did was drove up to the road BU3/6 and she was right there at the field waiting for us. The moment we stepped out of the car and called for her, she came to us without hesitation. That's why I believe it is written in our stars that Sheeba's path and ours will cross.

Scotch

Jul 3, 2008, 6:31 PM

Post #6 of 24 (4594 views)
Shortcut
Re: [janthk] Poor dumped or lost dog at BU3/6, Bandar Utama needs help urgently! [In reply to] Can't Post

She looks like such a lovely dog. And from what you said, she really is a wonderful dog. You really are lucky to have found her. :) Will you be spaying her?

yeee
Canine Addict

Jul 3, 2008, 6:47 PM

Post #7 of 24 (4590 views)
Shortcut

Yea my dogs are my kids as well. Don't tell anybody that I have 5 dogs with me in my 22x75 double storey link house. Nice backyard walled up for 3. During the afternoon there is a little sun bathing can be done, sometimes windy but definitely very safe. 2 at the car porch. 4 of them are rescued and one is adopted.
Do update us of sheeba.

janthk
Canine Addict

Jul 3, 2008, 6:49 PM

Post #8 of 24 (4589 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Scotch] Poor dumped or lost dog at BU3/6, Bandar Utama needs help urgently! [In reply to] Can't Post

I will spay her if she does not get adopted soon. But if she does, then I am not gonna spay her but advise her new owner to spay her instead.

janthk
Canine Addict

Jul 3, 2008, 6:52 PM

Post #9 of 24 (4588 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yeee] Poor dumped or lost dog at BU3/6, Bandar Utama needs help urgently! [In reply to] Can't Post

I am looking to buy a house with nice measurements like yours. But my friends advice that now is not a good time to buy so I am still holding it off. i would like to get a house so that I can have more dogs and hopefully offer a home to a few more homeless and save a few lives.

aaserimas
New User

Jul 4, 2008, 11:54 PM

Post #10 of 24 (4524 views)
Shortcut

May God bless all you kind hearted people! I am so very glad for Sheeba.

Yeee, you mentioned a kind man in BU who rents a corner house in BU to help rescued dogs. Can you tell me the address, please? Because I still have some canned Pedigree dog food that I had bought to secretly feed the dog at night when I can and my family and neighbours aren't looking (shhhhh!!! don't tell anyone, ah! Wink). I want to pass the remaining food to this nice man as I think his pocket must be burning as things are so expensive these days ...

Thank you very much!

(This post was edited by aaserimas on Jul 4, 2008, 11:57 PM)

yeee
Canine Addict

Jul 6, 2008, 5:15 AM

Post #11 of 24 (4460 views)
Shortcut

I am not sure which unit but it is in BU12. I just went there once.
You can keep the food in your car like what me myself and some other friends do. So that we can feed the poor stray dogs that come to us wherever we go.

myzanordin
ALPHA

Jul 7, 2008, 10:34 PM

Post #12 of 24 (4410 views)
Shortcut

Hei Janice,

Good job! U memang destined to rescue her lah..Molly went there a couple of times. dapat. If u have pic of her,can e-mail me ?..wanna see hw Sheeba Princess Of The Jungle look like....

janthk
Canine Addict

Jul 7, 2008, 11:56 PM

Post #13 of 24 (4400 views)
Shortcut
Re: [myzanordin] Poor dumped or lost dog at BU3/6, Bandar Utama needs help urgently! [In reply to] Can't Post

sure Myza. I will email to you shortly. Heheh!1

janthk
Canine Addict

Jul 8, 2008, 12:32 AM

Post #14 of 24 (4395 views)
Shortcut

Just to keep everybody updated, I would like to show you some pics of Sheeba.

Here is Sheeba's pic when I took her jungle trackking.

(This post was edited by janthk on Jul 8, 2008, 1:20 AM)
Attachments: Sheeba jungle trackking.jpg (37.8 KB)

janthk
Canine Addict

Jul 8, 2008, 1:13 AM

Post #15 of 24 (4389 views)
Shortcut
Re: [myzanordin] Poor dumped or lost dog at BU3/6, Bandar Utama needs help urgently! [In reply to] Can't Post

Here is a pic of her playing with Ginger

(This post was edited by janthk on Jul 8, 2008, 1:16 AM)
Attachments: Sheeba playing with Ginger.jpg (40.2 KB)

janthk
Canine Addict

Jul 8, 2008, 2:35 AM

Post #16 of 24 (4378 views)
Shortcut

and one more pic of the queen of the jungle. ;)
Attachments: sheeba1.jpg (34.7 KB)

yeee
Canine Addict

Jul 9, 2008, 2:37 AM

Post #17 of 24 (4331 views)
Shortcut

Oh sweet. Sheeba herself didn't know that she could be so lucky to be found by you : ) and now she experiences the tender loving care from human that never before and she deserves everything good Smile

How sweet.

