Home: Behavioral Problems: Peeing and Poo Problem:
My QQ boy need help - Maltese Male

samanthagsh
Novice

May 8, 2008, 2:51 AM

Post #1 of 17 (17369 views)
Shortcut
My QQ boy need help - Maltese Male Can't Post

Any maltese fan here? Just wondering how can i paper train my 3 1/2 mths QQ boy. (i prefer paper train than toilet train)Wink.

I just bought my QQ boy 1 week ago. And i still can't train him to pee and poo at the certain place. or its too early for me to say thisTongue I put newspaper and dropped a few drop of the "toilet training" aid which I bought from the pet shop, but he will end up trying to chew and tear the newspaper instead. Mad But sometimes he will pee or poo at the correct place alsoWink AND again he likes to play on e paper. aiyo so dirty !!

And my BOY got quite serious tearing problem, anyone can help>>>

Pls help!!

Thanks

Attachments: QQ.jpg (23.5 KB)

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

May 8, 2008, 5:47 PM

Post #2 of 17 (17309 views)
Shortcut
Re: [samanthagsh] My QQ boy need help - Maltese Male [In reply to] Can't Post

where got so easy wan for toilet training? i haven't met a dog that responds to that toilet training drops yet. Run through the posts here there are many ways to train him to do it on the right place. he's just like a 3 months old baby. How do you expect him to know what is right and worng and what is dirty or not? You have to teach him.

~Nature's Way: Raw Food for Health ~

~ Pet ID Tags: A MUST For Every Pet! ~

diepretty
Novice

May 8, 2008, 8:54 PM

Post #3 of 17 (17285 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acsyen] My QQ boy need help - Maltese Male [In reply to] Can't Post

Totally agree with yen, it's never ever easy, even for the best professionals. I've had Ozzy for 4-5 weeks now and she till pees all over my house, and I literally mean all over - including her own crate, after which she will happily sleep on it! Toilet training potions do not work as well I find. I say 1 weeks is definitely way too early for you to scream, regardless of how young, old or smart the puppy is Cool Even with all the other methods here, it may still not work....even if after a few months.

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

May 8, 2008, 9:02 PM

Post #4 of 17 (17284 views)
Shortcut
Re: [diepretty] My QQ boy need help - Maltese Male [In reply to] Can't Post

I also have one pup which is bout 8 months old now and will do it on right place when she goes to other ppl's house or when we are watching when we are not around.... suprise..... come back whole house see also can pengsan... Just have to be very patient with them and still slowly toilet train..

~Nature's Way: Raw Food for Health ~

~ Pet ID Tags: A MUST For Every Pet! ~

jessyca_loh
K9 Maniac

May 8, 2008, 10:38 PM

Post #5 of 17 (17269 views)
Shortcut

if u dowan to use newspaper, u can get those wee wee pads and once he peed on the pad, just keep it at 1 spot and constantly get him to go to that spot to pee and poo, if he does his business nearby the area or on the spot, praise him and give him a treat. U can try to watch out for their symptoms, sometimes when they wana poo, they will circle a few rounds b4 squatting down..so when u see that u carry him to the spot lor..

toilet training is the most difficult and takes time and patience to train them one, some dogs learn fast and some will still have accidents after few mths of training..so this is depends on how hard working u are in training him lor..

diepretty
Novice

May 8, 2008, 11:03 PM

Post #6 of 17 (17265 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jessyca_loh] My QQ boy need help - Maltese Male [In reply to] Can't Post

for some reason, wee wee pads are a disaster for me! ozzy loves to shred the pads. put it there and it's gone in less than 10 mins. a very very expensive hobby she has Tongue

jessyca_loh
K9 Maniac

May 8, 2008, 11:14 PM

Post #7 of 17 (17261 views)
Shortcut
Re: [diepretty] My QQ boy need help - Maltese Male [In reply to] Can't Post

Wee wee pads are definately much better than newspaper lor..aiyoh scold her when u caught her doing it..if u let her get used to it, she will continue to destroy it..unless u wana use cloth.. Tongue

samanthagsh
Novice

May 10, 2008, 6:07 PM

Post #8 of 17 (17053 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acsyen] My QQ boy need help - Maltese Male [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, thanks for your reply. Anyway, i dun believe in using e spot training already now as for these 2 days i noticed my BOY start pee or poo on the paper already but of coz sometimes he will forgot la..But anyway, just be patience lo..Hee, i am quite satisfied already coz i only take one week for the training..Cool

samanthagsh
Novice

May 10, 2008, 6:12 PM

Post #9 of 17 (17052 views)
Shortcut

Hi jessyca, thanks for your adviseLaugh But using wee wee pad is very costly le coz i know penang is selling RM4 per pcs..So exCrazy By e way, where do u from?

