Lost dog micro chip no

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Joekok72
Novice

Apr 21, 2008, 9:49 PM

Post #1 of 26 (3878 views)
Shortcut
Lost dog micro chip no Can't Post

Is there anyone know any organization can help to find lost dog? some organization that I can give them my dog micro chip no that links to the vets or etc. Pls help. Joe 012-6317800

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Apr 21, 2008, 10:12 PM

Post #2 of 26 (3869 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Joekok72] Lost dog micro chip no [In reply to] Can't Post

try mka.com.my... they hv records of microchipped dogs... i've recently been in contact with them, n the person who attended to me is very friendly n helpful...

hv u lost ur dog? u can also call up spca and paws to alert them in case some1 found the dog n sends to the animal shelter... also try searching at the dog pounds if the dog ran out... tougher to locate if the dog is stolen...

Sookie's Photo Gallery
DON'T BREED AND BUY, WHILE HOMELESS ANIMALS DIE.
EVERY DOG SHOULD HAVE A HOME.

Joekok72
Novice

Apr 21, 2008, 10:16 PM

Post #3 of 26 (3866 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ai_ney] Lost dog micro chip no [In reply to] Can't Post

Tx for your info, I suspect it was stolen

Regards

exlish

Apr 22, 2008, 5:30 AM

Post #4 of 26 (3850 views)
Shortcut

hi...

when n where did you lost him or her???what breed is it???can keep a look out for u...im staying in subang and has came across feww lost doggies n manage to return them to their owners...maybe i can help...:Pjust lending a hand as my dog was lost too n still couldn locate her where bouts till this very day...

Joekok72
Novice

Apr 22, 2008, 4:45 PM

Post #5 of 26 (3826 views)
Shortcut
Re: [exlish] Lost dog micro chip no [In reply to] Can't Post

Dear exlish, Tx for your help. My dog lost in sitiawan.. He is a 6 months male golden retriever. Suspect stolen

JS Lew
Enthusiast

Apr 22, 2008, 5:20 PM

Post #6 of 26 (3818 views)
Shortcut

How does MKA can help in cases like this? My lost dog has microchip on it also.

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Apr 22, 2008, 7:33 PM

Post #7 of 26 (3801 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JS Lew] Lost dog micro chip no [In reply to] Can't Post

mka is supposed to have a database system of all microchipped dogs (provided tat the breeder/ owner of the dog registers the microchip number with mka)...

i think, for lost or stolen dogs, owners can alert mka and vets abt the dog... mka can notify u if someone found a dog n calls up mka... helpful vets can screen thru new patients n tell u if the number match with ur lost dog's microchip... of coz this is the scenario where all parties are very helpful, but i seriously think all responsible vets should help owners who's lost their dogs...

this is my opinion, hope others can share their thoughts as well...

Sookie's Photo Gallery

Joekok72
Novice

Apr 22, 2008, 11:32 PM

Post #8 of 26 (3770 views)
Shortcut

Well, it is sad that i cant still locate my dog. What is the point of sending my dog top be micro chipped? Hopefully some genius out there may have some device that can track him down via GPS or something.

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Apr 22, 2008, 11:45 PM

Post #9 of 26 (3768 views)
Shortcut

stolen dogs are not easy to trace... worst case scenario is they r used in puppy mills as breeding machines, in this case, these dogs are never sent to the vet for anything, so even if the vets are helpful, they can't help...

microchip is still important... if ur dog ran out the house, n a good samaritan found ur dog, the dog can be returned to you safe n sound if this person calls up mka to trace the owner via microchip number... it is important for owners to remember to transfer ownership of the dog when the dog is already microchipped by the breeder...

i found a lost microchipped dog last friday, n is still searching for his rightful owner... i called mka, which led me to the breeder but not owner (no transfer of ownership), i also called spca n paws, n posted in forums...

owners who hv previously lost their dog hv suggested putting up posters n distributing flyers of ur lost dog promising a reward upon ur dog's safe return... sometimes this method would be able to lure the crooks into giving the dog back to its owner... i wish u all the best for ur dog...

Sookie's Photo Gallery

(This post was edited by ai_ney on Apr 22, 2008, 11:48 PM)

Veanne
K9 Maniac

Apr 23, 2008, 12:09 AM

Post #10 of 26 (3755 views)
Shortcut

sitiawan which part...?? maybe i can help you... haih... lost a dog in sitiawan... its like... only 20% of chances you might get it back... have you check the shelter..??? maybe the council already get her... have to go there see fast oo... if not... ...