mbless
K9 Kaki

Jul 10, 2008, 6:37 AM

Post #18 of 24 (4278 views)
Shortcut

The guy is a friend of mine... He is a very nice man.. He does spent a lot on his dogs... You can sometimes see him walking his dogs around the main road of BU 12 that leads to Aman Suria, during his lunch hour or after office. You keep the dog food for other strays.
Take care. You are also very kind.

mbless
K9 Kaki

Jul 10, 2008, 6:40 AM

Post #19 of 24 (4276 views)
Shortcut

Hi Myza... how is Mel? Must be more handsome now. One of our kitten didnt make it. The other batch of 3 kittens, i think they are doing well.
Did you find your puppies as well? I saw another puppy with collar n bell caught by MPPJ and so far no one came for her.

myzanordin
ALPHA

Jul 10, 2008, 4:24 PM

Post #20 of 24 (4266 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mbless] Poor dumped or lost dog at BU3/6, Bandar Utama needs help urgently! [In reply to] Can't Post

Mel is doin great. Just got some problem with 'not able to poo poo' recently, Mira took him to the vet,then he's ok..The adopter will be taking him soon...will ve going to new home..

As for the puppies, I did not go to PAWS as I dont think I want to face bad news. My instinct says that puppies not caught by MBPJ but some illegal dog catcher. As it didnt make sense when the Nepalese guard says 'they threaten them that they will call the Police if the guard dont surrender the puppies' when the puppies are around 3 mths and caged safely. According to the MBPJ law, dogs are required to have license when they are 6 mths above only. Apart from that, my new neighbour told me that 3 of his puppies when missing too from his house compund. Kena curi.

Think there's syndicate stealing puppies to sell for foreigners to be eaten...sad ! sob ! sob! sob!...of course, the poor Nepalese guard, wld not know whether they are genuine dog catcher or not....i was having sleeples nite thinking of the puppies fate....

mbless
K9 Kaki

Jul 11, 2008, 6:21 AM

Post #21 of 24 (4224 views)
Shortcut

The last time Mel poo all over me and cannot stop in my house now pula cannot berak.. he real drama lah.

If MBPJ catch, they will come in a truck with cages and so far I see they wear a badge or blue MBPJ tee shirt. MBPJ catch any puppies even mother with puppies. They are all brought in to PAWS so we see them all the time. They only don't catch dogs in owner's compound or owners walking their dogs on leash. If you walk your dog off leash, they will catch too. It is against the law to walk our dogs off leash.

In 2 mths time, I will have plenty of puppies to pick... 2 strays just mated with the neighbourhood dog. The last time was 9 puppies, we picked up but only 1 survived.

myzanordin
ALPHA

Jul 11, 2008, 5:12 PM

Post #22 of 24 (4204 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mbless] Poor dumped or lost dog at BU3/6, Bandar Utama needs help urgently! [In reply to] Can't Post

That's what I thot so..but, the Nepalese guard couldnt explain how this dogcather look like. Plus, I am clueless cos the puppies are caged (not wandering on street) and they took them together with the cage too...so, that makes me conclude that they are not genuine. Anyway, if they are in PAWS, I tink they will have better chance for adoption than being with the Guard....

Molly, u dont do do neuter and release ke? If not, pengsan lah..how many puppies u want to rescue in BU. I think some Rescuer might be able get sponsor on the neutering and send to Dr. Ed, cheaper..

I have a female adult near my office which I have been feeding, quite tame...but till today, I dare not pick her up for neutering...I only berani pick up puppies...Btw, did u get me the Germacide?

mbless
K9 Kaki

Jul 12, 2008, 8:02 AM

Post #23 of 24 (4166 views)
Shortcut

I do try to catch the strays but no luck... have been feeding one, she see me she will still run away but she will know where I drop food and she will come and eat. The others are owners dog but release them out on their own to wander.
The cats at my back house also cannot catch. They will come tap my window and ask for food but will not let me touch them. When they see my Kit Kat, they hiss at her. My Kit Kat dont know she is a cat.. she thinks she is a dog. What to do... living with 5 dogs... she loves to give Max a massage... very good friend with Jewel. All the dogs love licking her and makes her busuk.

myzanordin
ALPHA

Jul 12, 2008, 5:28 PM

Post #24 of 24 (4148 views)
Shortcut

he he ..i know what u mean. UC my cat, think she's a dog too..though always kena buli frm the Basco & Brenda. One will pull her leg another one, will pull the telinga..maybe want to eat her like drumstick ...

Anyway, whenever I take the dogs for walk, she will follow-us. And the worst is, when we stop by to greet other dogs.She will go and kiss the dog too...aiyo...she think all the dog so friendly.So, now, when i take dogs for walk I will cage her..she will meow so loud, like I want to kill her...angry, cannot follow us !

Yesterday, I took the dogs in car for kai kai, she quickly jump in the car.Wnt to follow...Wacko cat!!

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my