And i never like toilet train coz i find it dif for e puppy and for us also. U got to stay in w him till he finish his bizUnsure

Anyway, i think i am half successful liao coz now whenever he wants to pee or poo he will try to g near to e paper there. And again sometimes he will forgot la..But its ok, just be patience loSly

BY e way, is ur puppy maltese (in e pic) ?? Coz i need help abt e tearing problem. My QQ boy got serious tearing problem

jessyca_loh
K9 Maniac

May 13, 2008, 1:16 AM

Post #10 of 17 (16813 views)
Shortcut

I'm from Penang.

Eh nolah, can buy from Jusco..the japanese brand..its like 102pcs for Rm49.90 only mar..i attached the packet picture here for ur reference..

Mine is a poodle not maltese..yes she has very bad tear stains too..im trying a product called Health and Shine..u can visit the website - healthnshine.com/

Her tear stains improved a lot..no more reddish color..she will still have tears but u can just wipe it away and it wont stain its hair..
Attachments: DSC00704.JPG (209 KB)

samanthagsh
Novice

May 13, 2008, 6:00 AM

Post #11 of 17 (16795 views)
Shortcut

So chun and i am from penang tooWink Which floor of Jusco u bought e wee wee pad? Quite cheap huh cozo pet shop told me RM4 per pcs...

And again thanks for e web link..Hmm, it sounds like very effective le. By the way, where can i buy this coz i saw all the pet shops are in kl not in penang at all..

jessyca_loh
K9 Maniac

May 13, 2008, 5:40 PM

Post #12 of 17 (16762 views)
Shortcut

I bought the wee wee pads from the Basement area, the row which sells Japanese brand products..

For the time being Health and Shine is not available yet in Penang petshop, U can call the number or email Yang, he will deliver to Penang with additional Rm10 for Pos Laju fees.

We are having our monthly dog gathering this coming 18 May ( Sunday ). I've posted up the info under General -> Chit Chat there..u can go take a look and join us, just make sure that QQ has finished all 3 jabs b4 u bring him out to socalise with other furkids.

samanthagsh
Novice

May 14, 2008, 5:01 AM

Post #13 of 17 (16717 views)
Shortcut

Appreciate with all the infoLaugh Learned a lot from u and really hope i can join for the gathering but QQ has not completed his 3 jabs yet. ANyway, just gimme a twinkle for the next gathering.

Do u mind to give me ur msn if u have coz i really wish i can learn more from u!

TQ TQ TQ

jessyca_loh
K9 Maniac

May 14, 2008, 6:53 PM

Post #14 of 17 (16669 views)
Shortcut

Err u wan my what ha ? MSN ah ? Cos cant see the words la.. Tongue

My Hotmail MSN username is jessyca_lsl

Sure we have monthly dog gatherings one so shall inform u next time..

cutevb19
Novice

May 30, 2008, 4:09 AM

Post #15 of 17 (16161 views)
Shortcut

Hie,

Kinda a bit late to reply this post by now. But anyway, just wanna share a bit of experiences here.

I just have my Mikey da Maltese for almost 3 weeks by this weekend. He is 8 weeks already and is going tru a half way success to a toilet trained Wink

He still have some accidents as pee or poo on the floor especially when i fall asleep and couldn't hear his calls. Usually poo is much easier to notice than pee. so can just bring him straight to toilet in the beginning and after few tries, when you actually see him circling around, tell him to go toilet or lead him to toilet.

Even after you come back from work, make it a habit for urs to go to toilet or ur designated place to pee or poo.

I prefer toilet train than paper. I scared when he used to paper train, the next time he saw paper on the floor he'll mistaken it as his place to poo or pee. Beside, toilet is much easier place to clean Sly

I'm keeping my finger cross for him to 100% toilet train now. Tongue

In Reply To

harky
Novice

Jul 1, 2008, 11:52 PM

Post #16 of 17 (15672 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cutevb19] My QQ boy need help - Maltese Male [In reply to] Can't Post

get yogi pee tray.. clean & gd

cocogeckos
Novice

Jun 16, 2009, 12:38 AM

Post #17 of 17 (13766 views)
Shortcut
Re: [harky] My QQ boy need help - Maltese Male [In reply to] Can't Post

what is the dif of toilet and paper train??Smile

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my