~L0v3 SHIRO 4 EveR~

(This post was edited by Veanne on Apr 23, 2008, 4:01 AM)

Joekok72
Novice

Apr 23, 2008, 1:35 AM

Post #11 of 26 (3745 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Veanne] Lost dog micro chip no [In reply to] Can't Post

Dear Veanne, I lost it at home in Taman Muhibbah, went around the vet but still cannot locate him, I doubt the local council will catch stray dogs cause there are thousand of stray dogs around

Veanne
K9 Maniac

Apr 23, 2008, 3:53 AM

Post #12 of 26 (3725 views)
Shortcut

i'll ask my family members be alert... just in case if they saw your furkid, i'll contact you... hope your dog does not drop in the hand of those breeders... in the meanwhile... try to stick poster everywhere... hope it will help...

i dunno much about your neighbour... i live in kg koh... last time kg koh is really very popular with stray dogs... but now no more cause the council catch them all already... no more stray dogs in my neighbourhood already...

~L0v3 SHIRO 4 EveR~

(This post was edited by Veanne on Apr 23, 2008, 4:08 AM)

Joekok72
Novice

Apr 23, 2008, 5:00 PM

Post #13 of 26 (3690 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Veanne] Lost dog micro chip no [In reply to] Can't Post

Tx veanne..

exlish

Apr 24, 2008, 4:34 AM

Post #14 of 26 (3631 views)
Shortcut

i would like to ask a few question...my friend`s few blocks down the road neighbour has a silky terrier...the prob is the family do not treat the dog well...letting run free around the neighbourhood with a collar but no guidence(its so small,nearly got run over a few times)...it hardly have its shower n eats super market brands...its badly infected with ticks...i doubt its even spayed,plus the kids use to beat it up too..to them its playin...is it wrong to take the dog away from the family??my friend has advice the neighbour but nothin seem to take effect...so she decided to take the dog n keep it...now the silky is in good hands...went to the groomers n etc n ticks free now...the prob is the family is looking for the dog n my friend is very reluctant to return it to them...if she was to bring it to the nearby vet does she has the rite to tell the doc no if the doc wants to scan for mic chip??cause i really feel that the dog deserves a better life...is it wrong based on my friend doing???pls advice on this matter...thanks

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Apr 24, 2008, 9:07 PM

Post #15 of 26 (3582 views)
Shortcut

i'm smiling as i read ur post Smile... but yes, it is wrong to take away the dog from the family... frankly, wat ur fren did is dognapping, some ppl dognap for very wrong reasons, ur fren dognap to save the dog n hopefully provide it with better living conditions...

ur fren did the right thing by talking to the owner previously but nothing took effect... for me, the next thing to do would be to report to spca, tell them it's a neglect n possibly abuse (kids beating the dog) case... spca may take a while to look into this case (lack of resources), but if u're persistent spca will definitely follow up the case asap, n then take it from there...

now that the dog is, as u mentioned, in good hands, well i suppose ur fren would want to keep the dog... has ur fren already sent the dog to the vet for microchip scanning? if the dog has microchip n the number traced back to the owner, well it could be trouble brewing for ur fren if the owner finds out... if the dog is without microchip, then it could be anyone's dog... Smile

Sookie's Photo Gallery

exlish

Apr 25, 2008, 1:18 AM

Post #16 of 26 (3561 views)
Shortcut

hi ai-ney...

thanks for replyin...actually i don think it can be called a neglect case...its just that the owner does not take proper care for the dog...like not bathing...etc...the prob is that the family sees in a situation whereby a dog is a dog...as long it has shelter n food im doing my duties well...as my fren has not bring it to the vet for check ups as afraid the clinic will scan for mic chip without her noticin n alert the neighbour...there were even times where i n her went n hang a piece of paper to the puppy collar saying pls bath me but the family still ignore..so wat we do was we would shower it once evry 2 weeks n return it to the family...;p

sounds so funny rite but den it came to the point where enough is enough...so while the fella was running around the neighbourhood we lured it into my fren house n the rest is history...well its been 2 weeks now...the dog has gain 3kg...well worst come to we will just go all the way out of subang to get her check n vaccine...lol...i sound like a criminal...

