Leaking Urine- Potential Ectopic Ureter- URGENT HELP NEEDED

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

shapeshifter

Mar 25, 2008, 2:10 AM

Post #1 of 38 (32717 views)
Shortcut
Leaking Urine- Potential Ectopic Ureter- URGENT HELP NEEDED Can't Post

Hi guys,

My beautiful little 5 month old GR (that's her in my profile pic), Sophie has has this leaky-bladder problem.

She has been toilet trained- and even goes to poo/pee properly.

Now, the problem is, she leaks urine while she sleeps & sometimes when she's walking around.

It wasn't really a problem, except for the smell, and the vet said she would grow out of it.

But, at this age, she still hasn't and now the vet says something is wrong but he doesn't know what & told me to get a 2nd opinion.

Sophie's got slight urine-scalding around the vaginal area, but is other a happy, healthy little pup.

I have looked up Ectopic Ureter and it sounds that she has that, but, I need a vet to run tests to confirm this & do the corrective surgery if tis is that.

Does anyone know a vet who can diagnose this/ perform the op if needed?

I do not care what the cost is, she is my baby & I've already lost one dog back in Jan & cear to lose another.

Please help.
~ A dog is the only one who will love you more than you love yourself~

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 25, 2008, 2:34 AM

Post #2 of 38 (32713 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shapeshifter] Leaking Urine- Potential Ectopic Ureter- URGENT HELP NEEDED [In reply to] Can't Post

i hear that UPM is the place to go to for serious problem like this... worth a try... all the best...

UNIVERSITY VETERINARY HOSPITAL (UVH)
UNIVERSITI PUTRA MALAYSIA
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
43400 UPM Serdang, Selangor
Tel: 03-89468317, 03-86563528
Fax: 03-89486722

or u can post in another forum... vet. com. my... to get opinions from vets there...

Sookie's Photo Gallery
DON'T BREED AND BUY, WHILE HOMELESS ANIMALS DIE.
EVERY DOG SHOULD HAVE A HOME.

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 25, 2008, 5:50 AM

Post #3 of 38 (32709 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shapeshifter] Leaking Urine- Potential Ectopic Ureter- URGENT HELP NEEDED [In reply to] Can't Post

I would recommend this clinic :-

YEOH VETERINARY CLINIC & SURGERY
126, JALAN SS24/2,
TAMAN MEGAH, PETALING JAYA 47301 SELANGOR
Tel No: 03-78048684
Fax No: 03-78052350

Look specifically for Dr.Yeoh himself. You can call up to make sure he is in. He is one vet with really long and good experience in this field. UPM is also good provided that the doctor must be good also. Yeoh's clinic has full equipments also and he has saved my dog before. Pls keep us all updated.. Thanks..

~Nature's Way: Raw Food for Health ~

~ Pet ID Tags: A MUST For Every Pet! ~

shapeshifter

Mar 25, 2008, 6:16 AM

Post #4 of 38 (32707 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ai_ney] Leaking Urine- Potential Ectopic Ureter- URGENT HELP NEEDED [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

thanks so much.

Only thing is Serdang is rather far, but I will def keep that in mind- even my mum said likely that would be a good place to start as we reckon they should have the necessary equipment.

shapeshifter

Mar 25, 2008, 6:18 AM

Post #5 of 38 (32706 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acsyen] Leaking Urine- Potential Ectopic Ureter- URGENT HELP NEEDED [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you.

This is a better and more convenient location for me.

Luckily my vet was honest about it and told me to seek a 2nd opinion as he didn't know what was wrong.

And told me that leaky-urine is not normal.

I will check out Dr Yeoh's clinic, thanks so much guys.

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 25, 2008, 6:22 AM

Post #6 of 38 (32705 views)
Shortcut

Sounds like a good vet you got there. Not many vets dare to admit that they dunno what's wrong. Smile

shapeshifter

Mar 25, 2008, 6:36 AM

Post #7 of 38 (32704 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acsyen] Leaking Urine- Potential Ectopic Ureter- URGENT HELP NEEDED [In reply to] Can't Post

Yea, I was very happy he was so honest with it and told me he also will check with other vets.

