Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Dog's Rights and Protection:
Shah Alam Dog Licences - Any experience?

Kojikoji
Novice

Apr 30, 2008, 8:16 PM

Post #1 of 10 (11268 views)
Shortcut
Shah Alam Dog Licences - Any experience? Can't Post

Hi
I live in Kemuning, Shah Alam and yesterday I received a Notice from the MBSA to get a licence for my dog. I have a little shihtzu which is kept indoors most of the time.
So, i'd like to know about anyone's experience with getting dog licence in MBSA?? This scary news here that they ban all dogs in Shah Alam is really un-nerving so I would appreciate if anyone here can share experience on dealing with MBSA's dog licencing? What are the procedures and how long does it take to apply for it?
The notice says I must get the licence within 7 days!

I've been trying to get some info on this in this forum but can't seem to find any help.

Thanks!

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

May 1, 2008, 12:33 AM

Post #2 of 10 (11258 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Kojikoji] Shah Alam Dog Licences - Any experience? [In reply to] Can't Post

i checked with my fren who stays in shah alam n had applied license for her dogs... her first reaction: "aiyo, very ma fan one!"...

she can't remember clearly, but she mentioned u need photographs of ur house, the dog cage, and neighbour's consent... if u stay in intermediate lot, then u need both the left n right neighbours' consent... once u hv successfully gotten the license, then the yearly renewal will be much easier...

my fren said just go to mbsa n they will give u a form n tell u wat u need to submit for the application...

all the best!

Sookie's Photo Gallery
DON'T BREED AND BUY, WHILE HOMELESS ANIMALS DIE.
EVERY DOG SHOULD HAVE A HOME.

Kojikoji
Novice

May 1, 2008, 1:02 AM

Post #3 of 10 (11251 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ai_ney] Shah Alam Dog Licences - Any experience? [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks, ai_ney, for the info.

Yeah, I called up MBSA today and they told me more or less the same thing. Need to provide photos of the dog, the house compound but they didnt mention anything about cage. Anyway, i don't cage my dog - he stays inside the house! Yeah, and also neighbour's consent. True, like u said, damn "mah farn"! When I asked them how long it takes to process an application, she said 5 WEEKS! When i expressed shock, she quickly added that w.e.f. 1 May (tomorrow), they will revise it to 24 hours. Well, from 5 weeks to 24 hours is a great improvement but still cant beat other city councils where it can be processed on-the-spot!

Just our luck to be under MBSA! Anyway, I will go to their office this Friday and see how things work out.

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

May 1, 2008, 1:11 AM

Post #4 of 10 (11249 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Kojikoji] Shah Alam Dog Licences - Any experience? [In reply to] Can't Post

haha ya, mbsa is the ma farn council... i think mbpj is similar... so far i heard mpsj is easiest when it comes to applying dog license...

but funny tat mbsa come n kacau u when ur dog is placed indoor... must be neighbour complain... wat u think?

Sookie's Photo Gallery

Kojikoji
Novice

May 1, 2008, 1:51 AM

Post #5 of 10 (11246 views)
Shortcut

Well, I don't know if my neighbour is that nasty but certainly there is no basis for complaints. My dog is a Shihtzu and as most shihtzus go, they are pretty quiet dogs. My dog only barks in excitement when he sees me coming home. Other than that, he is quiet at all times - he stays inside the house and he sleeps upstairs in my room.

I don't know why the MBSA guy was in our area - a gated community. Possibly he was checking on the complaints on stray dogs, which many residents have filed becoz of late there had been some nuisance stray dogs in the area. These strays climb into our house compounds (including mine) and have messed-up our gardens several times. As luck may have it, my little dog was leashed to my front door (NOT even front gate) when my maid does the house-cleaning and that's when the MBSA guy saw it.

So, it could be EITHER of the above possibilities...sigh.

Before we moved here, we were living in USJ and I have had my dog for 3 years with no licence - and NO problem whatsoever!

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

May 1, 2008, 2:03 AM

Post #6 of 10 (11243 views)
Shortcut

ah then it might just be a coincidence that they saw ur dog without a license when they were in the area...

hehe, shah alam definitely not very dog frenly becoz of mbsa rulings... usj is better for dog owners...

Sookie's Photo Gallery

leeeejoe
Dog Kichi

Jul 1, 2008, 11:47 PM

Post #7 of 10 (10874 views)
Shortcut

hello, i just moved into kota kemuning as well..havent got my dog liscence though, and i have a shepherd..issit a real pain in the as$ to get the liscence done??coz it took me one whole day to get the water going, one whole day to get electricity, dont tell me i need one whole day to get a dog liscence...
joe

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 2, 2008, 2:24 AM

Post #8 of 10 (10865 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leeeejoe] Shah Alam Dog Licences - Any experience? [In reply to] Can't Post

from wat i've heard, yup it is a real pain to get a dog license from mbsa... i suggest u call them up to get a list of things u need to submit, prepare them n find 1 day to go to mbsa lo... but do get it done soon, shah alam is really not very dog frenly, so without a license... unless ur dog stays indoor most of the time... Smile

Sookie's Photo Gallery

leeeejoe
Dog Kichi

Jul 2, 2008, 7:05 PM

Post #9 of 10 (10836 views)
Shortcut

arR??indoors??cannot lah...mine's a shepherd..hahaha...hmmmm...one whole day to get liscence done...so...another day of annual leave gone....why make it such a pain for us to get something so simple done??? sometimes it really pisses me off...and its not like we dont have a job...and afterall, they got the pay raise and still such shitty service...
joe

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 5, 2008, 7:11 PM

Post #10 of 10 (10744 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leeeejoe] Shah Alam Dog Licences - Any experience? [In reply to] Can't Post

so have u gone to mbsa to get the license? let us know how the service is nowadays... can get in 1 hr or wait 1 day?? Tongue

Sookie's Photo Gallery

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my