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Apr 25, 2008, 11:42 PM

Post #17 of 26 (3502 views)
Shortcut

if the dog is tick infested, as u mentioned, then it is neglect...

sometimes, owners just need to be educated... mayb hanging a piece of paper on the dog's collar asking for him to be bathed may not be effective... perhaps having a face to face n reasonable talk with the owner might change his attitude towards caring for the dog?

a tiny dog running around alone with or without a tag could be easily picked up by anybody... be it dognappers who wants to turn it into a breeding machine, foreign workers who has their pot on the stove at home waiting, council's dog catchers, or someone simply thinking the dog is lost... looking at the good side, at least the dog is with ur fren who, hopefully, could give the dog a better life instead of falling into the wrong hands...

i just hope ur fren's neighbour won't come into this forum n sees this post!

Sookie's Photo Gallery

boggysv
Novice

Apr 25, 2008, 11:54 PM

Post #18 of 26 (3498 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
lol...i sound like a criminal...

Guess what? You are. It's called theft.

Who are you to impose your values onto others? If you do not agree with the owner's actions, you can try to report to the authorities ,talk to them, or even make them an offer.

If you feel taking the dog away is the best course of action, have the guts to go tell the owners. Not leave them searching high and low while you wallow in your fantasy world of misguided justice.

exlish

Apr 26, 2008, 7:49 AM

Post #19 of 26 (3478 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boggysv] Lost dog micro chip no [In reply to] Can't Post

yes i wouldn argue wit u on that matter...likewise...my fren has talked to the owner n the owner brushes saying its her dog she do whats she likes n its only a dog...n plus its not spayed...even if it wasn for us,others would have taken it...unlucky it becomes a breeding machine...this dog is only 2 1/2 yrs...it has given birth twice...not only that..the family has two boys...they would play so called kung fu with her n u will hear her wailing...

yes...what my fren is doing is wrong but at times we rather be called theft den seein her in dat condition...n this isn`t the 1st...they had a male shih tzu but ran over it...can u imagine that situation...if my point of view on this matter is wrong den mayb all i can say wat comes around goes around...

the only reason i think the r lookin for her is that her heat is about to come...if not trust me she wouldn be bothered...i do admit wat im doing is wrong...like ai-ney said its dognapping...but the doggy is really happy with her current state...so far no flyers has been out...to me..my fren would be willing to give it back if the family would actually put effort in looking 4 dog...

but then again..wat my fren has done is still wrong n wouldn argue on that matter...its just that we reli don have the heart to leave it...be it a mongrel or a pedigree...lucky for my fren no strays around dat areaherhouse sure become mini zoo...now also like 1...4 dogs,2 cats n hamsters...anyways thanks for your advice...:)

Joekok72
Novice

May 6, 2008, 8:13 PM

Post #20 of 26 (3200 views)
Shortcut

Hi, Tx for all the concern, I manage to locate my dog. I loan a reader from a local vet and verified my dog. Tx for the microchip

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

May 6, 2008, 9:36 PM

Post #21 of 26 (3193 views)
Shortcut

wow! u found back ur dog??? but u mentioned ur dog was stolen... pls share with us how u managed to find n verify it's ur dog... can't wait to hear from u again! Cool

Sookie's Photo Gallery

exlish

May 7, 2008, 4:56 AM

Post #22 of 26 (3165 views)
Shortcut

congrats on finding your dog...

anyhow how did u manage to even get a dog to scan???was he around youe neighbourhood???or you went to every pet shop to scan??

Joekok72
Novice

May 7, 2008, 5:31 PM

Post #23 of 26 (3128 views)
Shortcut

Wel, I got information from a local vet than someone went to a pet shop to buy dog food for a newly bought GR about 7 months old. The vet told me the location and I search for 3 week around the area. The wall on the house is quite tall but thanks god I heard dog bark and i peep thru the tall wall. I saw my dog hence I approach the vet to loan me the reader. I brought the reader and approach the house owner with a copy of the police report with the micro chip no. He was a bit annoyed when I told him that the dog belongs to me. I manage to scan the dog with the reader. and the rest is history. Anyway tx for all the concern especially to some reader who call and tell me they found GR as far as terengganu

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

May 7, 2008, 6:30 PM

Post #24 of 26 (3122 views)
Shortcut

wow amazing! now i really see the importance of microchip as an identification for our dogs!

so did this 'new owner' bought ur GR from some crook or he found ur GR n decided to keep him or he stole ur GR?

Sookie's Photo Gallery

Joekok72
Novice

May 7, 2008, 7:22 PM

Post #25 of 26 (3107 views)
Shortcut

I suspect we bought the GR from someone who claim that the GR belongs to them and they decided not to keep it. So he sold it to him

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my