He spayed my other 2 girls.

Clinic's called Companion Animal Clinic in OUG, Jln Klang Lama.

Very good service and reasonable charges.

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 25, 2008, 6:17 PM

Post #8 of 38 (32693 views)
Shortcut

do send ur dog to Dr Yeoh asap then... keep us posted ya... Smile

Sookie's Photo Gallery

shapeshifter

Mar 27, 2008, 12:51 AM

Post #9 of 38 (32595 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ai_ney] Leaking Urine- Potential Ectopic Ureter- URGENT HELP NEEDED [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey, thanks for your recommendation of the UPM clinic, I did take my Sophie to the clinic in PJ.

The vet was really good! I'm impressed, plus he said he didn't want to simply give her medication till 100% sure what was wrong.

So firstly he said might be infection, just take antibiotics for a week, if still no improvement, bring her back, they will give referral to the Serdang hosp.

And he even told me straight that it could be so many things- weak bladder muscles, small urethra, or even the ectopic urethra- which they can confirm once they've done x-ray, neurological exams & blood tests.

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 27, 2008, 1:03 AM

Post #10 of 38 (32593 views)
Shortcut

ya i know some cases where the vet will refer back to UPM... i'm not sure if Dr Nadzariah Cheng is still there, she's the guru in UPM... hv a fren whose dog was attended by Dr N.Cheng and my fren said she is a really great vet...

hope all is good... do let us know how ur dog is after a week on antibiotics... Smile

Sookie's Photo Gallery

shapeshifter

Apr 3, 2008, 12:18 AM

Post #11 of 38 (31986 views)
Shortcut

updates on Sophie:

She still seems to be a little leaky, esp when she wakes up, poor thing.

However, urine scalds have completely cleared.

The dr did recommend for us to go see Dr Nadzariah Cheng.

Probably will go sometimes withing the next 2 weeks.
U're frend has nothing but praises nfor her lah?

I hope she's available, coz I was told she's very busy- so I'll make an appointment soon.

Thanks for the info.Sly

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Apr 3, 2008, 12:38 AM

Post #12 of 38 (31981 views)
Shortcut

ah, sophie is getting better, but not completely Unsure... ya quick quick make appt with upm... yep heard quite some praises for dr n.cheng... found this at upm website... www.vet.upm.edu.my/encheng.html

btw, i was at spca website the other day, read some success stories, n in this 1 story this owner mentioned his doggies, names fluffy (went to heaven), sprite, chewie... u kah tu? Smile

Sookie's Photo Gallery

shapeshifter

Apr 3, 2008, 3:33 AM

Post #13 of 38 (31968 views)
Shortcut

hahaha oMG yea...

I almost forgot abt fluffy!!

She was this super cute miniature spitz which some idiot abdoned IN A TRASH CAN that my piano teacher's neighbour rescued and gave her.

She was damn cute I begged my mum to let me adopt her.Wink

shapeshifter

May 6, 2008, 7:24 AM

Post #14 of 38 (31628 views)
Shortcut

Sophie's 2nd appointment is next Monday, the 12th.

to determine wht she has, apparently.

will update ocne we hear.

Meanwhile, she did have some urine scalds but I've managed so treat it by cutting the fur and applying the sulphur base ointment. Wokred like a charm!

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

May 13, 2008, 2:17 AM

Post #15 of 38 (30659 views)
Shortcut

hey there, how did sophie's appointment go today? hear from u soon...

Sookie's Photo Gallery

shapeshifter

May 15, 2008, 10:44 PM

Post #16 of 38 (30332 views)
Shortcut

Hi

Sorry for the delayed reply.

Yp, they 100% confirmed she has ectopic ureter; surgery's on Friday.

