Home: Dog & Puppy Health: Ear Care and Conditions:
I need help!!!!

luv_leehom517
K9 Maniac

May 18, 2008, 10:01 PM

Post #1 of 19 (13289 views)
Shortcut
I need help!!!! Can't Post

my doggie(poodle) ears got brown brown things inside....very disgusting........n she feel very itchy every scratch....untill little bit bleeding edi.....wat should i do...Pirate

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

May 20, 2008, 9:29 PM

Post #2 of 19 (13252 views)
Shortcut
Re: [luv_leehom517] I need help!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

hi, did u clean the ears? if itchy, maybe coz of ear mites... go to the vet, let the vet look at the ears, n buy some ear drop to clean the ears n treat the ear mites (if any)...

Sookie's Photo Gallery
DON'T BREED AND BUY, WHILE HOMELESS ANIMALS DIE.
EVERY DOG SHOULD HAVE A HOME.

luv_leehom517
K9 Maniac

May 24, 2008, 6:49 AM

Post #3 of 19 (13177 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ai_ney] I need help!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

any brand to regonize?can give some information abt ear mites?hahhehehe...thks

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

May 26, 2008, 7:14 PM

Post #4 of 19 (13109 views)
Shortcut

if just a solution to clean the ears, then can go to a pet shop n ask them to recommend, i dun hv a particular brand in mind...

for ear mites, need to get the vet to diagnose if it's really ear mites, if it is, the vet will recommend ear drop to kill the mites... more info ar, just google n u'll get lots of results ler, here's 1 www.thepetcenter.com/gen/em.html Wink

Sookie's Photo Gallery
DON'T BREED AND BUY, WHILE HOMELESS ANIMALS DIE.
EVERY DOG SHOULD HAVE A HOME.

Sonic Theory
Dog Kichi

May 26, 2008, 11:17 PM

Post #5 of 19 (13100 views)
Shortcut

Hi there,

I think what your dog has is a lot of ear wax that has been accumulating in the ear for some time. How often do you clean the ears? I think once you have a cleaning regimen, her ears will smell good again unless its having a bad infection.

I'm currently using this S'porean brand called "Eariffic" and it works for my furkid. No ear wax nor bad odour. I give her ears a major clean up on a weekly basis just before her bath time. And a quick wipe on the outer ear area every other day with the solution.

I also use Frontline Spot-on Combo, just add 2-4 drops into her ear canal to kill the mites - this was recommended by my Vet and also by Frontline's website. The rest of it goes on her shoulder blades.

Hope this helps.

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

May 27, 2008, 3:52 PM

Post #6 of 19 (13073 views)
Shortcut

There's one brand that I use but cannot remember the name cos it's at home now. Anyway it's blue in colour and it can prevent ear mites and cleans very well.

~Nature's Way: Raw Food for Health ~

~ Pet ID Tags: A MUST For Every Pet! ~

luv_leehom517
K9 Maniac

May 28, 2008, 1:25 AM

Post #7 of 19 (13048 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sonic Theory] I need help!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Oo...thks 4 the advice...my dog's ear smell terrible.....damn smelly.....will try to look 4 the thingy.....i cklean her ear once a week ar....can ar....or everyday

luv_leehom517
K9 Maniac

May 28, 2008, 1:27 AM

Post #8 of 19 (13047 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acsyen] I need help!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

wats the different between flea n ticks?i found a bigggggggggg kutu at her paws....when i wan to take up she will bite my hand ......but now i pinch the kutu until bleeding(i think die edi)buy the 'mayat' still stick on her body.....UnsurePirate

Sonic Theory
Dog Kichi

May 28, 2008, 1:44 AM

Post #9 of 19 (13045 views)
Shortcut

SInce it's so smelly & dirty, I think you should clean it everyday until it goes off. Then only you start a weekly regimen to maintain it.

Btw, I bought that cleaner from P.E.T.S.M.O.R.E but there are other brands available which are just as good I believe.

luv_leehom517
K9 Maniac

May 28, 2008, 5:47 AM

Post #10 of 19 (13039 views)
Shortcut

omg....so kebetulan de.....i bought all my doggie stuff there...OUG rite?behind the OUG plaza.....can use cold water to sapu ar....i try be4.....make her ear outside there clean...

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

May 28, 2008, 7:06 PM

Post #11 of 19 (13000 views)
Shortcut

flea is very small and run very fast wan u won't have chance to catch it unless the dog/cat has a lottt of it. Then it will cause skin problem too.. ticks are the types u saw lo..

luv_leehom517
K9 Maniac

May 30, 2008, 1:13 AM

Post #12 of 19 (12943 views)
Shortcut

O.o....means kutu ar?my Sabrina's ear i think is itchy n she use her own paws to scrATCH untill bleeding....i got a cream called 'Vetz Choise' there wrote can use 4 ithchy n dandruff....my dog ear outside oso got 'powder'...i think is dandruff.....so 'vatz choice' can use ar....

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

May 30, 2008, 7:56 AM

Post #13 of 19 (12936 views)
Shortcut

That ear cleaner is called Zap Ear. Have you taken her to see a doctor? I think she got some ea infection. Scratching too much on the ear can cause hematoma. It happens when they scratched a vein under the skin and fluid/blood gathers there. It can be cured if this happens naturally but the ears will be crooked alternately must go for surgery.. Better go get it checked and let her wear e collar to prevent the scratching.

luv_leehom517
K9 Maniac

May 30, 2008, 10:54 PM

Post #14 of 19 (12912 views)
Shortcut

eh ....don say so fast la....wats hematoma?can explain to me ar...can use Vetz Choise?ZAp ear can buy in petshop?how much izzit?see the attachment....is her ears photo

(This post was edited by luv_leehom517 on May 30, 2008, 11:03 PM)
Attachments: DSC00152.jpg (18.3 KB)
  DSC00153.jpg (16.9 KB)
  DSC00009.JPG (40.1 KB)
  DSC00011.JPG (40.4 KB)
  DSC00012.JPG (38.8 KB)

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

May 30, 2008, 11:38 PM

Post #15 of 19 (12904 views)
Shortcut

in short u gota see dr.. use medicine like otomax need antibiotics also maybe. in rush now..

luv_leehom517
K9 Maniac

May 31, 2008, 7:07 AM

Post #16 of 19 (12895 views)
Shortcut

wat penyakit u think it was?now i in kampung johor la...mana dpat cari vet?ok....tell me da brand,i cari in pet shop....this penyakit will cause die?

Gita
Novice

Jun 25, 2008, 6:48 PM

Post #17 of 19 (12312 views)
Shortcut

Hi,
Is Frontline Spot-on Combo available in Kuala Lumpur?
my baby has aural hematoma and I'm pretty sure it's due to mites- fleas at least.
Thanks
GitaFrown

Sonic Theory
Dog Kichi

Jun 30, 2008, 6:48 PM

Post #18 of 19 (12221 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Gita] I need help!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Sorry for the late reply and yes it is available in KL. I get my supply from Puppy Cottage, TTDI. Look up for Ryan or Rachel - they'll be able to help you out.

Not sure if other pet supply shops carry it, I've not been able to get it elsewhere so far and sometimes it is out of stock.

It is pricey but I rather spend the moeny rather than to deal with an infestation.

Gita
Novice

Jul 1, 2008, 7:37 PM

Post #19 of 19 (12176 views)
Shortcut

Thanks ever so much- will try and look for it.Frown

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my