Home: Behavioral Problems: Digging, Bitting, Licking, Pulling and Chewing:
Golden like to dig my grasses

dna2
Novice

Jun 5, 2008, 7:54 PM

Post #1 of 4 (7935 views)
Shortcut
Golden like to dig my grasses Can't Post

it is common for golden pup (1 year old) to dig hole in ur garden. but it is Mad me. how do it stop him from dig out the grasses from garden?? last resort is to tie him up at nite.

koruchann
Novice

Jun 11, 2008, 5:43 PM

Post #2 of 4 (7887 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dna2] Golden like to dig my grasses [In reply to] Can't Post

oh boy.. i'm afraid to stop ur GR from digging wud need a lot of time spent "spying" ur dog. U have to keep a close on ur dog, once u spot ur dog starting to dig, quickly jump out & yell "NO!" to startle ur dog. Otherwise u can throw an empty plastic bottle or light object , NOT AIMING at your dog, but clsoe enuf to startle it. Ur dog will associate digging = unpleasant consequences! Really need patience, all the best to u~ Smile

Another thing i notice my dog will dig wen i give her a rawhide bone. She so sayang to eat her bone she finds a spot & dig & hide her bone there & retrieve it later... Pirate My garden is all holes & numerous plants hav lost their lives. My 2 cents to u is just dun plant too many expensive plants... Or otherwise fence it up...

harky
Novice

Jul 1, 2008, 11:40 PM

Post #3 of 4 (7477 views)
Shortcut
Re: [koruchann] Golden like to dig my grasses [In reply to] Can't Post

think is very normal for dog to dig.. i once give my dog eat the rawhide guess what he dig my sofa.. (my house no soil)

S@llY88
Novice

Jul 6, 2008, 8:06 AM

Post #4 of 4 (7438 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dna2] Golden like to dig my grasses [In reply to] Can't Post

My girl has digged a big big hole as a place to hide her toy

I have tried to fill it back but ntg is better now

she likes to bury her toy (a round red egg) as if she laid it and bury it like turtle

loves dogs always
loves Mico as my daughter ^^

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my