I had no heart wanna leave her also but no choice la. Tsk.

She's damn sad apparently coz she can't eat lol. Poor thing.

this 1st half is gonna cost a bit- RM1750.

That's just the op & testing according to the vet.

The rest... die la... apparently the entire cost can be up to 4k.

My brother wants to go n hantam the lady who sold her to me bcoz it is damn kesian for this poor innocent pup. To me I see no point.

i love her so I cannot give her away, I will take care of her. I miss her like mad; it's been 3 days.

y other dog also misses her- tunjuk muka la the fella. lol.
Hopefully once surgery's done she's ok.

thanks so much for your recommendation; the staff there have been so good n professional.

(This post was edited by shapeshifter on May 15, 2008, 10:59 PM)

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

May 15, 2008, 11:00 PM

Post #17 of 38 (30328 views)
Shortcut

oh poor Sophie... she's now boarding at upm, waiting for surgery? will be thinking of her n wishing her well...

i applaud u for not giving up on Sophie... no doubt it will cost A LOT to treat her, but how can we ever give away our dog who's like a family member, rite?

keep us posted on Sophie's progress n keep in touch ok? Smile

Sookie's Photo Gallery

shapeshifter

May 16, 2008, 6:54 PM

Post #18 of 38 (30258 views)
Shortcut

yea, i could never give any one of my dogs up!

If they're sick I'd rather take care of them; plus who knows what someone else who's not compassinate will do!

Yes, Her surgery's this morning so my mum will call them to check the status later this afternoon.

Since Monday's a holiday I think they'll discharge her on Tuesday.

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

May 16, 2008, 8:08 PM

Post #19 of 38 (30247 views)
Shortcut

Hope she recovers well and fast..

shapeshifter

May 18, 2008, 8:42 AM

Post #20 of 38 (30193 views)
Shortcut

Went to visit Sophie today.

As soon as she saw us, she got super excited, and tried to jump to lick us, but because of the Elizabeth collar, it was so hard, poor thing.

LOL. She seems totally fine, been told she'll be discharged next week.

I was so happy to see her, I've missed her like mad.

(This post was edited by shapeshifter on May 18, 2008, 8:44 AM)

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

May 18, 2008, 6:52 PM

Post #21 of 38 (30180 views)
Shortcut

Glad to hear all went smoothly.. Just make sure she doesn't lick/bite her wound when she gets back.. Better to keep the e-collar on until her stitches heals..

shapeshifter

May 20, 2008, 6:56 PM

Post #22 of 38 (30079 views)
Shortcut

yea.

I rmb'd when my other 2 got spayed, the vet gave the green light to take off the collar but told us to put old t-shirts for them to shop wound licking.

they looked so cute, hahaha.

shapeshifter

May 22, 2008, 5:17 AM

Post #23 of 38 (30015 views)
Shortcut

Sophie came home today, needs to go for a follow up on the 26th.

She's healthy, the doctor said her bladder needs to get used to getting all full & stuff, so she's still gonna be slightly leaky for a few months.

What I wasn't so pleased about was I caught her scratching herself vigourously, and when I checked, she had a tick on her.

And after I check all over, she had FIVE.

Man..... I'm gonna have to go buy the lotion/shampoo/flea collar.

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

May 22, 2008, 8:10 AM

Post #24 of 38 (30011 views)
Shortcut

It's like that le when your dog goes away from you and is exposed to other dogs. Never know what they might get. Just need to get some anti tick solutions... Glad to hear she's all good now.. Wish her a speedy recovery..

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

May 23, 2008, 1:52 AM

Post #25 of 38 (29982 views)
Shortcut

besides the scratching, is Sophie her usual happy self again after coming home? hope she is doing well... Smile

i'm also very frustrated when my dog get ticks after a walk... just hv to check n kill those ticks... no need special lotion or shampoo, apply frontline will do... flea collar, i've used it n found that it doesn't work...

Sookie's Photo Gallery

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my